1296 replies to this topic

#561 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

thank you ... yes you were right I figured out my flaw(forgot the full support file) thank you so much for this program I have one quick question if your still on if not ill have to go through whole post ... I am doing this because my cell is bootloading so can I just "keep data choice" or should I choose the "full option" I thank you again

Bootlooping you can try KEEP DATA first.  If that doesn't work, just FDR it or flash FULL.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#562 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:43 AM

So, Sam.... Eye... with the news today/yesterday, is it possible to roll out the 9.30 rooting method via HoM? I haven't even had a chance to look at it to see what is entailed, if its packaged with a run script or what... can't wait to see whats next, though!

You could change their bat file to run.bat and stick the files in the root directory of the House of Moto install.  That should, in theory, allow you to kick off root from the HoM menu.  I've no phone to try that one myself, but, it's at least possible that it'd work.  Better yet, someone (maybe me, but, I LITERALLY just got home about 20 minutes ago from a very long day of travel) should make a special run.bat for it to stick in the root directory with it that doesn't do all the KNOX crap that you Moto guys and gals don't have.  I'll see if I have time later to whip something up.

Finally got around to this. Let's keep this little secret here for now, ok?  I want this kept to the House of Moto thread until the Bionic update is released.  Why the hell am I mentioning the Bionic???  Because, the root method that works on the Sony, Samsung, and Moto snapdragon phones also works on the moto OMAP phones.  ;) Shhhhhhh.  I created an updated version that changed it to run.bat/run.sh and commented out the knox crap that Moto users don't care about.

Why is this important?  Well, you can take this new saferoot-moto package, extract it into the House of Moto root folder, and after you FXZ your phone, you can automagically install root without going through all the crazy processes that exist for the current OMAP root exploits (looking at you RAZR and Bionic).  

I've not tested this version.  I simply modified it, packaged it up, and hosted it. All credits go to the original authors of this exploit.  This should work on all the OMAP phones and the HD/M.  

Enjoy ;)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, matjmonk, johnthehillbilly and 4 others like this

#563 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Whoa! Cool! Almost makes me sad I retired my bionic for a nexus. Almost... sent from my hammerhead
  • soocold likes this
The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#564 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Wait .. I missed something. "Until the Bionic update is released"?

#565 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Not paying attention lately huh? D4 and razr already got their update. Bionic is coming soon. It's a bug fix. Nothing more.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

#566 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:43 AM

Not paying attention lately huh? D4 and razr already got their update. Bionic is coming soon. It's a bug fix. Nothing more.

Nope. Not paying attention hardly at all. Work and the kids have kept me pretty well distracted. I imagine that a bugfix update won't be worth doing a full fxz and reinstall for, but I may anyway :-)

#567 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

The razr update wasn't security updated so you could downgrade. Still waiting for the bionic update. Should have been out by now.

#568 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

Hopefully not a sign....

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#569 raymondrbowman

raymondrbowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

I cant get past ap fastboot saying " Failed to hab check for boot:0x56 Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure.
Nothing I've tried in the last SEVEN hours has worked and I am giving up and asking for help

..Deleted the pointless..

Sadly I read WAY more than once. All other utilitlies I used through out the day would not work, then I tried yours and had the FXZ in the wrong spot...even though you stated clearly and I thought I read properly. I am just brain fried right now and sorry you had to repeat your self yet again. THANK YOU so much it worked just fine. Really thought I was ducked! and I'm done messing with unlocking, rooting, custom roms. Beer money coming your way....

Edited by raymondrbowman, 26 January 2014 - 04:14 PM.

• SamuriHL likes this

#570 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Another one that didn't follow directions.  You're kinda missing the FXZ files.  They aren't really what I call "optional".  There's a reason I said to read the directions more than once BEFORE installing this.  It's because  I don't enjoy these types of issues and they're happening far too much lately.

• Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

#571 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I've done my best to update the instructions.  If people can't follow them now I give up.  It's really not difficult.  Download and extract 3 things and run it. sigh.

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, johnthehillbilly and LDubs like this

#572 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I've done my best to update the instructions. If people can't follow them now I give up. It's really not difficult. Download and extract 3 things and run it. sigh.

:/

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, matjmonk and livinginkaos like this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#573 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

The FXZ Flasher prototype is ready for BRAVE testers.  The FXZ Flasher project will ultimately replace the House of Moto once it's complete.  It's a very useful tool and gets us away from batch files and the need for scripts finally.  Once we replace the House of Moto, those who want to continue using RSD should start using the FXZ Script Generator (which will also get more functionality soon, as well) to generate RSD scripts.  Once the functionality of both tools are complete, they will not need to be updated for new phones as they dynamically read and parse the FXZ's xml script.  We shall get there soon.

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, King Howie and LDubs like this

#574 jimt68

jimt68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hi,

When I open (VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml), when I select them all, nothing is extracted. My pc only tries to make a copy onto a disc. I see a bunch of files, including Boot, Recovery, and System, but nothing is extractible. So then I tried to just extract the actual zip from my download, but got the same results. Please assist.

#575 jimt68

jimt68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Also, there is NO directory inside the VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml

#576 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

Oh brother...I need to assist with zip files now?  

o) Download and install: 

o) Open VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.zip with 7zip

o) Inside it will show VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml, which is in fact, a directory.

o) Double click into the VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml folder inside 7zip

o) Hit control-a to select all files

o) Click extract, and select the FXZ_xt907 folder inside the HouseOfMoto folder

#577 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Maybe if they drink a six-pack it will make more sense?!?!?!?! 

• milski65, SamuriHL and matjmonk like this

#578 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Oh brother...I need to assist with zip files now?  

o) Download and install: 

o) Open VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.zip with 7zip

o) Inside it will show VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml, which is in fact, a directory.

o) Double click into the VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml folder inside 7zip

o) Hit control-a to select all files

o) Click extract, and select the FXZ_xt907 folder inside the HouseOfMoto folder

The more accessible and easy to use that you make something, the larger your userbase gets. The larger your userbase gets, the more problems you get that you used to think were just plain common sense. I'm sorry.

#579 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

The more accessible and easy to use that you make something, the larger your userbase gets. The larger your userbase gets, the more problems you get that you used to think were just plain common sense. I'm sorry.

Try my new program and see how easy I've made it.

#580 jimt68

jimt68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Maybe if they drink a six-pack it will make more sense?!?!?!?!

If only I didn't quit drinking a year ago.:-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users