#522 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEtowah, Tennessee
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Asus TF 700

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

After getting 2.5 up and running, I noticed that an old battery mod was still showing in the status bar.  I went back into recovery, wiped, and reinstalled the RAGE 2.5, and still have that mod, without restoring anything from backups.  Any idea how I can get rid of it?

Attached Files

#523 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

After getting 2.5 up and running, I noticed that an old battery mod was still showing in the status bar. I went back into recovery, wiped, and reinstalled the RAGE 2.5, and still have that mod, without restoring anything from backups. Any idea how I can get rid of it?

the one on the left? That's not a battery mod...its widgetsoid...turn it off in its settings

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

• Memnoch73 and slwest78 like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#524 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

I changed mine to the date because of how it's offset to the right whether you have it on or off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#525 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well, I'll be darn.   Thanks so much.  

#526 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

**UPDATE** v2.6 is live!

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#527 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

So I was running 2.5 on my phone and maps did not work. Says Google needed location access. Updated to 2.6 and same thing is happening. All boxes are checked but maps will not allow for navigation. Any ideas what could be wrong or does app needs to be fixed within the ROM?

#528 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

So I was running 2.5 on my phone and maps did not work. Says Google needed location access. Updated to 2.6 and same thing is happening. All boxes are checked but maps will not allow for navigation. Any ideas what could be wrong or does app needs to be fixed within the ROM?

Swipe open the tap on bottom left of screen, settings, Google location settings,   click them on.

#529 lovedgor

lovedgor

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Swipe open the tap on bottom left of screen, settings, Google location settings,   click them on.

I had mine turned on in system/location access, but those weren't ticked in maps app and mine wouldn't navigate.

#530 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Thank you.. I found set tings inside the app and made sure it was checked.. seems to be working now

#531 mitchell1026

mitchell1026

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Any way we could get an AOSP theme with this ROM? No offense but it's pretty ugly in my opinion. 

I love the features you've put into this rom but the UI is not at all an upgrade from Google's design. 

#532 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

Any way we could get an AOSP theme with this ROM? No offense but it's pretty ugly in my opinion.

I love the features you've put into this rom but the UI is not at all an upgrade from Google's design.

Build and theme a ROM your self dude. Jeez
  • bdazzg1 and slwest78 like this

#533 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

Actually Google doesn't really have any since of design. Hell stock UI is not even a AOSP design. Each ROM that is built and posted up is made by its own design and hard work from the Developer for free. Taking time out of there life just to make a difference. Sharing his or her work for others to enjoy is just half the benefit of being able to change what you are currently running. If there is a special design that you want and someone else hasn't created it learn on how to make those changes and do it yourself. That is the one thing that I like about Android is that you can change just about anything on it and be happy with the out come.

• bdazzg1, slwest78 and pistacio like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#534 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

Calling it ugly is going too far...a lot of blood sweat and tears went into this build....however...I'm still on 2.4 cause I hate blue and too much of the framework was changed that neither my theme or any any other theme for that matter that I tried .. doesn't work with rage....in my opinion...it be better to separate the rage theme from the ROM making it an installable user option . I believe your user base would increase....but that's just me Peace Byte Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#535 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

Wow! GFY and build it yourself!

• slwest78 and bytethegroove like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#536 jstandfest

jstandfest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Calling it ugly is going too far...a lot of blood sweat and tears went into this build....however...I'm still on 2.4 cause I hate blue and too much of the framework was changed that neither my theme or any any other theme for that matter that I tried .. doesn't work with rage....in my opinion...it be better to separate the rage theme from the ROM making it an installable user option . I believe your user base would increase....but that's just me Peace Byte Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Wow! GFY and build it yourself!

Mitchell definetely couldv'e tried to not be so offensive.  Diplomacy goes a long way, try it some time LOL.

I am in the same boat as bytethegroove, I'm still on v2.3 and love my current v2.3 and also everything that has been incoperated into the updates but have a hard time seeing the blue theme to use my phone, I did load v2.5 on for a little bit and had to change back.  A user option on installing the theme would seem to be the best of both worlds and satisfy more people.  I can definetly see the appeal of the blue theme, it looks pretty cool but is just too difficult for me to see for daily operation.

Keep up the good work.  I love that this ROM has such active developers who are continually tweaking and improving instead of buiding a ROM and then forgeting, and abandoning, it.  Great job.

Edited by jstandfest, 07 February 2014 - 05:20 PM.

• jl90, bytethegroove and mrbrightside760 like this

#537 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Thank you js. I can make a flashable zip to return the look to completely stock. And you're right diplomacy goes a long way...insults don't lol. I'll work on something for you.

• jl90, bytethegroove, mrbrightside760 and 1 other like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#538 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

He said it much better than me.....communication isn't my thing...but u know that about me by now lol....u know I love u and your work...man love :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• jl90 likes this

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#539 jstandfest

jstandfest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Thank you js. I can make a flashable zip to return the look to completely stock. And you're right diplomacy goes a long way...insults don't lol. I'll work on something for you.

BAB, Quick question for you.  I see the screen shots for v2.6 on the 1st page of this thread have the navigation softkeys on the bottom with the pie controls shown on the right hand side.  Since I think v2.1 or v2.2 I've gone exclusively with PIE controls for navigation and used the ZIP file you had provided to remove all of my nav soft keys on the screen and applied that same ZIP file to v2.3 as well.  My question is will that ZIP file continue to work to eliminate the navigation softkeys even in v2.5, v2.6 and beyond?  I don't think I can go back at this point and lose the screen real estate :-), I love the swipable pop-up PIE controls.  Thanks for the info.

#540 jstandfest

jstandfest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

BAB, Quick question for you.  I see the screen shots for v2.6 on the 1st page of this thread have the navigation softkeys on the bottom with the pie controls shown on the right hand side.  Since I think v2.1 or v2.2 I've gone exclusively with PIE controls for navigation and used the ZIP file you had provided to remove all of my nav soft keys on the screen and applied that same ZIP file to v2.3 as well.  My question is will that ZIP file continue to work to eliminate the navigation softkeys even in v2.5, v2.6 and beyond?  I don't think I can go back at this point and lose the screen real estate :-), I love the swipable pop-up PIE controls.  Thanks for the info.

Sorry, one other question.  The Gapps baked into v2.6, does that still have the old non-updated version of Google Maps that has seperated icons for "Navigation" and "Maps".  I'm still on that version of maps as I refuse to take the app update that killed a lot of functionality of the Navigation part.  Hate that they don't have layers anymore for restaurants, gas etc.  Just looked and I'm still on version 6.14.3

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users