Photo

PSA! Important! Please Read! OG Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, D3/D4, Atrix 2 (Spyder, Targa, Solana, Maserati, Edison)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Factoris1

Factoris1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Just as a FYI...I was going to run the freeze option in titanium but discovered that I can't because I have the free version so in order to use option 1 you'd have to pay for the pro version...+6 buck for it or 3.99 for Root Explorer.

I Used "App Quarantine“ To Freeze. It's Free.
I Used "App Quarantine" To Freeze.

#42 samtwatson

samtwatson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Hey Sam,

I have the same version you described. I did a lot of reading on rooting my Razr from different people on the net. The best (my opinion only) and easiest instructions to follow was from Tomsgt123 on YouTube. He has everything from what you need to do to get started all the way to installing custom Roms. Do yourself a favor and at least check his videos out.

Well I did this and of course I F'ed it up...I knew this would happen.  Apparently he doesn't mention in his videos or in the description that you can't use a USB 3.0 while doing these so now it stopped halfway through and I don't have admin rights to my phone anymore.  Currently resetting the phone and I'll see where it takes me...ugh.

#43 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

stay away from usb 3.0 when playing with your phone

#44 samtwatson

samtwatson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

stay away from usb 3.0 when playing with your phone

LOL...noted.  I got it rooted now.  Moving my way towards a good ROM.  Any suggestions on a good stable one?  I'm thread jacking now and I apologize but there are a TON out there :)  Thanks again for everyones help.

Sam

#45 RzrBak

RzrBak

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationVA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:10 PM

LOL...noted.  I got it rooted now.  Moving my way towards a good ROM.  Any suggestions on a good stable one?  I'm thread jacking now and I apologize but there are a TON out there :)  Thanks again for everyones help.

Sam

I currently have Avatar as a second ROM. It's been really stable. I had Black Widow at first but tried Avatar and liked it better. It's really your choice because if you install one and you don't like it, you can dump it and move to the next.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users