DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Resisting. Though the pusher men are doing a good job at tempting me. 209... 210... 211... Give me OTA and I will mats utility back to stock .161 as fast as the rest of the crack flashers!

Posted Image

#122 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

OK, so I just screwed this up by rooting after fastbooting to 181 then trying to load the 211 zip from moto recovery.

Can someone confirm that I should have done this instead?:

Fastboot to 181, no rooting
Load 211 zip on SdCard ext
moto recovery.....wipe.....install zip...

and if this is correct....then what? root with Matts Utility?

#123 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

Wonder why the Kernel was rolled back?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#124 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Well that is everything. Matt's Utility... .211 file... Resisting the urge to become a crack flasher!

Posted Image

#125 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Me too.... Anyone know if this stage takes a long time ?

No that's not normal. You'll probably have to reboot into recovery and try again.

#126 txkssnapper

txkssnapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD, tf300t

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

I finally made the jump. flashed this over .181 voodoo did not restore root, but using the terminal commands from the first leak restored it just fine.

#127 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

No that's not normal. You'll probably have to reboot into recovery and try again.

Thank you!! I killed power, and went through the process again (starting AFTER 181 restore) and appears to be succesful.
Posted Image Keep Austin Weird!!

#128 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

OK, so I just screwed this up by rooting after fastbooting to 181 then trying to load the 211 zip from moto recovery.

Can someone confirm that I should have done this instead?:

Fastboot to 181, no rooting
Load 211 zip on SdCard ext
moto recovery.....wipe.....install zip...

and if this is correct....then what? root with Matts Utility?

If you fastbooted back to 181 after coming from .84 on up then you would have had to flash the boot.img from 211 (unstuck211 utility) after fastbooting to 181.

If you fastbooted back to 181 and the fastboot took correctly and really got you back to 181, then you could install the 211 zip file without using the unstuck 211 utility

#129 islandfever

islandfever

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

If you fastbooted back to 181 after coming from .84 on up then you would have had to flash the boot.img from 211 (unstuck211 utility) after fastbooting to 181.

If you fastbooted back to 181 and the fastboot took correctly and really got you back to 181, then you could install the 211 zip file without using the unstuck 211 utility

Yes I came from 79.....but the question is root or not before flashing 211

also another random question since I am jury rigging my battery with a self made cable attached to torx screws. Can I fastboot phone while it is still attached to outlet thru the battery? Therefore thinking the battery would stay high enough to finish fastboot since mine got too low and failed last time?

#130 King Lo

King Lo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I agree with you and P3. I believe It's ready to drop at any moment. I'm sitting on .79 just like you and don't plan on moving until the Ota drops. :-) Really can't see any justification in moving to any other build, other than back to GB when things are kosher with the Ota.
Edit: I had to think about it for a moment, then it hit me lol. Crackflashers! That is all. :-)

I made the jump to .210 2 days ago and Face Unlock is causing phone freezes for me. It's not ready for primetime yet. Don't know if that's a Moto issue or an Android issue though.

#131 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

A lot of you people on GB and the fastbootable leaks are gonna be in for a surprise when you take the OTA and still can't go back to GB lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • mixerpilot likes this

#132 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

My home button doesnt work, and my slide to unlock doesnt work. Any help?

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#133 King Lo

King Lo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

My home button doesnt work, and my slide to unlock doesnt work. Any help?

Rest the phone a couple times. Touch in general is wonky on first boot.

#134 mangyard

mangyard

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I keep getting the sideload error. Was on rooted 181 First time placed update on card in the sd root, Fastbooted back to 181,rebooted to recovery using power up+volume key, wiped data, got sideload error, stuck on (m). fastbooted back to 181, rebooted to recovery using keys, sideload error. fastbooted back to 181, rooted, redownloaded package, fastbooted to 211 unstuck kernel, rebooted to recovery using keys, sideload error.

edit: never mind it finally worked. This last time I guess updated the recovery which is what it needed because when i went back in to re-flash the recovery was now the ICS recovery,ran the update zip, and booted to ICS. sweet. took too many tries for my liking but hey that's what you get for being a script kiddy i guess

man my htc incredible and htc thunderbolt were so much easier than this... unlocked bootloader please!!

#135 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Restarted three times, tried switching from no slide, back. Guess im going to have to do it again?

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#136 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

I made the jump to .210 2 days ago and Face Unlock is causing phone freezes for me. It's not ready for primetime yet. Don't know if that's a Moto issue or an Android issue though.

This is the 211 thread...Also, keep in mind that your issues may be isolated to your phone. That's why soak tests are important and involve more than 1 person.

#137 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

A lot of you people on GB and the fastbootable leaks are gonna be in for a surprise when you take the OTA and still can't go back to GB lol.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I still a bit stunned from the 84 leak when people flashed it then immediately tried to fastboot back to GB [and bricked].

I look forward, never back! ICS is much better than GB.
  • mixerpilot likes this

#138 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

How did you go backwards? just flash the 209 update instead of latest? 208 unstuck?

Used 181 fastboot, matts utility, then used unstuck to flash 209 boot, then update zip from sd card.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#139 aarnold0805

aarnold0805

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Twitter:aarnold3273
  • Google+:aarnold0805@gmail.com
  • LocationRiverton, WY.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Guys I need some serious help. I flashed the 211 leak and now I can't get root back. Here is what I did.

1. fastboot 211.img (with unstuck211)
2. installed 211 leak from recovery (everything good so far)
3. booted up enabled debugging
4. fastboot 85.img
5. boot using bp tools
Here is where my problem is. I used mat's tool to root and I get error: more than one device or emulatur.

Please help!! I'm trying the whole process for the third time, but I could use some help.
Sent from my 209 KOA RAZR

#140 mej284

mej284

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCantonment, Fl

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

I've noticed when using a program that uses the GPS I do not get the GPS icon. I also no longer have the lock button on the keyboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users