• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Its because some systems don't like the naming setup. Rename the folder and batch, I will re-upload a renamed batch later.

As for a step by step 206 to 208....fastboot flash the 6.12.181 files from the 1.6 utility (as many as possible, lots will fail), flash the boot208.img from this unstuck, then go to recovery and install the zip for 6.16.208.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Matt, worked like a charm! Is there a reason why the zip in recovery seems to fail but the system updates anyway? I'm sure there is but I guess what I'm wondering is does it matter.

#22 chuck24

chuck24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Its because some systems don't like the naming setup. Rename the folder and batch, I will re-upload a renamed batch later.

As for a step by step 206 to 208....fastboot flash the 6.12.181 files from the 1.6 utility (as many as possible, lots will fail), flash the boot208.img from this unstuck, then go to recovery and install the zip for 6.16.208.

I think the inner noob has came out of me but when you say go to recovery and flash the zip do you mean the stock or clockwork recovery?

#23 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

At that point you'll only be able to get into stock, so that's not really a question :P

Stock all the way!

#24 chethammer

chethammer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Why can't the 208 boot.img in the unstick tool just be flashed straight over a working 206?

#25 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

It can, but the update zip is meant to patch .181's system files so trying to do those exact same changes to an ICS ROM would... make a big mess.

#26 chethammer

chethammer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

No one answered the #12 post. Are there any improvements that make this worthwhile doing?

#27 chuck24

chuck24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

At that point you'll only be able to get into stock, so that's not really a question

Stock all the way!

Kinda figured that. Just wanted to make sure...

#28 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Works like charm as always guys. went from .84 to .206 and now on .208 ty for all hard work!

#29 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Changed the name and the batch name as well. The OP has been edited.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#30 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

No one answered the #12 post. Are there any improvements that make this worthwhile doing?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#31 dellenrules

dellenrules

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Using this method, would it be possible to substitute the 181 fastboot files with the VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02 fastboot files.
and the 206/208 boot image with the boot image of the incremental update that follows and flashing that OTA.

If we could do that, then it would be possible to to get back to a gingerbread image prior to 181 putting us back on the official path.

#32 chuck24

chuck24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

if for some reason 208 is giving me problems could i use this method to roll back to. 206?

#33 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:48 AM

Using this method, would it be possible to substitute the 181 fastboot files with the VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02 fastboot files.
and the 206/208 boot image with the boot image of the incremental update that follows and flashing that OTA.

If we could do that, then it would be possible to to get back to a gingerbread image prior to 181 putting us back on the official path.

Unfortunately the way the system is, we can never go back to GB. Not that i want to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#34 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

if for some reason 208 is giving me problems could i use this method to roll back to. 206?

Yes, you should be able to with no problems......in theory. Unless someone had tried it and can confirm if it fails or succeeds.

#35 chuck24

chuck24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

Yes, you should be able to with no problems......in theory. Unless someone had tried it and can confirm if it fails or succeeds.

Im going to try it as soon as i get off of work today. :)

#36 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

Not sure if anyone else had this issue
But i was unable to use the new unstuck utility to do this.....it wouldn't load up. So i put the 208 boot file in the older utility and renamed the script in the bat file to load 208 not 206 and success! Not sure what the issue was but after unzipping the utility when i clicked on the bat file the command window would come up and immediately close....couldn't do anything with it.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#37 ogrekane313

ogrekane313

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

what would you change the name to? also when you say flash the .85img to regain root do you mean the .85 in the unstuck utility? and whats the root method used or would it be the same method used in the 1.6 utility? thanks just don't wannt screw it up

#38 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

what would you change the name to? also when you say flash the .85img to regain root do you mean the .85 in the unstuck utility? and whats the root method used or would it be the same method used in the 1.6 utility? thanks just don't wannt screw it up

Open the .bat file in the utility in a text editor and change where it says the command files/moto-fastboot 206 ect. Simply change the number from 206 to 208 ( dont do anything else!) And save file....put the 208 file from the new utility into the files folder of the older utility. Run the older utility like normal. It will still say 206 in the menu but but when u select it it will come up flashing the 208. And yes use the 85 boot image from the utility, boot into bp tools and root...then reflash the 208 image in the utility. Profit

#39 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Not sure if anyone else had this issue
But i was unable to use the new unstuck utility to do this.....it wouldn't load up. So i put the 208 boot file in the older utility and renamed the script in the bat file to load 208 not 206 and success! Not sure what the issue was but after unzipping the utility when i clicked on the bat file the command window would come up and immediately close....couldn't do anything with it.

I had same thing happen. I fixed it by moving the unstuck.bat and files folder into my sdk/platform tools folder and it started working.

#40 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

Changed the name and the batch name as well. The OP has been edited.

Wait so now we don't need to do any name changing? It'll all just work now? Cause reading this thread has made me more confused than I was to begin with.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users