#1 SaturnsVoid

SaturnsVoid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I got a Droid Razr M for an upgrade, Worked great so i rooted it, Still worked great all that day, then i went to sleep and when i woke and the WiFi would not work! 

The toggle switch turned a darker gray, When i tap it it turns on then in a split second turns back off.

I have done a Factory Data Reset and then i did a hard reset and then i wiped the hole thing out and re flashed it to its original state. Still would not work!

So as a last resort contact Motorola for support and they tell me that i had rooted my device and there is nothing they can do. I didn't say anything about rooting it so they must be logging all users data. (Invasion of Privacy?)

So i am back here again, Not being able to use WiFi, On a 2GB/M plan. f%$king peace of $#!+.

Nothing else is bad! Its just the wifi!?

#2 skeevy420

skeevy420

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHot Springs, AR
  • Current Device(s):Atrix HD

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

You don't have to say "I rooted my phone" for them to know you rooted it.  Usually just using terms like "RSD", "flashed a rom", "XDA", "fastboot", and so on and so forth can give things like that away.  Whenever you call tech support, play dumb -- you don't know roms or what they are, say things like "I had no idea if I held those buttons I could do that" when they give you factory reset instructions.  When you call them, all you say is it my wifi stopped working and play igorant to anything you're read that's not on Motorola's website (or ATT, VZW, whatever).

Best I can suggest for you to do is manually wipe and flash everything via fastboot, not with RSD.  If you actually do wipe and flash everything fastboot and it doesn't work, then it could be bad hardware.

#3 psychopath67

psychopath67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

i agree with skeevy fastboot will probobly be your best option at this point, let me know how it works out for you! (:

Ill look for some possible wifi alternatives for a rooted device if youd be willing to root it agian to make this work ill keep ya updated...

Another suggestion may be if you flash a stable rom to it, it could possibly fix this bug, something like a stable cm10, i wouldnt suggest a nightly version.

Heres that alternative:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(may/may not work but let me know) if none of these possible solutions work for you let me know and ill look in abit harder...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wifi, not, working, hate, this, annoying, issue, everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users