667 replies to this topic

#341 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

I've been running 4.2-based CM10.1 ROM  (Skrilax) for quite a bit and have even tried some 4.3-based ROMs with limited success.  While the Skrilax 10.1 has been a nice ROM and my daily driver, I thought I'd give this ROM at try.  I must say I really hesitated at the thought of flashing back to a 4.1.2 ROM, but after flashing this ROM -- I am IMPRESSED.  Very nice indeed.  Nice functionality, add-ons, and very smooth performance.  And best of all rock solid stability.  If not the BEST 4.1.2 ROM out there certainly near the TOP.  Good work!!

Some things I miss and would love to see in this ROM, if possible ...

1. Ability to change the Lock Screen wallpaper

2. Ability to edit Lock Screen seats / programs so you can use a different SMS/MMS App, Dialer App, Camera App, etc.

3. Add a optional WEATHER widget to the Lock Screen. 

4. Ability to edit the Notifications Toggle Widget (add/remove toggles) 

5. Ability to set a QUIET PERIOD where Notification sounds and LED are disabled between the hours specified. (Phone calls still ring through)

If 1,2, and 5 could be added, this ROM would ROCK even more and I'd have no reason for using a 4.2 ROM.  If 1-5 could be added, well, it would put this baby in a whole other strata!!  

Thanks!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#342 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:42 AM

5. Ability to set a QUIET PERIOD where Notification sounds and LED are disabled between the hours specified. (Phone calls still ring through)

I know one of the biggest reasons we get ROMs like this is for the NO BLOAT aspect. But when it comes to a DND feature like this, Moto Smartactions performs this task flawlessly. Better then any program I've seen. Worth the download for just that one Smart Action.

• ripper2860 likes this
Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#343 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I use aqua mail I don't use it but I believe you can do it with aqua mail. Plus it is much better than stock.

#344 eye__dea

eye__dea

Developer

• Developer
  • 814 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

I've been running 4.2-based CM10.1 ROM  (Skrilax) for quite a bit and have even tried some 4.3-based ROMs with limited success.  While the Skrilax 10.1 has been a nice ROM and my daily driver, I thought I'd give this ROM at try.  I must say I really hesitated at the thought of flashing back to a 4.1.2 ROM, but after flashing this ROM -- I am IMPRESSED.  Very nice indeed.  Nice functionality, add-ons, and very smooth performance.  And best of all rock solid stability.  If not the BEST 4.1.2 ROM out there certainly near the TOP.  Good work!!

Some things I miss and would love to see in this ROM, if possible ...

1. Ability to change the Lock Screen wallpaper

2. Ability to edit Lock Screen seats / programs so you can use a different SMS/MMS App, Dialer App, Camera App, etc.

3. Add a optional WEATHER widget to the Lock Screen. 

4. Ability to edit the Notifications Toggle Widget (add/remove toggles) 

If 1,2, and 5 could be added, this ROM would ROCK even more and I'd have no reason for using a 4.2 ROM.  If 1-5 could be added, well, it would put this baby in a whole other strata!!  

Thanks!!

I would love all these features too.  However, it is basically impossible to do with stock based (not open sourced) ROMs.  Basically need to use apps to achieve these things.

• ripper2860 likes this

#345 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

I thought so, but not being a DEV, I was just guessing.  An intelligent guess, but a guess none-the-less.  Now I know for a fact.  

Thanks and Great work!!!

• eye__dea likes this

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#346 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I know one of the biggest reasons we get ROMs like this is for the NO BLOAT aspect. But when it comes to a DND feature like this, Moto Smartactions performs this task flawlessly. Better then any program I've seen. Worth the download for just that one Smart Action.

Thanks.  Never been a fan of SmartActions -- no ability to use a NOT function or undo certain settings (ex:  You can turn on GPS if certain criteria is met, but can't turn it off if certain criteria is met (Docked vs Undocked)).  I use AutomateIT to silence my phone notifications and do other automated functions based on rules.  More flexible than SmartActions and easier to use than Tasker.  It would be nice to have it part of the ROM, though, but certainly not a deal breaker. 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#347 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I just like that ONE particular Smart Action re: Off at Night. Set t to be quiet and only allow certain people to make it ring. ALl I really need.

Can you do that with AutomateIT?

