1296 replies to this topic

#1241 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

That's not flashing with motofastboot.  Did you install the snapdragon support file?  Also, that's not the latest FXZ.  Look again.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#1242 dater

dater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hi. I know you want people to read before asking questions, and I don't disagree. I have worked in IT for over 21 years

most of it doing Support/Service industries, so I know how frustrating it can be to not have someone do some research

and read beforeasking. However, your cryptic responses are not necessary when someone is really reading and looking

for answers. You said, "Hint, go to the forum for your particular model and look for the sticky.  Alternatively search for [FXZ"

That is what I did, and why I found the "Sticky"

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I know you want people to read, search, and take time to find things on their own before they ask you to spend your

time helping and I agree. In fact, this is a last resort for me and why I am asking for help. I have been reading, research,

and trying things that others have done before me, for a week now and nothing has worked, which is why I finally reached 

out for some help here.

Additionally, I went to the Forum for the xt926 and searched that forum for FXZ and it returned nothing, which I find really

strange given there is so much that I have seen in the forums here on FXZ, so perhaps that is not a valid way to find it?

I even did an advanced search, selected the forum VZW Droid Razr/Razr Maxx HD[XT926-CDMA/LTE], and searched on 

FXZ and still nothing found.

Yes, I did install the snapdragon support files from your sticky. It did not include motofastboot, or mfastboot which is what

I was expecting based on previous research and attempts I have made to fix this. 

unzip -l SNAPDRAGON_FXZ_SUPPORT.zip
Archive:  SNAPDRAGON_FXZ_SUPPORT.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
        0  11-24-2013 13:13   Darwin/
   225100  08-06-2013 20:22   Darwin/fastboot
        0  11-24-2013 13:13   Linux/
   541322  08-06-2013 20:22   Linux/fastboot
        0  11-24-2013 13:13   Windows/
    96256  08-21-2013 07:18   Windows/AdbWinApi.dll
   186178  08-21-2013 07:18   Windows/fastboot.exe
---------                     -------
  1048856                     7 files

Note: this  SNAPDRAGON_FXZ_SUPPORT.zip was downloaded from the link provided in the beginning of this "Sticky" thread. 
i.e. 

If there is a newer one, please point me to it, and I'll give it another go.

Regards,

/Brett

• vakharia likes this

#1243 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:22 AM

Right above the thread you posted for the fxz is the thread for the newest one. If you ever want to root and unlock your flash the one you listed, because they have patched the exploits in the .15 build. Once you are unlocked you can root through a custom recovery in the .15 build.  TWRP 2810 is a great custom recovery YOU must have the proper one for your device. TWRP has its own thread here on this forum.

If you downloaded the Snapdragon support file from one of Sam's threads you can be assured it is correct and current.  He doesn't let his links go with out the updates.  Also his instructions when followed with out any exceptions will work not counting hardware or being in the IT business you are aware of the ID10T and PEBKAC errors.

#1244 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

It's not the most recent but I haven't updated it yet because of problems people have had with the latest.  It IS motofastboot, though.  Moto simply names it fastboot in their FXZ's that ship with it.  Unlocking is a moot point.  Not going to happen at this point.  Your machine is not flashing any of the img's properly.  So you have a whole bunch of things you can look at such as usb port (must be usb 2), driver (must have latest installed), cable (must be the oem cable that came with the phone).  

Also, lecturing me in this thread will not win you any points with me so don't bother.  I provide help as I see fit and if you don't like that, there's the door.  You writing a diatribe about boo hoo isn't going to change a damn thing.  I make no apologies for how I choose to spend my time helping people.  And let's be clear, it IS *MY* time you're asking for.

• Badger1313 and cmh714 like this

#1245 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

Motorola has changed their policy about FXZ's.  They're not longer going to provide the RSD XML scripts in new factory images going forward.  As such I'm going to have to rewrite the House of Moto and RSD Flasher utils to handle this problem.  It's going to be ever more fun this time around as I'm going to have to basically create a database of files to partitions.  Those who have no idea what the hell that means don't fret.  It just means it's going to be a lot of work and not an easy rewrite.  It will take most likely a few weeks to get it done as it has to be done very carefully.

• looneybin and xKroniK13x like this

#1246 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

Motorola has changed their policy about FXZ's. They're not longer going to provide the RSD XML scripts in new factory images going forward. As such I'm going to have to rewrite the House of Moto and RSD Flasher utils to handle this problem. It's going to be ever more fun this time around as I'm going to have to basically create a database of files to partitions. Those who have no idea what the hell that means don't fret. It just means it's going to be a lot of work and not an easy rewrite. It will take most likely a few weeks to get it done as it has to be done very carefully.

