• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1296 replies to this topic

#581 jimt68

jimt68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Oh brother...I need to assist with zip files now?

o) Download and install:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

o) Open VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.zip with 7zip
o) Inside it will show VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml, which is in fact, a directory.
o) Double click into the VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml folder inside 7zip
o) Hit control-a to select all files
o) Click extract, and select the FXZ_xt907 folder inside the HouseOfMoto folder

The other zips opened fine without 7 zip. No need to condescend. But thanks for your assistance.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

#582 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Try my new program and see how easy I've made it.

I'm about to go look into it. I'm going to fully wipe my Bionic tonight and reinstall everything. Maybe the FXZ fairy will bring me 5 CPU speed slots/stages instead of the 4 I've had since day one.

#583 jimt68

jimt68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

The other zips opened fine without 7 zip. No need to condescend. But thanks for your assistance.

Oh brother...I need to assist with zip files now?

o) Download and install:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

o) Open VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.zip with 7zip
o) Inside it will show VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml, which is in fact, a directory.
o) Double click into the VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF.xml folder inside 7zip
o) Hit control-a to select all files
o) Click extract, and select the FXZ_xt907 folder inside the HouseOfMoto folder

No success. I had the same results with 7zip. All the files say "cannot open as archive".

#584 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

Ahh, screw it. I just used RSD and did a full FXZ. That's all I wanted to do anyway. All my data is saved on a PC, so I wanna wipe all my SD stuff too. I stuck with what I had, know, and didn't have to download and install :)

-- edit --

Yes, I know. That was lazy of me.

#585 jimt68

jimt68

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

No success. I had the same results with 7zip. All the files say "cannot open as archive".

Also, there are disc images inside the zip that keep wanting me to burn to a disc. Nothing inside the directory will extract.

#586 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Those .img/.bin files are the files you're trying to extract into the FXZ directory. I haven't used this utility in a long while, but I want to say that they're supposed to go in the directory named XT#### (Whatever phone you're using) along with the .xml files that you have.

#587 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

Ahh, screw it. I just used RSD and did a full FXZ. That's all I wanted to do anyway. All my data is saved on a PC, so I wanna wipe all my SD stuff too. I stuck with what I had, know, and didn't have to download and install :)

-- edit --

Yes, I know. That was lazy of me.

My new program is ridiculously easy. You drop a jar file in your FXZ and run the jar. Lol. Lazy indeed! :p

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Non potest esse nisi unus

#588 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Also, there are disc images inside the zip that keep wanting me to burn to a disc. Nothing inside the directory will extract.

Redownload the FXZ. Check the md5 against the one posted on the download site.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#589 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

Indeed..... If you are getting the "can't open as archive" error....... You either have a corrupted zip file OR you have a piece of software (or malware) that is not playing nice with the zip file(s) ......

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#590 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

I wanted to share my issue very quickly. And first my experience. I have been flashing and rooting and following DEVs easy instructions for 3 phones now, the X2, the hard to break Bionic and Now my Razr M X907.  I was on custom roms with the RAZR M and keep going back to stock, especially since Xposed.  Well, I started getting an issue after doing the tether hack, a week or so later, my Wifi stopped working, It shows grayed out in the settings, and I turn it on, and it quickly goes to off and gets stuck on "turning on wifi"  I thought, well, I used samurai's bionic stuff in the past, and it always worked great (Appreciate the work!) So I had enough of the wifi thing and gave it a shot. READ read, read and read again, got my 2.0 zip, got my FXZ, everything went smoothly, like butter.  Rebooted and all that jazz, but the issue persisted. Not sure why.  I tried Fastboot and RSD option on House of Moto, still same result.  Finally I took regular RSD and tried with the FXZ (Had to remove getjar line) I am unlocked, but opted to stay on recent update, it finally worked. Wifi works fine.

My question (no log to show, but nothing failed) Why or what is causing that to not work? and why didnt House of Moto fix that issue if it uses the same process as RSD?  Just trying to learn, and maybe shed some light onto others having this issue. And always, Thanks Samurai, for the great work. It has saved many from headache before. I am one that doesnt bork my phone on a daily basis, but glad its there in case.

#591 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:29 AM

Did you do a save data when you used HoM? But did a full with RSD?

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#592 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

I'm guessing you used the KEEP DATA script in the House of Moto.  The FXZ you flashed with RSD also wiped the data partition, which the KEEP DATA doesn't.  So sounds like an FDR would have fixed it.

#593 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Did you do a save data when you used HoM? But did a full with RSD?

Sent From My DEV X

Knock it off! :p :ph34r:

• johnthehillbilly and livinginkaos like this

#594 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

The first try I did save data, the second I for sure did a full Don't care about data try. I didn't think a FDR would have fixed It since I changed info in the terminal emulator for the tether hack. But nonetheless, house of moto worked just fine to install fxz :-D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#595 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

Don't know.  The FULL option of the House of Moto is exactly what you flashed manually...the FXZ's xml file with the getvar crap removed.  That's it.  So maybe it didn't flash properly.  Not sure.

#596 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

Don't know. The FULL option of the House of Moto is exactly what you flashed manually...the FXZ's xml file with the getvar crap removed. That's it. So maybe it didn't flash properly. Not sure.

No problem, either way it's all fixed. Would love to know what jacked the wifi, wonder if it was xposed framework that did

#597 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

Try backing up and wiping both internal and external storage(s) prior to FXZ ..... It sounds strange but sometimes there are "leftovers" on storage that impact some of the settings and whatnot .....

"No more training do you require...... already know you, that which you need...."

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#598 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:02 AM

No problem, either way it's all fixed. Would love to know what jacked the wifi, wonder if it was xposed framework that did

Very likely.  XPosed is very powerful, but, easy to bork something if you're not careful.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

#599 dmraphael

dmraphael

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Current Device(s):Droid Maxx

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Also, having issue with Wifi like CamoCustom on my Maxx (have 4.4, rooted with SlapMyMoto).  Wifi will show connected to a network, but indicator grayed out and cant connect.  

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but looking to confirm I can use House of Moto to flash 4.4 (also so I can Keep Data) if I already have 4.4 on the device?  

By the way, thanks again to SamuriHL for this invaluable tool!  Worked great to get me back to 12.15 camera update so I can prepare for root on 4.4

#600 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,478 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Sure you can flash the same version you have on there.  I'm not sure it'll fix it, but, you can certainly try.  Also remember if you have root, you will lose it when you flash an FXZ and will be required to re-root.  Voodoo will not help in this situation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users