29 replies to this topic

#1 leswilder

leswilder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hello all, I really like the Blur Camera app much better than the google one, however I prefer googles gallery over Blurs. Is there a way to make the Blur Camera launch the google ics gallery?
  • Badger50 likes this

#2 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yes. Download SimplexROM and pull the BlurCamera from it. Place on the sdcard. Use a su file explorer to copy and paste it into your system/apps folder.. it has been patched for the asop gallery. Matter of fact gallery2 is in there as well... so snag both of them!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • ardeleon09 and leswilder like this

#3 leswilder

leswilder

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Thank you much EmericanX. Just what I was looking for.

#4 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

no problem man! glad it worked out for you.

#5 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Mind if i use it in my rom that will be coming out?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Feel free! just make sure to credit where due! :D

#7 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Will do!

#8 ardeleon09

ardeleon09

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:shadowdroidx
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

This is exactly what I was looking for now that I'm running 211. I downloaded some gallery app from the play store but cant beat the original. Thanks EmericanX

#9 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

I pulled both of the apk's and installed them on Liquid ICS 1.5... changed permissions and all... neither show up in apps... what am I missing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#10 yagermeister

yagermeister

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

I just upgraded to stock ICS nonrooted but would like to use the stock google gallery apk. I found a post where you mentioned simplexrom had it so I downloaded the rom and found the googlegallery.apk in it. I grabbed that and tried to install it the normal way (doubleclick like a windows exe) of installing an app and it goes through the motions of installing and then says not installed. Any ideas? Thank you!

#11 Casen_

Casen_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

i installed that camera and gallery 2, it all worked fine, but i could no longer sync my instant upload, Google plus, nor picasa albums. Is there a blur camera, aosp gallery that works together and syncs the previously mentioned items?

#12 yagermeister

yagermeister

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:08 AM

I found this on the xda-developers.com forum and IT WORKED!!!:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

However, what I did was unzip the file to my pc desktop and then sent the .apk by itself to my phone and double clicked it to install it...Works great and have full sync with Picasa

#13 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Full picasa support with blurcamera is in SimplexROM as well... ;-) lol

#14 yagermeister

yagermeister

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

EmericanX, not sure if I had done something wrong with your suggestion but it did not have Picasa support and also the settings Page was empty like Casen said.

#15 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

That was on the RC1.1 and was fixed on the last update. But yes there was indeed an issue with it before.

#16 wrich73

wrich73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Google+:wrich73

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get this to work. I have downloaded Simplex, tried pushing the camera file and gallery apk to /system/app and it doesn't show up. I have tried changing permissions, installing from SD, installing from system, etc.
Could someone please list step by step how to successfully get the camera and gallery from Simplex into another 211 ICS based ROM? thanks :)

#17 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

The posted camera on thread 2 will only work with the Gallery if its named GoogleGallery.apk in system settings.

If you have Gallery2.apk instead of GoogleGallery.apk! You can pull the blurcamera.apk from the old downloads link of SimplexROM RC1.1

Additional if you package exactly what BlurCamera.apk and Gallery you're using.. I'll take a look at them to see if I can get it working for you.

#18 MightyMackinac

MightyMackinac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get this to work. I have downloaded Simplex, tried pushing the camera file and gallery apk to /system/app and it doesn't show up. I have tried changing permissions, installing from SD, installing from system, etc.
Could someone please list step by step how to successfully get the camera and gallery from Simplex into another 211 ICS based ROM? thanks :)

I have this same problem. I tried pushing it in to /system/apps/ but to no avail. I did manage to get the gallery installed from Yagermiesters link. But now my camera doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?

#19 eclark

eclark

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Will this work on an aokp rom? Specifically koa aokp. I'm having difficulties getting the camera to show up.

#20 MWFD

MWFD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I have this same problem. I tried pushing it in to /system/apps/ but to no avail. I did manage to get the gallery installed from Yagermiesters link. But now my camera doesn't work at all. Any suggestions?

Make that 3 of us, no matter what I do, the Camera app will not show. Anymore insight on this?

I just went back to the old Blur Camera version for now, but still have stock Google Gallery installed. It is a pain that I cant just click the thumbnail in my current Blur Cam to be taken to stock Gallery.

Also, does anyone else have the problem where they cannot disable/uncheck "Sync on Wifi only" in the settings of the Google gallery? No matter how many times I uncheck, it doesn't save!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users