• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1296 replies to this topic

#1221 vakharia

vakharia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:57 AM

If your bootloader is unlocked then you never "lose root". Perhaps you've never learned how to properly maintain root on an unlocked phone but that only means you haven't paid attention to the sticky posts in this section. Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I am aware that I can directly 'flash' SuperSU binary on an unlocked phone. I was just giving a little bit of the history and the current situation.

So, coming back, I am still interested to understand the comment about "flashing backwards" made by 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#1222 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:06 AM

That's what the universal option is for.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#1223 juansuandi

juansuandi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

so can i directly flash via fastboot or mfastboot system/recovery etc. from 4.1.2 image ? im on 4.4.2 now and unlocked BL.

thanks

#1224 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:35 AM

You guys really need to do some reading.  I mean, why did I bother creating a sticky topic called [How To] Downgrade Motorola Devices if you can't be bothered to read it?

• bdazzg1 and RikRong like this

#1225 looneybin

looneybin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Rarz M Nook Color

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:19 AM

Some people don't know how to read unless it's in LARGE front

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

#1226 looneybin

looneybin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):Rarz M Nook Color

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:20 AM

Font stupid auto correct

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk

#1227 vakharia

vakharia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

so can i directly flash via fastboot or mfastboot system/recovery etc. from 4.1.2 image ? im on 4.4.2 now and unlocked BL.

thanks

You might want to check out this thread:

That option does not need a PC for doing the actual downgrade. That is more suitable for me, since I don't have the phone with me physically.

#1228 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

Im having an annoying message while flashing anything using fastboot/mfastboot...everything ended up ok though...its just this annoying message

(bootloader) Variable not supported!

target max-download-size: 30MB

Anyone?!?

#1229 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

That message means it's not using motofastboot. 

#1230 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

That message means it's not using motofastboot. 

Thanks for replying man...dont get me wrong but Im not sure if you are being sarcastic or I am missing something! Can you elaborate a noob proof comment?

Im getting this message while flashing anything (images, logos or custom recoveries) using mfastboot and fastboot. The flash procedure always end up ok but its freaking annoying + I have that feeling that sometime in the future it'll give me some head ache!

Cheers!

#1231 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

What I'm saying is that you may think you're flashing with motofastboot, but, if you're getting that message, it isn't.  Meaning that if fastboot is in the path somewhere, it may be being used instead.

#1232 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

What I'm saying is that you may think you're flashing with motofastboot, but, if you're getting that message, it isn't.  Meaning that if fastboot is in the path somewhere, it may be being used instead.

Thanks man...would you mind providing me a correct/working link?

It looks like someone provided me the wrong one!

Cheers!

Attached Files

#1233 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

That would be what the snapdragon support file is in the OP.

#1234 Fastm8

Fastm8

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

That would be what the snapdragon support file is in the OP.

Thanks again...worked like a charm!

Edit:

It wasn't upside down in my screen! ...go figure!

Attached Files

• SamuriHL likes this

#1235 dater

dater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hi.

First, thanks for doing this. You are one of the few that make a Linux version to flash and from all the reading

and studying one of the more thorough I have seen.

So, a while back I got my teenage son a used RAZR HD xt926 which I used a method off of Howard Forums to root, and flash to JB, and also set some of the Radio settings to allow it to work on Page Plus Wireless. I don't have it handy, but if needed I can find it for you  to get more info on what I followed. At any rate it was all working fine for him for some time. 

However, he brought it to me saying it was not working anymore and was seemingly stuck in the message/bootloop "Encryption Unsuccessful - Encryption was interrupted and can't completed. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible....." Then  a message about resetting and a "button" to reset, which does nothing when pressed. 

After researching I found several people in this same message bootloop. My son of course says he did not try to do any encryption, or anything else but that it started acting up, meaning apps not working and running slow, so he held down the power off to reboot and ended up in this condition. 

I have been trying for days, different "fixes" to this condition which all have some sort of method of wiping and flashing but all fail to wipe the partitions and flash/write to the partitions. I suspect the existing partitions or some of them are to corrupted, and maybe it would have to be fixed by Motorola, but I decided to give this one a try and when I got the same results, to ask for some help to see if anyone can offer some help, point out what I missed, or confirm the phone needs to go to Motorola or the trash dump.

Here is the following information from the first page asked for to help.

===================

-Model of phone
   RAZR HD xt926

-Exact system version the phone was on before flashing (4.1.2 is NOT a version)
   I do not know, but do recall flashing using a JellyBean version, and rooting

-Exact filename of the FXZ you are attempting to flash
   Latest attempt was FXZ_VRZ_XT926_9.8.1Q-94-1_CFC.xml, but have tried all
   the different versions from

-The text of the AP Fastboot mode
   AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
   10.98(*) (sha-1e9f557, 2013-05-25 01:04:26)
   eMMC Info: Size 16GB
   Device is LOCKED, Status Code:0
   Battery OK
   Transfer Mode:
   USB Connected
   Fastboot Reason: Boot menu selected
   usb connected

-The contents of the flash.log file that is created in the HouseofMoto directory
   flash.log is empty, but I have included the captured stdout output attached to this post as full.txt

-Details of everything you've "tried"
   Scoured the Internet for days, reading different ways to recover from the
   Encryption Unsuccessful remedies, flashing using RSDLite on Windows(and 
   trying on a windows 7 laptop), this utility, adb commands, fastboot and mfastboot commands.

-Any other pertinent information that will help us diagnose and fix your problem.

Can't think of anything else, but will be glad to provide more if I forgot anything

Attached Files

#1236 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Randomly trying different FXZ's on a locked bootloader is suicide.  "I tried them all" means your phone is in an unknown state at this point.  You need to use the latest FXZ image and flash that.  You will find it in the forum.  

• hbang likes this

#1237 dater

dater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, but in your instructions you list the downloads, and one of them being "The correct FXZ for your device from here: 

"  As I have noted, I followed other instructions that also mentioned getting the latest Moto Firmware from this site

which I did try. The problem is, there are 4 listed for Android 4.1.2 and as I said, I do not know what the  current version is exactly. I do know

it was on 4.1.2, but I do not know what is the correct one for the phone.

You state that I need the latest FXZ image and flash that, and I'll find it in the forum. OK, that is good, but can 

you give any more pointers than that? I looked at the main Forums page, and didn't see it. I searched for "latest FXZ"

and that returned 338 including this thread. 

Regards,

/dater

#1238 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

The builds are listed oldest to newest, so the lowest one on the list will be the newest build. 

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#1239 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,481 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

The latest builds aren't on sbf, but, they are in the forum for the particular phone model they have.  Hint, go to the forum for your particular model and look for the sticky.  Alternatively search for [FXZ].

• hbang likes this

#1240 dater

dater

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

OK, so I got the latest, from the forums for xt926, as you suggested. It was VZW_XT926_4.4.2-KDA20.62-10.1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip.

So, I went back and did all the steps over, and basically the same, or very similar failures. Please take a look at the attachment

and let me know if there is anything further that can be done or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users