125 replies to this topic

#101 dquillen312

dquillen312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

"Ok, so since we now know that the 211 leak will be the OTA. I figured I would save everyone some time and make a post for people from .181 that want to just install 211 now instead of waiting for the same exact thing to come from Verzion. This also works if you're coming from another leak!!!!!"

EDIT: duh... I think the above in bold kind of answered my own questions... *smacks self*

I want to verify before I break the only phone I have at the moment. I was one of the unfortunate ones to install one of the first leaks that came out that originally took us off the path and have been just following along waiting for a 100% safe method.

This is my current "About Phone" information

System Version
6.14.84.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Android Version 4.03

Build Number
6.7.1-68_DHD-15_M4-16

Can I still use the method in the OP to get on the official OTA? Will that put me back on the upgrade path?

Thanks to all of the great devs!

#102 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

"Ok, so since we now know that the 211 leak will be the OTA. I figured I would save everyone some time and make a post for people from .181 that want to just install 211 now instead of waiting for the same exact thing to come from Verzion. This also works if you're coming from another leak!!!!!"

EDIT: duh... I think the above in bold kind of answered my own questions... *smacks self*

I want to verify before I break the only phone I have at the moment. I was one of the unfortunate ones to install one of the first leaks that came out that originally took us off the path and have been just following along waiting for a 100% safe method.

This is my current "About Phone" information

System Version
6.14.84.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Android Version 4.03

Build Number
6.7.1-68_DHD-15_M4-16

Can I still use the method in the OP to get on the official OTA? Will that put me back on the upgrade path?

Thanks to all of the great devs!

You're asking that, even though you quoted the line in my OP that answers your question? Lol. Yes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • dquillen312 likes this

#103 mdavila84

mdavila84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

So i keep seeing people having errors whats the best way to get ics when im on stock .181

#104 tredemark

tredemark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

So i keep seeing people having errors whats the best way to get ics when im on stock .181

Razr Utility 1.7 <--- Use that

Select Option 1

Let it run through

Boot into Recovery

Wipe Cache 3 times

Apply update from Zip from sdcard <--select that option

You will get an error 7 (you'll still be on the recovery screen)

Just select the reboot system option from recovery

Let it boot all the way up, it will boot into gingerbread

Power the phone down

Boot into Recovery

apply update from zip again

This time it should work
Just an Apple Employee that loves Android #TeamAndroid

#105 dquillen312

dquillen312

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

You're asking that, even though you quoted the line in my OP that answers your question? Lol. Yes.

Yeah.. I had a moment there lol. We're just going to overlook that and pretend it never happened :)

Plus I added that quote after I went back and re-read the OP, after reviewing mine, and realized I was an idiot :P

#106 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Yeah.. I had a moment there lol. We're just going to overlook that and pretend it never happened

Plus I added that quote after I went back and re-read the OP, after reviewing mine, and realized I was an idiot

Lol you're not an idiot, it happens.

#107 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#108 BUMMERX

BUMMERX

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Twitter:BuMMeR_X
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

For everyone getting side load errors, do this: Fast boot to 181. Root. Down load a file manager. Es file explorer is free and easy to use. Download rom manager free. using file explorer, go to settings and enable root access, and make system writable. Then copy the leak, and paste it to /cache. open it from /cache with rom manager. Enjoy :]

Thank's for that info, that saved me this weekend. Long time reader but first time poster. Was part of soak test but Moto kept messing around with me over the MEID Number on my phone, so I just decided to join the dark side again like I did with my old Droid X. So thanks for the help, the above worked for me perfectly.

#109 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

so just to clarify "sorry to ask again" if i was already on the .211 leak from 6/15 there is no reason to flash the ota correct? it's the same build date & radios?

#110 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

so just to clarify "sorry to ask again" if i was already on the .211 leak from 6/15 there is no reason to flash the ota correct? it's the same build date & radios?

Absolutely correct. It's been verified. Same build date, kernel, radios and the same MD5 sum.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
  • fixxxer2012 likes this

#111 pscshuler

pscshuler

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for all your work on this SPC, it is appreciated!

#112 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Thank You!! spc_hick09 for the detailed instructions on using SafeStrap! I decided to take the plunge from BootStrap to SafeStrap and flash a rom. Been toggleing back and forth safe and non-safe side see how it works. i think i satisfied my flashing fix for the day ? lol

#113 Explicit

Explicit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

I got to thank the OP for the guide. I updated one Razr Maxx and two Razr's this past weekend to the OTA/Leak. Each updated without a hitch and damn ICS is sweet. Too bad I still have a Droid X with its unrootable stock software update :(

#114 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Glad this is helping so many people. I can't imagine why this keeps getting unpinned.

#115 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

This worked perfectly for me upgrading from .210 to .211. I was very nervous, especially when I soft-bricked after reverting to GB. I am good to go rooted .211 and back on path. Thanks to everyone that put this together!!

#116 CLoft2620

CLoft2620

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

I have an odd issue... I was able to root, safestrap, and install a new ROM, BUT, after rooting, it would not allow me to re-flash the .211 kernel.

What's that mean for me, and how will it effect my phone?

#117 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

So glad I'm getting my OTA now.. started at 1:30 am...official OTA! So if your having issues just check for OTA..middle GA here

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#118 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

I have an odd issue... I was able to root, safestrap, and install a new ROM, BUT, after rooting, it would not allow me to re-flash the .211 kernel.

What's that mean for me, and how will it effect my phone?

That's because you jumped the gun and installed safestrap and flash a ROM already. You're supposed to flash the .211 kernel BEFORE you start with installing safestrap and stuff.

Boot into recovery and disable safe system, then boot into fastboot and flash the .211 kernel.

#119 CLoft2620

CLoft2620

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

That's because you jumped the gun and installed safestrap and flash a ROM already. You're supposed to flash the .211 kernel BEFORE you start with installing safestrap and stuff.

Boot into recovery and disable safe system, then boot into fastboot and flash the .211 kernel.

No, no... I followed the steps precisely. It wouldn't allow me to install the .211 kernel, so I just kept on truckin' B)

I tried forever to get the kernel to flash, and it kept hanging on saying it was writing it for like 10 minutes, so I just moved on to the next step. I mean, my phone is running great, but will I have future issues?

#120 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

No, no... I followed the steps precisely. It wouldn't allow me to install the .211 kernel, so I just kept on truckin'

I tried forever to get the kernel to flash, and it kept hanging on saying it was writing it for like 10 minutes, so I just moved on to the next step. I mean, my phone is running great, but will I have future issues?

Shouldn't. You'll just be running the 211 software on the 85 kernel.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users