#21 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

since I dont have an HD I will stay out of the discussion...as for transferring files if the usb isnt working properly I use AirDroid and there are others like it....

#22 BIrONIC

BIrONIC

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:43 AM

Actually I am familiar with the HD .... forgot about it only showing 2 modes..... anyway in mtp mode, is it showing up in windows as a drive, or a device? Makes a huge difference on how it is opened and the right-click menu....... "... try not... do! or do not! .... there is no try ... "

Ya. I tried both and the context menu is exactly the same no matter which mode it's in. The only thing that changes is the icon that's used to display the device in Windows Explorer. It's not showing up as a drive letter at alll in either, because that feature is gone now with the advent of the HDs (or at least that's what I read elsewhere).

Actually are you unlocked? Twrp has an erase internal storage option. From My S4 Dev Edition

Not unlocked.

Also..... you said in OP, the external SDcard is not in the mix, does that mean it is removed from the phone? ..... if so, the format option in the phone menu(s) would be referring to the internal storage as it would be the only one available at that point .....

"... try not... do! or do not! .... there is no try ... "

The removable SD Card is indeed plugged in. What I meant was that it is not being used for anything that is involved with the problem that I am having. Currently, I am not storing any data whatsoever on the removable SD Card, even though it is plugged in and functional. Clearly though, the option to erase the SD Card that I see in 'Storage' is indeed for the removable SD Card, and NOT that internal storage. Example: When I remove the removable SD Card, that option goes away.

since I dont have an HD I will stay out of the discussion...as for transferring files if the usb isnt working properly I use AirDroid and there are others like it....

So, in that case, it would simply be using the Wifi connection, right?
If so, then there's no difference between that, and the other Wifi options that I've already tried. Like I said, Wifi is nice to have (like when I'm sitting on the couch downstairs or whatever), but if I need to transfer gigabytes of data, I'd really rather not have to wait days for it to get done.

#23 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just a thought......Have you tried accessing the "hidden" menu (not really hidden but it is known as hidden menu, not sure why)..... while in storage menu (system settings /storage )..... upper right corner is menu button(3 vertically arranged dots) then hit USB connections... there, you should be able to access mass storage mode..... its worth a shot....:) "... try not... do! or do not! .... there is no try ... "

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#24 BIrONIC

BIrONIC

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

Just a thought......Have you tried accessing the "hidden" menu (not really hidden but it is known as hidden menu, not sure why)..... while in storage menu (system settings /storage )..... upper right corner is menu button(3 vertically arranged dots) then hit USB connections... there, you should be able to access mass storage mode..... its worth a shot.... :)

For some strange reason, there are only two modes, MTP and PTP on the HDs, and as such, we can't see them in Windows Explorer like we're used to in generations past (like on my former phone, the Bionic).

Sorry man, but it's just not there.
It doesn't exist.
It doesn't matter which menu (hidden or otherwise) you go in through (unless it's magical, of course).
That feature was not included with the HDs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users