#1 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Is there any roms that the webtop works, or is it just in stock roms?

#2 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Just stock, in custom roms for ics leaks webtop doesn't work.
Posted Image

Founder and main developer of Team SpeedCore

#3 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thank You

#4 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

If you are still on Gingerbread eclipse has webtop baked in... of course its not the 3.0 version of webtop, but it is webtop nonetheless :D

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#5 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

No i'm on a iCS leak, I bought a lapdock a while back and I was just trying to use it again. I cant tell what version of the leak I'm on though. Do you no a way to tell to tell what version you are on? Because It does not say in the setting. Its been about two weeks since I went through the process,and I cant remember. I was going to try to get back to a stock ICS leak.

#6 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

No i'm on a iCS leak, I bought a lapdock a while back and I was just trying to use it again. I cant tell what version of the leak I'm on though. Do you no a way to tell to tell what version you are on? Because It does not say in the setting. Its been about two weeks since I went through the process,and I cant remember. I was going to try to get back to a stock ICS leak.

In settings what kernel version does it say you have? You can compare them here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#7 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

In settings what kernel version does it say you have? You can compare them here:

OK I will try that. Thanks

#8 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

OK if I'm reading it right, I'm on .75. The OP says that .75 is fastbootable back yo GB. I'm not looking to go back to GB, just a ICS leak. I'm just trying to double checking, I trying not to add to my former cell phone now paper weight collection. [attachment=2265:uploadfromtaptalk1339474318648.jpg]

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#9 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Oh yeah, I like you Rom

#10 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

OK if I'm reading it right, I'm on .75. The OP says that .75 is fastbootable back yo GB. I'm not looking to go back to GB, just a ICS leak. I'm just trying to double checking, I trying not to add to my former cell phone now paper weight collection. [attachment=2265:uploadfromtaptalk1339474318648.jpg]

#11 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

.75 and .79 are fastbootable to GB, correct.
Posted Image

#12 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

.75 and .79 are fastbootable to GB, correct.

Well I made it back to GB and then back to ICS. I every thing went fine, until I tried to regain root. I installed the voodoo OTA root keeper and restored the SU file, But when I try to run the terminal emulator it tells me I only have read only file system. S thats what I am trying to conquer now.

#13 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well I made it back to GB and then back to ICS. I every thing went fine, until I tried to regain root. I installed the voodoo OTA root keeper and restored the SU file, But when I try to run the terminal emulator it tells me I only have read only file system. S thats what I am trying to conquer now.

If you are on .75 there's no choice but to go ahead and try again after fastboot. If you are on .79 you can use ICS root from matt's utility.
Posted Image

#14 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

If you are on .75 there's no choice but to go ahead and try again after fastboot. If you are on .79 you can use ICS root from matt's utility.

Well its .75 that I am trying, But I can go back to GB. Then can I try .79.

#15 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Well its .75 that I am trying, But I can go back to GB. Then can I try .79.

Yea go ahead and go with .79, its directly rootable
Posted Image

#16 Atomic39

Atomic39

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFlorence Sc

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yea go ahead and go with .79, its directly rootable

Thanks for all of your help, I finally got it straight. I hope

#17 noahsark3

noahsark3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

On topic, does anyone know the status of web top on the custom roms? I plugged my KOA AOSP 6/13 into the lap dock and everything worked in the ways of mouse and keyboard, the only thing that didn't was the HDMI. If that gets fixed, are we good to go?

#18 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

On topic, does anyone know the status of web top on the custom roms? I plugged my KOA AOSP 6/13 into the lap dock and everything worked in the ways of mouse and keyboard, the only thing that didn't was the HDMI. If that gets fixed, are we good to go?

It will probably only be fixed in the final ota, since it will be really hard rewriting it for each leak version.
Posted Image

#19 willjohnson

willjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSavannah, Georgia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

So now that the official OTA is out and we know that it is the .211 leak, does this mean that the webtop and HDMI issues can be fixed? I just remember with my Droid X no one ever figured out how to get HDMI out working on an AOSP ROM, only Stock Moto and Verizon builds. Dont get me wrong there are some nice stock based ROMS, just cant compare with AOSP for customization and speed. Was just hoping that this phone might be different.

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

So now that the official OTA is out and we know that it is the .211 leak, does this mean that the webtop and HDMI issues can be fixed? I just remember with my Droid X no one ever figured out how to get HDMI out working on an AOSP ROM, only Stock Moto and Verizon builds. Dont get me wrong there are some nice stock based ROMS, just cant compare with AOSP for customization and speed. Was just hoping that this phone might be different.

We need ICS source first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: webtop, roms

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users