Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

How is data on this rom? Im in a lousy signal area and need data to work 100% or Im kinda screwed. A lot of the 4.2 .2. worked but data was week. Thanks

#82 jeff0r3

jeff0r3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Guys, I'm just saying.  I've installed every rom out there.  I swear you will not be disappointed at all with this ROM.  Maybe I have just been fortunate but it is solid in every way possible.  Battery life is Great, no signal/Bluetooth/WiFi issues.  It is snappy and has almost every feature I can think of.  The only thing I am missing is the clock on the standard 4.1.2....  That isn't even a complaint because it isn't on any roms that I can find..  I'm not sure if I've just been lucky or if others that have had problems have been unlucky.  To answer the previous question though.  A solid 10/10...

• timpohladthomas and somber73 like this

#83 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

^^^^  what he said.  Even the volume on this one for some reason on mine, is off the charts.

Proud father of a US Marine

#84 phillyfisher

phillyfisher

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:@215mf

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hi there - liking this rom so far.  First 4.3 rom that i have considered keeping (rather than going back to 4.2.2)...  i am noticing a slow tug of battery drain and the phone running warmer than normal.  Anyone experiencing that and have a solution?  "android system" appears to be the culprit under the battery consumption menu...  Thoughts welcome...  :)

#85 pegs520

pegs520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter:pegs520
  • Locationutica
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hi there - liking this rom so far. First 4.3 rom that i have considered keeping (rather than going back to 4.2.2)... i am noticing a slow tug of battery drain and the phone running warmer than normal. Anyone experiencing that and have a solution? "android system" appears to be the culprit under the battery consumption menu... Thoughts welcome... :)

Do you have Google now enabled?

#86 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Chrome browser will slow you down to

#87 phillyfisher

phillyfisher

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Do you have Google now enabled?

I do...  just i have had on other roms.

#88 pegs520

pegs520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Twitter:pegs520
  • Locationutica
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr maxx hd

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

I do... just i have had on other roms.

I see. Last I tried a 4.3 ROM it got really hot a lot. It was beanstalk 4.3.

I'm not sure if it had anything to do with Google now, but that's one of the things I know was running most of the time - including Facebook, maps, seeder.

Of course, it could be non-app related, too. Something with signal searching or GPS or WiFi could be the cause.

I didn't bother to find out, I'm actually on 4.2.2 carbon right now. Battery's phenomenal too.

#89 phillyfisher

phillyfisher

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

Could be the 3g connectivity issue too. I see that dhacker has a fix and will put it in the cm nightly tonight.

#90 SargeStryker

SargeStryker

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD, Google Nexus 7 (2012)

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I have two minor/irritating issues on the 9/10 update, both of which may be easily resolved, though I'm not sure how to go about it after looking through the settings.

1) When using the power button to lock the phone, the click is barely audible; I have to hold the phone very close to my head to hear it.

2) Several apps (Falcon Pro, G+, and probably a few more) like to freeze and crash or just freeze for a minute and come back to life.

Maybe I'm just too new to the custom ROM world, I am, and don't know how to do some of the wiping that's referred to (more specifically what wipe needs to be done) or if there is a legitimate issue in the ROM.

Thanks in advance.

#91 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):razor maxx

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

I have two minor/irritating issues on the 9/10 update, both of which may be easily resolved, though I'm not sure how to go about it after looking through the settings.

1) When using the power button to lock the phone, the click is barely audible; I have to hold the phone very close to my head to hear it.

2) Several apps (Falcon Pro, G+, and probably a few more) like to freeze and crash or just freeze for a minute and come back to life.

Maybe I'm just too new to the custom ROM world, I am, and don't know how to do some of the wiping that's referred to (more specifically what wipe needs to be done) or if there is a legitimate issue in the ROM.

Thanks in advance.

Ditto on problem number two. But on problem number one I don't feel because I turn those sounds off.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

#92 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Having no issues with the latest build - I did notice that volume in general is off the charts high.  Not sure how this was done - but I can say that about every line of code ever written........  But sure is nice being able to hear stuff!

#93 chris420o

chris420o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

roms amazing...only bug i have is if i load googlenow from nav ring i get a reboot...but if i open with widget np...odd other then this bug and a few random hangs this roms beein pretty perfect

OG Droid, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Galaxy Nexus...Evolved into a Droid Razr HD

I don't even smoke

#94 drewrivera

drewrivera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Device(s):razor maxx

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

roms amazing...only bug i have is if i load googlenow from nav ring i get a reboot...but if i open with widget np...odd other then this bug and a few random hangs this roms beein pretty perfect

Having no issues with the latest build - I did notice that volume in general is off the charts high. Not sure how this was done - but I can say that about every line of code ever written........ But sure is nice being able to hear stuff!
What build you guys on. I'm currently on the September 10 version

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

#95 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

What build you guys on. I'm currently on the September 10 version Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

I'm 9/16

#96 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

OP updated 9/17

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#97 jeff0r3

jeff0r3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

If I'm on 9/5 do i need to do fact reset or can i just wipe cache n davlik?  Thanks!

#98 geekabilly

geekabilly

Razr Geezr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Twitter:winhayes
  • Google+:Winthrop Hayes
  • LocationNew England
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2nd Gen. PE

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

If I'm on 9/5 do i need to do fact reset or can i just wipe cache n davlik? Thanks!

Just wipe the caches and get 'a flashing on, jeff

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• jeff0r3 likes this

#99 Crittafur

Crittafur

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:@Crittafur
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

which gapps do I install the 4.3 by droidth3ory?  or the full?

Edit:  Ok so I installed Carbon, got it booted.  setup wifi went through the setup.  Everything going smooth.  The phone froze..  So I waited a minute or two and nothing.  So I held the power button.  Rebooted.  Waited for the Carbon logo and nothing..  Stays at the Warning Bootloader Unlocked screen.  Went to recovery, performed a factory reset, reinstalled carbon, then installed the PA gapps - Full.  Stuck at Warning Bootloader Unlocked.  Rebooted to Recovery wiped, factory reset..  Restored my Xenon Rom previously backed up..  Again stuck and Warning Bootloader Unlocked screen..  Anyone have any suggestions?

While typing this it finally booted..  Maybe I was impatient..  Maybe I type slow...  Oh well...  back working..  will try again when I don't need my phone so bad..  Looked good on the 10 mins I was using it..

So I basically am having the same exact problem, froze right after setup so I rebooted and now I get stuck at the Warning Bootloader Unlocked screen.  I can boot into recovery fine, so I restored my Nexesque backup and I'm still having the same issue.  I'm trying to be patient, but it's been a good 15 minutes now...  Any suggestions?

Edit: After turning off the phone, then plugging it in to the wall (put it into charge mode) it now boots to my restored nexesque.  So now it's time for my second attempt :)

#100 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

I last tried carbon when it was pretty young - is the charging LED still always on? I rely on the notification light at night when I'm charging, so this was a deal breaker for me. (I know, it's silly but that was pretty much it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users