#1041 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

anyone have 2.2 file can link me. I deleted like an idiot after i flashed 2.4. I think 2.2 is more stable :)

#1042 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

ENOUGH IF THIS CRAP CONTINUES PEOPLE WILL BE DEALT WARNING POINTS .. A dev is free to choose what they want done with their work .. if they say no you cant use my stuff here because i worked hard on it and i want people to use my stuff because i put my hard work into it .. thats their choice.. if you take said work without their permission and use it anyway thats stealing... more so .. we arent going to fault devs for getting upset about this one either side of it.. getting caught doing it or finding out their stuff is on another piece of work without their permission.. GIVE OUR DEVS TEH DAMN RESPECT THEY DESERVE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GODS .

Too much of the focus is on a dev not sharing their work. Don't forget the fact that work got used without someones permission. THAT is what started the issue. If a dev won't share their work, then DO IT YOURSELF!

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, and I say this with all due respect to everyone here who invests their valuable time. You guys are talking about work being used without permission. But is that not what all developers in the community do? Isn't all the work based off of work that was put in by a dev from Google, Moto, Samsung, etc.? I seriously doubt many developers have contacted any of the aforementioned companies about using their work. There's hacks for free tethering (Wouldn't that would be considered stealing as well?), root exploits and attempts to crack the bootloader. How would Verizon feel about that? Verizon and Moto lock our bootloaders because they don't want us using a third party system on our phones, yet we continually do so. I'm just stating these things as an outsider and if a developer asked another not to use his/her work and that developer continued to do so I could understand the issue there. But at the same time, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Forgive me for saying so, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a bit of hypocrisy here.
  • bacox76, fastfoodfred, hartsgt and 4 others like this
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1043 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

So what parts of this rom I'm running are someone else's work? Should I feel bad about continuing to use this firmware? Should I switch to another rom that I might not like as well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R3Ds is no kanger... He always gives credit where it's due! The same "devs" complaining were asking R3Ds for help getting a 215 based rom to boot if I understand correctly.

The term "kang" needs to be reserved for the likes of "Team TouchDroid" or "the blackdroid", etc. Not used for someone who gives credit where it is due!

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#1044 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, and I say this with all due respect to everyone here who invests their valuable time. You guys are talking about work being used without permission. But is that not what all developers in the community do? Isn't all the work based off of work that was put in by a dev from Google, Moto, Samsung, etc.? I seriously doubt many developers have contacted any of the aforementioned companies about using their work. There's hacks for free tethering (Wouldn't that would be considered stealing as well?), root exploits and attempts to crack the bootloader. How would Verizon feel about that? Verizon and Moto lock our bootloaders because they don't want us using a third party system on our phones, yet we continually do so. I'm just stating these things as an outsider and if a developer asked another not to use his/her work and that developer continued to do so I could understand the issue there, but at the same time, take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Forgive me for saying so, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a bit of hypocrisy here.

EXACTLY my thoughts!

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2
  • lostsoul01 likes this

#1045 thisismalhotra

thisismalhotra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That is all

• wyld likes this

#1046 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

It wasnt so much the devs complaining,EDIT:except for the above post as far as i've seen... save one(not the above one) who doesn't give permission very often to share, and is VERY hard to reach. I was the general community harassing R3 if i am right. If everyone was on the ball and realised that being part of the android world means sharing what you do.. things like this wouldn't happen. R3 did his best otherwise by mentioning where things came from.

Disclaimer: PLEASE do not use this post to continue flaming

#1047 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Did anyone ever manage to get 2.4 working with a battery MOD or theme installed?
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#1048 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

anyone have 2.2 file can link me. I deleted like an idiot after i flashed 2.4. I think 2.2 is more stable :)

Mine is still good.

#1049 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

R3 was in the process of trying to make DT's scripts that he included work with the themes when all this went down. until that is fixed, 2.3 and 2.4 won't work with the themes/mods

That said, anyone have urban 2.6? - files are down at dev-host

#1050 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

D o w n h e r e

• milkshed27 and fastfoodfred like this

#1051 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks! I see good news for us on Ikream.. stay tuned im sure R3 will share once done.

#1052 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/3546-holy-sweet-hot-burning-pocket/#entry76643

That is all

Why was this linked to my thread

Sent from my .215 leak razr on ikream rom do you wanna get cut?

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#1053 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

R3 was in the process of trying to make DT's scripts that he included work with the themes when all this went down. until that is fixed, 2.3 and 2.4 won't work with the themes/mods

That said, anyone have urban 2.6? - files are down at dev-host

I'm using urban on 2.4

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#1054 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

You guys get permission from R3Ds to post links to his work :D

#1055 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'm using urban on 2.4

My bad, didn't realize urban worked on 2.4 :)

#1056 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Why was this linked to my thread

I believe because of the little bicker between Matt and R3.

#1057 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Apparently R3Ds already has another site. He tweeted :ph34r:

#1058 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

HECK NO!!! public domain, he posted it to the web!

#1059 johnbrain

johnbrain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

this is like a500 and xda vs thor all over again

#1060 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

I believe because of the little bicker between Matt and R3.

Not just him, a couple of others taking cheap shots too.

R3Ds Themes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users