#541 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Sorry, one other question. The Gapps baked into v2.6, does that still have the old non-updated version of Google Maps that has seperated icons for "Navigation" and "Maps". I'm still on that version of maps as I refuse to take the app update that killed a lot of functionality of the Navigation part. Hate that they don't have layers anymore for restaurants, gas etc. Just looked and I'm still on version 6.14.3

Thanks again.

no its dark horse themed 7.5 all that stuff is still in there... Just a pain in the a$$ to find from within the app

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#542 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

Having problems Installing 2.6. Keep getting error in TWRP. Had no problems when installed 2.5 or any other roms

#543 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

Having problems Installing 2.6. Keep getting error in TWRP. Had no problems when installed 2.5 or any other roms

Need a little more info bud. In order for anyone to even begin to help you, we need DETAILS OF THE PROBLEM! These half-a$$ed "it won't work" posts are just a waste of forum space. Are you wiping the big 3 and mounting System before flashing?

• johnthehillbilly likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#544 PRION

PRION

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

Hi! First of all I want to thank The Devs who put work on this ROM. You got me inspired to buy a new, tweakable Razr HD instead of getting a Moto X, saving me some money. *wink*

Being such an android noob, I always wanted a custom ROM for the Razr HD that is bootloader locked/SS-compatible, debloated, has adequate speed, while still retaining the Moto skin (I love the stock Moto skin, and hate stock android), and the previous versions of RageHD fit the bill!

The previous RageHD versions have minimal-to-none theming, yes? (I see the v2.1 one on XDA and it's perfect, though i think it isn't safestrap compatible). Does this version (2.6) have the option to choose the stock Moto look or is it themed just as the previews on the original post? Which (SS-compatible) version should I download if I want the un-themed version?

Looking forward to your response and thank you in advance! :)

#545 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hi! First of all I want to thank The Devs who put work on this ROM. You got me inspired to buy a new, tweakable Razr HD instead of getting a Moto X, saving me some money. *wink*

Being such an android noob, I always wanted a custom ROM for the Razr HD that is bootloader locked/SS-compatible, debloated, has adequate speed, while still retaining the Moto skin (I love the stock Moto skin, and hate stock android), and the previous versions of RageHD fit the bill!

The previous RageHD versions have minimal-to-none theming, yes? (I see the v2.1 one on XDA and it's perfect, though i think it isn't safestrap compatible). Does this version (2.6) have the option to choose the stock Moto look or is it themed just as the previews on the original post? Which (SS-compatible) version should I download if I want the un-themed version?

Looking forward to your response and thank you in advance! :)

• bytethegroove and PRION like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#546 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Need a little more info bud. In order for anyone to even begin to help you, we need DETAILS OF THE PROBLEM! These half-a$$ed "it won't work" posts are just a waste of forum space. Are you wiping the big 3 and mounting System before flashing?Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

Yes sir sure did. I mounted,then did the big 3 just like I did with v2.5 and when it starts to load it will say mounting and go a little farther and then I get error failed.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

#547 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yes sir sure did. I mounted,then did the big 3 just like I did with v2.5 and when it starts to load it will say mounting and go a little farther and then I get error failed.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

most likely a bad download then

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#548 PRION

PRION

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Whoa. Thank you for the fast reply. Where can I find it (download link)? The only one available on RageRoms is the one for v2.6. Big thanks for the help!

#549 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

I have it on my server if u cant find it.....its aroma based with no wipe options wink wink

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#550 narrowminded

narrowminded

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

I tried out this ROM with Safestrap and decided I didn't want to use it. But now, even though I've deleted the ROM and am using the stock ROM slot, RageHD's Motorola Boot Logo is still there. Is there any way I can change it back to the stock Motorola "M" logo when it first boots up?

#551 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Cancel my reply...u want a as version...that I don't have...sorry. ....bad should have it on his Dev server

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#552 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hey all! I've put together a "Theme Remover" That will revert the latest versions of Rage HD to Stock Motoblur UI. Please see the DOWNLOADS section of the OP here...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• PRION and uscpte7 like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#553 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

most likely a bad download then

Downoladed it again . Still got error on this one . Like I said before have no problems with other roms . Even went back to stock rom and wiped the crap out of it and error again..

#554 jstandfest

jstandfest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Downoladed it again . Still got error on this one . Like I said before have no problems with other roms . Even went back to stock rom and wiped the crap out of it and error again..

I had problems with getting an error in TWRP too and a failed install on multiple attempts.  I finally got it to install when I did a mount of system, then a factory reset (wipe of data, cache, davlik etc.) and then I skipped the "system wipe" step and just installed the zip file and it went through.  I did do the first step of mounting system but skipped the wiping of it.  Don't know if it'll work for you but worth a shot.

#555 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

I had problems with getting an error in TWRP too and a failed install on multiple attempts. I finally got it to install when I did a mount of system, then a factory reset (wipe of data, cache, davlik etc.) and then I skipped the "system wipe" step and just installed the zip file and it went through. I did do the first step of mounting system but skipped the wiping of it. Don't know if it'll work for you but worth a shot.

you are absolutely right. You MUST mount system. It is clearly stated in the OP to do so

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#556 jstandfest

jstandfest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

you are absolutely right. You MUST mount system. It is clearly stated in the OP to do so

I had done a system mount on all my attempts, but it does say after mounting system and then doing the data & cache wipes to then wipe the system after those steps but before install the zip file.  I had problems with install in TWRP until I skipped the wipe system step and then it finally installed for me.

#557 2late4me

2late4me

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

tried what u said to do and no go.. Im done with rage went back to Avatar but thxs for help

#558 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

I had problems with getting an error in TWRP too and a failed install on multiple attempts. I finally got it to install when I did a mount of system, then a factory reset (wipe of data, cache, davlik etc.) and then I skipped the "system wipe" step and just installed the zip file and it went through. I did do the first step of mounting system but skipped the wiping of it. Don't know if it'll work for you but worth a shot.

It failed because when you mount system and then go do all of your wipes including system wipe you have to go back and mount system again and it will install.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mwcyo7.png

#559 slwest78

slwest78

TEAM RAGE!!

• Superuser
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAlabama-ROLL TIDE!
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx-Asus Transformer TF700

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:42 AM

tried what u said to do and no go.. Im done with rage went back to Avatar but thxs for help

It failed because when you mount system and then go do all of your wipes including system wipe you have to go back and mount system again and it will install.

mwcyo7.png

#560 jstandfest

jstandfest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

So you actually do a "mount system" step twice.  Once before wiping data and system and once after that step?  Thanks for the info, would've saved me a lot of time and trouble.  The OP just says to mount the system once in the install instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users