• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

tried the utility and rsd lite for the purpose of getting back to stock.. went from rooted .181 and was trying to get back to untouched factory settings. both hung up in the middle, had to quit.. rsd lite stops at step 12, which is writing 'system'. the utility stops on writing system image. now my phone is a brick. won't boot and says:

invalid flash mode (s)(boot failure)
0a.66
device is locked. status code 0
battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable
invalid cg otv (cg:system): invalid sp data
invalid cg version (cg:system)
invalid cg otv (cg: system)

am i totally screwed? any ideas or help is welcome, thanks

new development: after trying for hours to get the phone to boot up, the battery is now low.
thus compounding my problem. i have also been unable to find resources to get the phone to charge while in this state. even buying the programming cable is not an option, can't find one for purchase. i don't feel confident to make one. is my new razr maxx just trash now? i thought being permanently bricked was rare .. was i wrong?

#2 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

coming from what build?

#3 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

Rooted .181

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Dis u use the latest utility? What r u trying to go to?
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

Yeah used 1.6 which got me a bit further but still hangs up. Just want to be totally stock with no traces of tampering..

#6 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

did you try a diff USB port? i have had this issue before

#7 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Also try a different cable. I know it sounds obscure but that is what was screwing up my last fastboot experience...

#8 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Also try a different cable. I know it sounds obscure but that is what was screwing up my last fastboot experience...

No I think you are right! I realized I am not using a factory USB cable.. thanks guys I hope this does it

#9 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

nope, still getting hung up in the same place. on the 1.60 utility the only error i see in the log is cannot load 'files\logo.bin' then four steps later it says writing 'system' and never moves on from there

#10 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

Re install the utility..... That had happened to me before, so I re installed the utility and presto..... Problem solved!

Best of luck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#11 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Re install the utility..... That had happened to me before, so I re installed the utility and presto..... Problem solved!

Best of luck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

can you explain? i never installed anything, maybe that's my problem? i only downloaded, extracted, ran. the utility isn't even listed under installed programs for me to uninstall.. how do you install it?

#12 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

thats what he meant.. anyway try again. with a different USB port on your pc. .. you can also try redownloading. if you had any outages or interruptions during the download you may have a bad file. so try these things and get back to me..
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#13 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

redownload files and try again.

#14 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

well the first thing i need to address is getting the thing to charge. any ideas on that? it won't do anything now due to low battery.

#15 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

well the first thing i need to address is getting the thing to charge. any ideas on that? it won't do anything now due to low battery.

look up motorolla Factory cable. :D thats what you need to get in order to flash a system then charge it.. :D either make one or buy one from team black hat when they have them available
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#16 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

well, i went ahead and bought a cable on ebay. couldn't find any at first but i guess china has some, so i went ahead and cut out the middle man. now i just gotta wait til mid june :/

#17 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

whoa!! my cable came so fast from hong kong i can't believe it. works like a charm and was only 10bucks i can't believe it. ok guys.. here we go again

#18 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

ok, ezcatz was nice enough to walk me through this method..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

didn't work though. i was really hopeful. anyone got any other ideas? please please please

#19 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

even tried the latest revised utility and it stops in the same place. why can't the utility or rsd lite write the system? what would cause that? when i quit rsd lite it says flashing system 'system image': fail, too many open files. when i try the 1.51 utility it stops at writing cdt.bin

#20 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Getting stuck writing system is sometimes a sign your computer doesn't have enough ram. Mine uses more than 3 Gb when system is flashing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users