[Rom][Razr - Cdma] Koa Rom (Cm9) - (7/22/2012)

leak 4.0.4 ics cm9 koa rom

• Please log in to reply
1148 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

POPULAR

KOA ROM

KOA (KOH-AH) IS THE HAWAIIAN WORD FOR "SOLDIER"

Built from CM9 Source Thanks to DHacker, Hashcode, DroidTh3ory, Google, Android, Cyanogen, AOSP

for making all of this possible!

IF YOU INSTALL THIS ROM WITH BOOTSTRAP, DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF NOT WORKING. SAFESTRAP2.11 IS A REQUIREMENT FOR A REASON.

Personal Thanks:

I would personally like to thank the following people in no particular order:

andlaw: for being an awesome dev and making me want to get back in the game

Van: for bringing smiles to my face when I was stressed out, even after all he's been through.

Matt: for his knowledge and insight

Alex, Russ, Gerland, Aaron and DemoManMLS: for being my testers and not being mad about having to wipe data every time lol. Thanks Guys! Would also like to thank all the other developers here. EmericanX and anyone else. If I forgot to add your name, it's not personal. There are just so many great devs and it's hard to remember all your names lol.

If you would like to donate to me, please send me a PM with your email address and how much you would like to donate. It's NOT needed but greatly appreciated. At least click the like button please? By donating, you get the following perks:

1. Download links PM'd to you before they're posted

2. A chance to test any ROMs or Themes that need testing

3. Your name added to every OP as a "contributor."

Contributors:

Gerland

bstrong

john420m1977

Silverlink34

churchmouth

Brailagise

ktraub

bipmip

noahsark3

Myself, Droidrzr.com, DHacker, Hashcode, nor anyone else, is responsible for what YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE! You take on ALL RESPONSIBILITY by flashing this ROM and the gapps package.

So what exactly is KOA ROM?

KOA ROM is a custom ICS ROM built by me from dhackers CM9 source which can be found here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

KOA ROM is a ROM that will stand out. It has features, speed tweaks and battery tweaks that no other ICS ROM has right now for the RAZR.

Some of those features include:

CM9 Calendar on Lockscreen

CM9 Lockscreen Weather

Data on boot

Full Beats Audio - (Flashable Zip)

Chrome Browser

Google Music for default Music Player

*Apollo Music App

*CM Wallpapers

CPU Sleeper App

Apex (free) as default home launcher

Full init.d support

3G speed tweaks

GPS Speed tweaks (better connection, faster lock-on)

Disabled kernel logging for speed.

CM9 Theme Chooser

Requirements before flashing:

Safestrap 2.11:

Be on a leak (.75 .79 .84 .85 .203 .204 .206 .208 .209 .210 .214 .215) Or official ICS Build .211

Have a working nand backup!!!!!

Known Issues:

Cropped resolution for screenshots and tasker, also when rotating screen.

3G on boot doesn't work for everyone (worked for 4 testers and myself)

Some games will have issues, if you find one that does, please post here.

Also check the TIPS AND BUG LIST. Post #3

What works?

Everything - Including Netflix

What doesn't work?

Webtop

HDMI

Bluetooth

Screen rotation bug

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 80% BATTERY BEFORE DOING ANY OF THIS!

Setting up safestrap: (only if you're just now installing safestrap, if you already have it installed jump to the "install instructions" section)

Download KOA ROM

Download gapps package

Place ROM and gapps package on external or internal sdcard

Install the Safestrap apk

Open the apk and install the recovery

Reboot, then press the Menu button on your phone to boot into the recovery

Now in recovery, select "safe boot menu"

Now select "Toggle Safe System"

Now select "Yes-Enable Safe System"

Wait for it to do its thing.

Back out to the main menu of the recovery

Select "mounts and storage"

Select "format /system"

Wait

Select "wipe data/factory reset"

Select "wipe cache partition"

Select "advanced"

Select "wipe dalvik cache"

Install Instructions:

Download ROM and gapps from links provided below.

Place ROM and gapps on your external or internal sdcard (remember where you put them)

Reboot into recovery

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe cache partition

Wipe dalvik cache

Flash ROM

Flash gapps

Reboot

PROFIT!

