#41 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Juts hold out, I'm still on 79 as well and have seen the others in action. They are NOT that much better. All this chatter about how great 206 is IMO is hogwash it really is not that much better at the end of the day. I have absolutely no issues with running the 79 build. Sure a few things seem smoother and work better but if you've held out this long why not wait for the OTA. It is NOT a given all these folks off path atm will be able to get the OTA anyways. I know many seem to think they will be able to force there way to getting it but that is not a GIVEN and won't be until the OTA gets pushed out. IMHO you are just better off waiting it out and staying on path so you have no issues.

Ahhh... the voice of reason :)
I'm with you 'Syd. I mean, if you were one of the ones who got rooked with .84/.85 then obviously going to .206 is probably the best, but if you're still "on path", why bother. 6.14.79 is tons better than GB IMHO and with the Imminent OTA within 30 days or so and the custom ROMs now available for the leaks, it doesn't seem logical to me. To each his own, though.
  • Aixelsyd likes this

#42 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Having awful battery life on .206 - Can somebody tell me if you get more than 2 hours of display life surfing web/text (no gps or movies)? I only have display on second lowest brightness (almost dim) and also have Display Power Saver on, too. Thanks

#43 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Ahhh... the voice of reason :)
I'm with you 'Syd. I mean, if you were one of the ones who got rooked with .84/.85 then obviously going to .206 is probably the best, but if you're still "on path", why bother. 6.14.79 is tons better than GB IMHO and with the Imminent OTA within 30 days or so and the custom ROMs now available for the leaks, it doesn't seem logical to me. To each his own, though.

Couldn't agree more myself with your comments. The ONLY way I'd even consider using the newer updates is if I had got shafted and took myself off path with 84 or 85. Anyone who has not gone off path at this point IMHO is just nuts to do so as it would be absolutely pointless to do so without knowing for CERTAIN they can get on path and actually be able to take the OTA once it hits the public.

#44 SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:SnoDrtRider
  • Google+:SnoDrtRider
  • LocationSouth Jersey or Tug Hill, NY
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx, Motorola Xoom Wi Fi

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Juts hold out, I'm still on 79 as well and have seen the others in action. They are NOT that much better. All this chatter about how great 206 is IMO is hogwash it really is not that much better at the end of the day. I have absolutely no issues with running the 79 build. Sure a few things seem smoother and work better but if you've held out this long why not wait for the OTA. It is NOT a given all these folks off path atm will be able to get the OTA anyways. I know many seem to think they will be able to force there way to getting it but that is not a GIVEN and won't be until the OTA gets pushed out. IMHO you are just better off waiting it out and staying on path so you have no issues.

Thanks for that!
Posted Image

Yeah I know you are right and that is what I'm trying to do!

#45 brandonb

brandonb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Is there a good chance that .206 is the official ota?

#46 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

Is there a good chance that .206 is is the official ota?

o.O
Posted Image

#47 gr8tripstr

gr8tripstr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:gr8tripstr
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Having awful battery life on .206 - Can somebody tell me if you get more than 2 hours of display life surfing web/text (no gps or movies)? I only have display on second lowest brightness (almost dim) and also have Display Power Saver on, too. Thanks

No problems here, i upgraded from 79, and everything is running smooth! Great battery life too!

Device: Motorola Droid RAZR MaXX - .215 Leak / Arctic .214rv2 ROM

#48 gr8tripstr

gr8tripstr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:gr8tripstr
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

Ya so i finally did the 206 leak, and for those of you on the edge i will tell you this, i really couldn't tell you what the difference is between the two...but i do know this, on 79 i would encounter FC on quite a few of my apps as well as certain apps just not working at all. Now after using 206 for a few days i haven't encountered a single issue whatsoever...this thing is running great and as far as i can tell everything is working properly. So its really not that big a difference, but for overall smoothness like the OTA will be this is as close as we can get so far...The thing that got me to cross over was the fact that moto released this update, so why would they release something like this now and not do it later...I don't know we got some really smart people out there and someone is gonna get us back on the "path". I can't imagine moto trying to screw over all the people they have on 206...IMO

Device: Motorola Droid RAZR MaXX - .215 Leak / Arctic .214rv2 ROM

#49 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

Ya so i finally did the 206 leak, and for those of you on the edge i will tell you this, i really couldn't tell you what the difference is between the two...but i do know this, on 79 i would encounter FC on quite a few of my apps as well as certain apps just not working at all. Now after using 206 for a few days i haven't encountered a single issue whatsoever...this thing is running great and as far as i can tell everything is working properly. So its really not that big a difference, but for overall smoothness like the OTA will be this is as close as we can get so far...The thing that got me to cross over was the fact that moto released this update, so why would they release something like this now and not do it later...I don't know we got some really smart people out there and someone is gonna get us back on the "path". I can't imagine moto trying to screw over all the people they have on 206...IMO

the thing you need to remember is Moto has not released anything yet. With that said Moto puts out new stuff almost daily on servers. some of it is gotten by the gurus for everyone to use and others we never even see and never will.

#50 drewlaqua

drewlaqua

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

How do you flash this in Motorola recovery? I was under the impression that it would only flash zips called 'update.zip'. Has this changed?

#51 scriz

scriz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

How do you flash this in Motorola recovery? I was under the impression that it would only flash zips called 'update.zip'. Has this changed?

Yes that has changed, once you select "flash update on external device" or however it reads from the recovery menu it allows you to select a .zip

#52 drewlaqua

drewlaqua

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yes that has changed, once you select "flash update on external device" or however it reads from the recovery menu it allows you to select a .zip

Thanks for the reply. Has anyone tried using bootstrap to flash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users