#21 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

ok, ezcatz was nice enough to walk me through this method..

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

didn't work though. i was really hopeful. anyone got any other ideas? please please please

Okay so I need you to do all of these steps.

Get SDK on your computer, assuming you do not have it installed. Do this by a.) Youtube b.) Google c.) Ask a person with more knowledge on this site. Then make sure you are using RSD Lite v5.7 NOTHING LOWER. Then just redownload .181 fastboot files from www.rombot.droidhive.com/roms/spyder/moto and get them. Then use RSD and you should be fine.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#22 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

mattlgroff also suggested i may be having issues with ram. i explained to him i have 8 gb and with all the normal background stuff running on my laptop it uses about 25% so i should still have around 6gb available. he said that's most likely not my problem then.

Okay so I need you to do all of these steps.

Get SDK on your computer, assuming you do not have it installed. Do this by a.) Youtube b.) Google c.) Ask a person with more knowledge on this site. Then make sure you are using RSD Lite v5.7 NOTHING LOWER. Then just redownload .181 fastboot files from www.rombot.droidhive.com/roms/spyder/moto and get them. Then use RSD and you should be fine.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

have to go to work now but i will try this tonight. didn't even know there was a rsd 5.7 or if there were .181 fastboot files availible yet. thanks

#23 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

why is the .181 fastboot file so much smaller than .173? less than half the size. also when i try to run it on rsd lite it says xml format is wrong or img files are missing. ok now i really gotta go to work

#24 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

why is the .181 fastboot file so much smaller than .173? less than half the size. also when i try to run it on rsd lite it says xml format is wrong or img files are missing. ok now i really gotta go to work

Not sure if you ever got this resolved but I once had the same issue. I tried to fastboot back to .181 and got the same error. Only thing that worked for me was to download the .744 file. The .744 flashed without a hitch. Then I just took the OTA's back up to .181.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#25 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

still having this problem. anyone heard of this issue before? i need to try using a different computer i think. i have a feeling it's the usb ports on my laptop that are making my life difficult. it's a really nice and new machine, but it just doesn't make sense why this is happening. i have 8gb of ram and nothing running so that's not it

#26 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

i can't believe it. this worked:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users