Upon reboot, wait for about 30-45 seconds, 3G (4G if you're in a 4G area) SHOULD start on boot.

Proceed with device setup.

NOW GET TO FLASHING!!!!

Download KOA ROM_7/22/2012:

http://bdhroms.freeforums.org/koa-rom-cm9-7-22-2012-t33.html

Download GAPPS:

Download Beats Audio (flashable zip):

Click the "Thanks" button over here please! ---------------------------------------------------------------vvvvvvv

Edited by BigDaddyHicks, 14 October 2012 - 07:35 AM.

• Mr_Alexander, quadjacks, ctopher4 and 99 others like this

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Screenshots may not match, icons not included.

Blue Icons -

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by spc_hicks09, 02 August 2012 - 11:10 PM.

• gr8tripstr, Grimm and eric2001 like this

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

//TIPS AND BUG LIST\\

TIPS:
NEW WIFI FIX!!! Thanks to Enthash for finding this out!

Using a root file explorer, navigate to /data/misc/dhcp and delete ALL the contents in there. Should fix the wifi right up!

==================================================================================

To fix wifi connection issues:

System Settings > Wifi (word not the button)

While trying to connect to a network, press and hold on the name of the connection and click on "Modify Network'

Check the box that says "Show advanced options"

For "IP Settings" change from DHCP to Static

Check the IP address there and make sure it is 8 digits and not 7.

Should be xxx.xxx.x.x NOT xx.xxx.x.x

===================================================================================
WIFI TETHER SETTINGS!!!

If you have not been able to get wifi tether to work with the built-in app. Change these settings, and ONLY THESE SETTINGS!

Device Profile - Generic ICS
Setup Method - Auto
Channel - 11
Change LAN - 192.168.2.0/24
WiFi-driver reload - Checked
Routing Fix - Checked

Back out of settings and start wifi tether.
=====================================================================================
If you get the text messages from Verizon (6250 or whatever). This is how you get rid of that. Login to your Verizon Wireless account. Towards the top, mouse over where it says "My Verizon" and look under "My Plans and Services" and click on "Change Features." Select your phone or the phone that is getting the messages. Now when the next page comes up, look for "Cloud Storage and Sync" and remove the Email Sync option. It's free and will not change your billing. There you go, no more texts.
=====================================================================================
If for some reason you have to toggle data. Toggle to "GSM Only" wait for the 3G or 4G symbol to come on, then toggle to "LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)"
For Wifi Tethering to work: Open the app, press the menu button on the phone and go to "Settings." From there, go to "Change Device-Profile" and set it to "Generic ICS."
Bugs:
Most leaks will report the wrong battery level. It's a known issue and is NOT caused by this ROM. It is an issue with the leak.
Please try to avoid powering off AND powering on, while device is plugged in. This causes device instability and may damage your device.
Bluetooth voice for calls, stereo sound, and contact transfer worked when connected to my car's SYNC system (Ford's Microsoft stereo system). Conversation over the phone through the car's speakers and microphone worked as intended.
On disconnect of the Bluetooth device, but while Bluetooth is still on, the speakers will not function. It seems that it doesn't know to transfer control back to the phone's speakers when a device is disconnected. It does, however, figure it out again if you turn off Bluetooth again.
Another thing of note is that MMS didn't appear to pair with my car's SYNC system. It was a feature that didn't work in testing.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 05 August 2012 - 10:53 AM.

• gr8tripstr and Grimm like this

#4 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Dammit hicks. Need to charge before I flash didn't know you dropping a rom. Ha ha you know I'll flash it.

Btw first
  • Grimm likes this

vtc.png

#5 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Niceee. Having weird battery readings on latest aokp so I gotta give this a run. I'm sure ill be impressed. See you on the flip side.

#6 joeygunnarson

joeygunnarson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

YES! this looks awesome will be flashing tonight. great to have more support!!
  • doshjaniels likes this

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

Niceee. Having weird battery readings on latest aokp so I gotta give this a run. I'm sure ill be impressed. See you on the flip side.

You might on this as well. I have been, but then again I'm running the .75 leak on the unsafe side which is a leak known to have that issue.