Is it finished yet?
I want to Odin a tar via mfastboot on my envy3.

Sent via Blacked out TapaTalk on my Eclipsed Dev X

• matjmonk, Badger1313 and cmh714 like this

#1247 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

Is it finished yet?
I want to Odin a tar via mfastboot on my envy3.

:insert_middle_finger_emoji_here :rofl

• matjmonk, jayrod, Badger1313 and 1 other like this

#1248 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

:insert_middle_finger_emoji_here :rofl

:o

• SamuriHL likes this

#1249 techstudio

techstudio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:55 PM

Using OSX, when I attempt to use i get the following:

SamuriHL's House of Moto 3.2

Choose FXZ:

1) FXZ_*
2) Exit
#?

I then type "1" and get the following:

SamuriHL's House of Moto 3.2

Choose FXZ:

1) FXZ_*
2) Exit
#? 1
#?

#1250 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

Then you didn't set it up properly.  Read, read again, and follow directions. 

#1251 techstudio

techstudio

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

setup exactly as described. retried on windows, worked like a charm! thanks!

#1252 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

Actually, I disagree with "exactly as described".  If you set it up exactly as described, it would have worked.  Since you're a mac user, you should know that case matters, as an example.  Glad you got it to work on windows....which couldn't care less about case.

• hbang likes this

#1253 hbang

hbang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hi there and I have xt 925, unlocked, rooted on 4.4.2.

Decided to downgrade to JB ,fido carrier to get on KK, after testing i got back to JB retail cee, flashed orphee modded OTA, and rooted. All hell broke lose, Rebooted to apfastboot,  invalid cid status,no sp partition,invalid gpt....preflash validation failed for gpt.

Tried to rsd back to stock, used house of moto, fastboot, mfastboot flash, but friggin nada. All partition give errors , partition signed, edited xml as well , nothing...

some input will be much appreciated.

Thanksfastboot

xt925 is recognized by pc, drivers are installed

now showing BL locked

Battery is ok

thanks for all . Is there any tweak or else to make House of Moto circumvent a Pre flash validation: failed for gpt on xt 925? 

when i hit fastboot devices i get

c936562 fastboot

never seen that isht:)

#1254 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

You need to find the latest FXZ for your phone and flash that.  You learned a valuable lesson about attempting to downgrade without knowing what you're doing.  Your errors are caused by installing things you shouldn't have.  Downgrades can be done, but, only if you know exactly what you're flashing.  GPT and TZ partitions ain't it. Installing an OTA on a downgraded device ain't it, either.

• hbang likes this

#1255 hbang

hbang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:10 AM

you are absolutely correct, live and learn here. I tried a handful of firmware from sbf, if you could point me to some specific , that would be cool man. I ma have been careless coz I have done same procedure before. 

I dont get much of a  log using HOM, trying rogers 4..1.2. Phone is canadian, i even tried the europeean cee that i flashed before , but no go

all reads failure

invalid partition name

failed rmote failure

Flashing bootloader images ...
 So as to use latest flash capabilities

log:

Flashing modem SW...

Flashing AP Images...

Erasing userdata...

All images flashed. Check logs for errors!

Press any key to continue . . . 

You need to find the latest FXZ for your phone and flash that.  You learned a valuable lesson about attempting to downgrade without knowing what you're doing.  Your errors are caused by installing things you shouldn't have.  Downgrades can be done, but, only if you know exactly what you're flashing.  GPT and TZ partitions ain't it. Installing an OTA on a downgraded device ain't it, either.

#1256 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:27 AM

I don't know your phone so I'm not going to recommend any firmware but randomly flashing things is a sure way to end up perma bricked.  Do your homework and find the proper image to flash before you end up in a worse situation.

• hbang likes this

#1257 hbang

hbang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

I don't know your phone so I'm not going to recommend any firmware but randomly flashing things is a sure way to end up perma bricked.  Do your homework and find the proper image to flash before you end up in a worse situation.

xt 925 i promise umma be looking hard man

#1258 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

It matters which one you flash.  It should be the one for the region your phone is in.

• hbang likes this

#1259 hbang

hbang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

I appreciate all your time man. yes that is where I was in sbf, i will redo my steps in hopes to get a better result. Not sure what I am missing as i have tried rogers 4.12 as my xt is canadian but it just kicks errors. Phone is still recognizable and battery is ok.

wouldnt budge , if there is any more insights , please shoot

#1260 hbang

hbang

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

It matters which one you flash.  It should be the one for the region your phone is in.

5.52KB   25 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users