Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#242 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

yes me 2

I rebooted its has been alot better with 8 hours uptime I have not seen it lose cell signal again. It happened like 3 times when I first flashed it.

#243 porkshanker

porkshanker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

was 209 better?

#244 thejakenixon

thejakenixon

Mr. Nice Guy (who doesn't want to finish last)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:thejakenixon
  • Google+:Jake Nixon
  • LocationVandenberg AFB, CA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Flashing this right now on all of the phones at work ;)
I work for Diamond Wireless, we're a premium retailer for VZ phones.
Winning?

#245 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:networkdood
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

and you meant 206 right?

lol 206...ok, I will give it a go as the ROM mgr way via /cache did not work...persistence will eventually pay off.
I love it when a plan comes together...

#246 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Our you could use this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I put it all together in one package. With the new 4.,0,4 root method there is no real need to flash the .85 kernel unless you have issues.
Your call.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I am waiting to download that monster 1GB file now, and trying other methods in the meantime. TSON has it posted on XDA, too, with credits to you.

#247 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Cool, those steps seem to be working - I should have verified them earlier and saved time.

updating BP
updating LTE
remove unneeded files
patching system files

Thank You!

#248 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

What's the procedure to install it? I had a problem with themes in the past. I have no desire to brick my phone.
Thanks.

Bootstrap recovery and install zip from sd card, choose zip and install. No wipe.
R3Ds Themes

#249 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

You can just use the normal recovery method for install. On the steps provided by a poster for getting root on this rom:
Step 7. Boot into ap fastboot mode
Step 8 flash 85 kernel using Unstuck 211
Step 9 boot using bp tools
Step 10 use ics root using Matts utility 1.6
Step 11 flash 211 kernel using Unstuck 211

I got to Step 10 and my device cannot be found, which is strange, because it had no problem finding it in fastboot to slap on kernel .85.

#250 Mad Cutter

Mad Cutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hmm, if .181 will boot after flashing then you don't need to flash the .211 kernel, or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I haven't read all of your posts. I do know of another person that had issues getting .211 to flash due to status 7 errors on preinstall. I suggested he flash .173 then .181 in succession and it worked for him. He was coming from .209 I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok I fastbooted back to .173 then took ota to .181(just incase i had a bad fastboot DL), let it boot up and skipped setup , rebooted to fastboot and flashed 211 kernel with unstuck 211, rebooted to recovery wiped data/cache, hit apply update zip, flashed 211 and still aborted at preinstall. Now what. This sucks.

#251 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, screw verizon
fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

#252 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

think may head back to 209 till next leak

There's always the chance VzW maybe working on towers in your area, you may want to give it a bit more time. I haven't watched my signal constantly, but as far as I know my signal has been solid in both 3g and 4g areas.
Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#253 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Ok I fastbooted back to .173 then took ota to .181(just incase i had a bad fastboot DL), let it boot up and skipped setup , rebooted to fastboot and flashed 211 kernel with unstuck 211, rebooted to recovery wiped data/cache, hit apply update zip, flashed 211 and still aborted at preinstall. Now what. This sucks.

if you are on 181 this can be done w out a PC to get to 211. Just put it on sdext and wipe cache and factory reset and flash it in 3e recovery. If it doesn't fully take the first time back out and go back to 3e recovery and do it again.in fact wipe data in recovery but don't flash. Hard reboot and go back to recovery then flash. Mine always take first try.

#254 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

I guess I was right the first time. If you can fastboot to .173 or .181 you don't need to flash the .211 boot image. (although theoretically it should work to o) All you need to do is fastboot to .181 (might do .173 again first), copy the update to your sdcard-ext, reboot into stock recovery, wipe cache and install the update from your external sdcard. Optionally, you can root .181 and protect root with Voodoo first, but you can root afterwards.

You cannot install bootstrap or safestrap before you do the install.

#255 Mad Cutter

Mad Cutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

That how i was doing it the first couple of times (without flashing 211 kernel. But this $!#7 won't work either way. The preinstall on my phone is right. All files in there that are supposed to be. And I'm guessing the preinstall on the 211 zip only has 1 app(socialcam) and a few md5 sums??? I don't see where the problem is. Ive redownloaded the 211 zip several times just to make sure i got a good download and they all have the same md5 as what im using. I took the ota to 181 so that has to be right. What else can there be. I got everything off of sd card int. and ext. left nothing but media junk. I always wipe data/cache. Hell I wipe data and cache when flashing nightlies. Im just anal about having a clean slate. Im stumped. And no i haven't installed safestrap or bootstrap. Safestrap was installed when i was on .79(where i started from) but its been long gone.

#256 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

I guess I was right the first time. If you can fastboot to .173 or .181 you don't need to flash the .211 boot image. (although theoretically it should work to o) All you need to do is fastboot to .181 (might do .173 again first), copy the update to your sdcard-ext, reboot into stock recovery, wipe cache and install the update from your external sdcard. Optionally, you can root .181 and protect root with Voodoo first, but you can root afterwards.

You cannot install bootstrap or safestrap before you do the install.

Well, .183 and .171 are GingerBread leaks/ROMs so, I do not believe you would want to flash an ICS kernel with them, but I could be wrong.

#257 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

ok It keeps aborting when it gets to "Patching preInstall files" Any clue why?

Just read back on your previous posts. Didn't realize it was failing at "Patching preinstall files". If it's getting that far it's actually already past the assert checks and it's trying to install. You've probably already done it, but if not redownload the update and use the /cache method to install either from recovery directly or the ROM Manager style. You may have some corruption on your sdcard.

#258 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Excellent all set...thanks to those 12 steps to get me to .211 from .206 and thanks to the friends and his associates.
Easier method to root .211 leak is right here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#259 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

was 209 better?

.209 was better for me for 4g signal than .210 or .211

#260 master0fursinz

master0fursinz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

211 installed and ready, tomorrow day one for 211. monday install 212 *sigh* come on moto make one official and unlock the bootloader
Thank goodness for Devs, cracks, and leaks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users