#8 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

You might on this as well. I have been, but then again I'm running the .75 leak on the unsafe side which is a leak known to have that issue.

Well I'm on 206 and battery was fine on dhackers cm9. Actually it was great. But I will let you know. Thanks for taking the time to make this

#9 b419kid

b419kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hicks: Great rom. At the moment I will being keeping CM9, b/c I am too lazy for a data wipe lolz. Also, question: can it not be installed with bootstrap?
-B419kid

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hicks: Great rom. At the moment I will being keeping CM9, b/c I am too lazy for a data wipe lolz. Also, question: can it not be installed with bootstrap?
-B419kid

I honestly don't know if it can be or not. Which is why I put Safestrap as a requirement. If you or someone else wants to risk your phone by testing then that's fine. Just let me know if it works and make sure you make a nand backup before flashing just in case.

#11 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

What's the worse thing can happen if we use boot strap

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#12 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

What's the worse thing can happen if we use boot strap

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If you install it and it bricks your system there's a good chance of having to reinstall your ICS. That means going through the fastboot and updating it and all that yucky stuff.
Posted Image

Founder and main developer of Team SpeedCore

#13 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for your work hicks, I'll be flashing this in a moment.
Posted Image

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

If you install it and it bricks your system there's a good chance of having to reinstall your ICS. That means going through the fastboot and updating it and all that yucky stuff.

Exactly. So if I were you, just get rid of bootstrap and install safestrap.

#15 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Just flashed this and it's pretty smooth. You might want to add wallpapers (there's only one right now in the selection). Other than that it looks great, thanks again hicks.
Posted Image

#16 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Just flashed this and it's pretty smooth. You might want to add wallpapers (there's only one right now in the selection). Other than that it looks great, thanks again hicks.

You're welcome! Glad you like it so far. The only reason i took out all the wallpapers is because no one ever really uses them anyway and I was trying to save space lol. I can add them back next update though :)
  • 2tealth likes this

#17 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

You're welcome! Glad you like it so far. The only reason i took out all the wallpapers is because no one ever really uses them anyway and I was trying to save space lol. I can add them back next update though :)

That would be great! I just added the aokp wallpapers for now, they're pretty cool too :)
Posted Image

#18 Majormer

Majormer

Call me Big Papa..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:@MajormerWizard
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

So far in testing, Bluetooth is an issue:

Bluetooth voice for calls, stereo sound, and contact transfer worked when I connected to my car's SYNC system (Ford's Microsoft stereo system). I had a lovely conversation over the phone through the car's speakers and microphone as intended.

On disconnect of the Bluetooth device, but while Bluetooth is still on, the speakers will not function. It seems that it doesn't know to transfer control back to the phone's speakers when a device is disconnected. It does, however, figure it out again if you turn off Bluetooth again.

Another thing of note is that MMS didn't appear to pair with my car's SYNC system. While it is a dumb feature anyway having my car read my text messages... it was a feature that didn't work in testing.
  • Silverlink34 likes this

#19 Majormer

Majormer

Call me Big Papa..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:@MajormerWizard
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Tethering worked in testing. I used the WiFi Tether app included in the ROM. However, I had to change the device profile to Generic ICS to get it to work.

I know that there is a setting for Motorola Droid Razr in there! I saw it! But that one doesn't work and will give you an error when configuring the ad-hoc wifi. That is all bad, and leads to no tethering. (Tip from the man SPC-Hicks09 himself... funny how I couldn't find that info after over an hour of Google searching. Well, HERE IT IS!
  • UWRF likes this

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Tethering worked in testing. I used the WiFi Tether app included in the ROM. However, I had to change the device profile to Generic ICS to get it to work.

I know that there is a setting for Motorola Droid Razr in there! I saw it! But that one doesn't work and will give you an error when configuring the ad-hoc wifi. That is all bad, and leads to no tethering. (Tip from the man SPC-Hicks09 himself... funny how I couldn't find that info after over an hour of Google searching. Well, HERE IT IS!

Thanks for posting all this stuff. It's being added to the Tips and Bug List now. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leak, 4.0.4, ics, cm9, koa, rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users