28 replies to this topic

#1 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

I have resisted thus far but not sure I can hold out much longer.

I am torn as to whether I should take the plunge on a new leak (no fastboot back) or remain on Leak .79...

What do ya'll think ??

Thanks!!
Posted Image Keep Austin Weird!!

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'd stay there. I've heard the .211 is a completely different bread but idk. Matt guarantees he can get the
211 back on track when the official OTA comes out but I'd wait for the official version.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:coletrane09
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

I'd stay just got this text minutes ago

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#4 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

And i just took the plunge to .210 yesterday

#5 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Might as well just stay. You've made it this long on .79... that's what I'm doing except I fastbooted back to GB in anticipation of ICS :(

#6 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

I was going to jump this morning, then I saw 211. Then I was going to jump after lunch. Then the texts hit.

I think my Maxx is trying to tell me something. I'm on 181/Eclipse - and I guess I'll wait......... at least for a bit!

Proud father of a US Marine

#7 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

The .2xx leaks are really good, especially 210 and now 211. Plus you get the features of 4.0.4 and Flash support, better Face Unlock and various other things compared to the older leaks. And yeah, with the Unstuck tool you are almost guaranteed to get to the OTA when it finally does arrive (it will most likely be one of these leaked builds anyway).

#8 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks guys!!

Perhaps I will wait a few more days to see what transpires as the TXT message.

I am already running KOA AOKP on top of .79 leak and it doing nice so I guess I will stick it out a bit more.

#9 jpmoo

jpmoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

No text message here. Maybe sone lucky few are getting in on a soak test?

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

Thanks guys!!

Perhaps I will wait a few more days to see what transpires as the TXT message.

I am already running KOA AOKP on top of .79 leak and it doing nice so I guess I will stick it out a bit more.

Honestly I'd say go for it. Why not? The only thing you will be missing out on is your phone actually downloading the OTA update. Everyone knows that within minutes of the OTA, it will be posted here. You use the same exact method we've been using to get on these leaks, to get on the OTA build.....bingo! Back on the update path. Yes it will really be that easy and yes we know for a fact that everyone will be able to get back on the path.
  • coletrane09 likes this

#11 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

No soak test here nor did I sign up for one....gonna unstuck to 211....fingers crossed :D

#12 coletrane09

coletrane09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationHart, MI

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

just waiting for phone to charge...............

#13 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Honestly I'd say go for it. Why not? The only thing you will be missing out on is your phone actually downloading the OTA update. Everyone knows that within minutes of the OTA, it will be posted here. You use the same exact method we've been using to get on these leaks, to get on the OTA build.....bingo! Back on the update path. Yes it will really be that easy and yes we know for a fact that everyone will be able to get back on the path.

I'm kinda with Hicks here. I stuck with the .79 leak for quite a while because it was "safe". It worked very well, but I finally got tired of the battery level issues and said "screw it". Once I had used ICS, there was no going back to GB so I flashed .209. I do not regret it. Even if Moto or VzW figures out a way to keep us off the OTA (which I seriously doubt they could or would), I'm perfectly happy with what I have. Of course then end call is yours. Nothing wrong with staying on path, especially with the OTA looming ever so close (it will never come).

#14 Johngi559

Johngi559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@_johngi
  • Google+:Johnny Hernandez

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

The .2xx leaks are really good, especially 210 and now 211. Plus you get the features of 4.0.4 and Flash support, better Face Unlock and various other things compared to the older leaks. And yeah, with the Unstuck tool you are almost guaranteed to get to the OTA when it finally does arrive (it will most likely be one of these leaked builds anyway).

flash support?!??! great!! i am on .75 still:(

#15 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Main thing I would be worried about is hardware issues, then I'm screwed...

What happens if you brick? Just fastboot to .181 and force load the leak again to get it to boot?

#16 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Everyone knows that within minutes of the OTA, it will be posted here.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that the .zip to the OTA will be posted on here within minutes of its release?

I guess what I'm really asking is, I'm on .79 and if I take the .211 leak how long do you think it would be before we would be able to be on the official once it is released?

#17 Cisien

Cisien

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

The official will be just like any other leak.

211 was found my Matt last night at around 2am. I went to bed at 3, and when i woke up there was already instructions for people to go from 210 to 211.

I wouldn't sweat the transition from a leak to the official OTA, The devs here are on top of things, We will have what we need to go from a leak to the OTA within hours of it showing up on people's phones.

• zephyrus14 likes this

#18 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

The official will be just like any other leak.

211 was found my Matt last night at around 2am. I went to bed at 3, and when i woke up there was already instructions for people to go from 210 to 211.

I wouldn't sweat the transition from a leak to the official OTA, The devs here are on top of things, We will have what we need to go from a leak to the OTA within hours of it showing up on people's phones.

Thanks, this helps :)

#19 atxgurl

atxgurl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Gotta trust hicks!! I have taken the plunge and in a few minutes I should be on the darkside.

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Gotta trust hicks!! I have taken the plunge and in a few minutes I should be on the darkside.

Atta girl!! Lol, welcome to the darkside, we have cookies :)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • DHA123 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users