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#348 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

Have read through most of this thread during a work meeting today.  :)

running a locked bootloader and flashed JB 9.20.1.  Using SS 3.12 to load this ROM.  The little bit I've seen looks pretty nice and from what I'm reading, I'm excited to give this a try.

I am getting the "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" message and the stock browser errors and closes pretty quickly.  Wondering if there's something I can do to fix this issue.

Looks like gapps is included in this, so I'm assuming it's not a version issue.

Anyone else have this?

#349 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Have read through most of this thread during a work meeting today. :)

running a locked bootloader and flashed JB 9.20.1. Using SS 3.12 to load this ROM. The little bit I've seen looks pretty nice and from what I'm reading, I'm excited to give this a try.

I am getting the "unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" message and the stock browser errors and closes pretty quickly. Wondering if there's something I can do to fix this issue.

Looks like gapps is included in this, so I'm assuming it's not a version issue.

Anyone else have this?

Just wondering, did you wipe data, wiped cache and dalkvin cache from safe strap before you installed the Rom?

#350 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

You might try fixing permissions then download a gaaps package 8/11 or older and then flash it over the room. Permissions should fix it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#351 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just wondering, did you wipe data, wiped cache and dalkvin cache from safe strap before you installed the Rom?

Yeah, sure did, followed the OP I believe pretty well even wiping the system before the ROM was installed. *shrugs* 

You might try fixing permissions then download a gaaps package 8/11 or older and then flash it over the room. Permissions should fix it.

I believe I can do that under Root Explorer, trying to remember the process.  Last Droid I owned was the X2.  :)  I thought you selected certain files then could set permissions off of that.  What files would I be looking for?

Ended up starting over and flashing the older GAPPS after the ROM just to see...  Now it looks like all the gapps stuff is crabby, however I can browse.  Playstore, Gmail will give the message "unfortunately, Gmail has stopped" 

I'll look for permissions fixes etc.

#352 grnsl2

grnsl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

^^^ Look at this post instead  ^^^

Duplicate Post

#353 pattonsj

pattonsj

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR maxx

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, sure did, followed the OP I believe pretty well even wiping the system before the ROM was installed. *shrugs*

I believe I can do that under Root Explorer, trying to remember the process. Last Droid I owned was the X2. :) I thought you selected certain files then could set permissions off of that. What files would I be looking for?

Ended up starting over and flashing the older GAPPS after the ROM just to see... Now it looks like all the gapps stuff is crabby, however I can browse. Playstore, Gmail will give the message "unfortunately, Gmail has stopped"

I'll look for permissions fixes etc.

Go to the advanced tab in safe strap. You will see it there.

• grnsl2 likes this

#354 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

I just like that ONE particular Smart Action re: Off at Night. Set t to be quiet and only allow certain people to make it ring. ALl I really need.

Can you do that with AutomateIT?

I'll have to check the only allow certain people through part, but everything else -- yes.  I'm an IT director and I have all sorts of after hours engineers and monitoring services that could call form any number, so I don't use any sort of restrictions on who can call me at night.  I only care about not hearing a bing or buzz every time an e-mail or text came in at night.  

If you want to give it a whirl, try out the free version.  Pretty slick.  I paid for the Pro version because I needed composite rules.  Even the non-pro is pretty powerful.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#355 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

BTW -- Included Ac!d Audio Mod ROCKS!!

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

#356 7eregrine

7eregrine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

I don't suppose it's possible to remove the time from the Notification bar?

One thing I have always wanted to do (and cannot believe on such a customizable OS that this was not baked in by Google).

I know some folks have done it on other phones. 

Is this at all possible?

Get-off-my-lawn.jpg

#357 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Is anyone having problems unlocking with pattern on landscape mode?

#358 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

One thing I have always wanted to do (and cannot believe on such a customizable OS that this was not baked in by Google).

Is this at all possible?

That just time and battery consuming, what if you're using an app and you need to quickly look at the clock then you have to press the home key just to look at the widget

#359 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Is this at all possible?

You need to check out

. There are modules to do just about anything you would like including removing the clock. Works on any rom and phone

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#360 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Is this at all possible?

You can do it with Nova Launcher.  You can remove from notification bar when on all screens or when just the DEFAULT/HOME screen.  I have mine set to display on all screens EXCEPT my home screen where I already have a clock widget displaying.

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users