#61 Explicit

Explicit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

cdma only is gone or is just located elsewhere

The option is gone when you choose networks. In order to get it to change you need to input *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer and go into Phone Info and change it to CDMA Auto (PRL). I did notice though that if you shut down the phone after doing this, it reverts back to LTE/CDMA. I had to change it a few times as well as shut off the phone before it finally made it stick. Very odd

#62 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

so whats the difference between the .211 leak we have had and the OTA?

Nothing. Same build date.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#63 WVanNess

WVanNess

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Has anyone had any trouble with the lock screen or the home button?
My friend and I just did it and we can't get any kind of lock screen and the home button doesn't work, when you press the power button, it just goes to the home screen or the last screen you were on. No swipe unlock or face unlock or anything like it.
Also, the home button vibrates when you press it, but doesn't do anything.

Could this have anything to do with the fact we used the 1.6 utility rather than the 1.7?

#64 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Did this work for sure, straight from 181? Or do you need to flash some kernel, unstuck stuff too? Please provide more details. THanks.

This is the way I've flashed .79 and .211 on mine and my girlfriend's phone. It's worked every time. When I used the method in the op to flash .211 on our phones, we both got sideload errors.

#65 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:gsmtz7r
  • Google+:gsmtz74@gmail.com
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Okay so I am on the .210 leak and have been trying for 2 days following all the instructions and from what I observe I am still on .210 and running the .211 kernel no matter what directions or instructions I use I am still getting to status 7 errors is it possible to be on the 210 leak and be running on the 211 kernel? Any type of help would be much appreciated thank you so much!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.I am trying to go to. 211 from this!

Attached Files

#66 demanchild117

demanchild117

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I suppose I must be retarded or something, but I had the sideload error (status 7) when I tried to apply the blur.zip from my external sdcard.

i tired wiping the data and cache multiple times and retried applying the blur.zip, to no avail.

so I tried the Root->move Blur.zip to /cache->open from ROM manager. No work.

it says that I need the clockworkmod recovery. so I try to install it from the ROM manager screen. it says there isnt a clockwork recovery for razr.

I'd really apreciate either a fix to the sideload error problem from the OP's steps, or a fix to the ROM manager steps. whichever will get me a bite of ICS.

#67 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

I suppose I must be retarded or something, but I had the sideload error (status 7) when I tried to apply the blur.zip from my external sdcard.

i tired wiping the data and cache multiple times and retried applying the blur.zip, to no avail.

so I tried the Root->move Blur.zip to /cache->open from ROM manager. No work.

it says that I need the clockworkmod recovery. so I try to install it from the ROM manager screen. it says there isnt a clockwork recovery for razr.

I'd really apreciate either a fix to the sideload error problem from the OP's steps, or a fix to the ROM manager steps. whichever will get me a bite of ICS.

Did it not let you copy the zip to /cache at all? You have to set system as writable and enable root access from the file explorer's settings.
You were coming from .181 right?

#68 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but I had to factory reset after fastbooting 181 in order for 211 to flash. I kept getting sideload errors.

in many cases..after an SBF or Fastboot etc, a data wipe or factory reset is very good practice and often times is required as a loop will occur. Many forget to tell the newer guys so its something I like to add when explaining any kind of SBF, Fastboot, RSDlite etc...if I'm not mistaken some utilities utilize this in their scripts..;)

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#69 Redflea

Redflea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Oops...NVM, found this thread w/what seems to be the OTA:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• nailbomb3 likes this

#70 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Oops...NVM, found this thread w/what seems to be the OTA:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

the .211 leak is the ota.

I'm not sure if that method will work. I used rom manager to update the phone from /cache.

#71 demanchild117

demanchild117

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Did it not let you copy the zip to /cache at all? You have to set system as writable and enable root access from the file explorer's settings.
You were coming from .181 right?

I set the system as writable from e's. it successfully copied the blur.zip over to the /cache and I made sure it was there.

I went into ROM manager and selected "apply/install(whatever it was) rom from sd card" and it gave me the clockwork message. I then proceeded to try to click the Flash Clockworkmod button when it told me I couldnt get it for RAZR.

Edit: and yes, I had just clean fastbooted to .181 and rooted.

#72 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

I set the system as writable from e's. it successfully copied the blur.zip over to the /cache and I made sure it was there.

I went into ROM manager and selected "apply/install(whatever it was) rom from sd card" and it gave me the clockwork message. I then proceeded to try to click the Flash Clockworkmod button when it told me I couldnt get it for RAZR.

You don't install Clockwork Recovery.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#73 g8r92

g8r92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

I can't get the unstuck tool to work. It comes up and when it says "press any key to continue", and I press a key, it closes. I've even run it as administrator and re-downloaded drivers. Any ideas?

#74 dragonbro

dragonbro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for the easy follow instructions :) I used Matt's 1.7 utility to flash the new .211 ICS, I can't stand waiting for OTA! Question now for an ICS newbie, should there be a Gallery icon somewhere? All I can find is a widget for gallery?

#75 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Tap on the zip from /cache with the file explorer. Pick from manager from the prompt given.

#76 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

I can't get the unstuck tool to work. It comes up and when it says "press any key to continue", and I press a key, it closes. I've even run it as administrator and re-downloaded drivers. Any ideas?

Did you extract the files first?

#77 g8r92

g8r92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Did you extract the files first?

Yes, extracted to desktop. Didn't work so I deleted, re-installed, extracted again, and same thing. I think I found a work around though. I downloaded Matt's Utility 1.7 to flash the .211 kernal, then proceded with the directions in the OP. Everything seems to be working except I got two removable cache errors. Re-booting now and no problems so far. Worried about the cache errors though.

#78 meno73

meno73

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:Mark_Eno1
  • Google+:Mark Eno
  • LocationPeabody, Ma

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

For everyone getting side load errors, do this:

Fast boot to 181.
Root.
Down load a file manager. Es file explorer is free and easy to use.
Download rom manager free.
using file explorer, go to settings and enable root access, and make system writable.
Then copy the leak, and paste it to /cache.
open it from /cache with rom manager.
Enjoy :]

Worked like a charm Thank you very much!

#79 Redflea

Redflea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

OK...trouble in River City. I just applied the ICS update and my wife's phone had an error patching the boot image. She was on stock 181 GB, no changes.

I did this from the other instructions the other thread I linked to above (turns out, maybe unfortunately) where it said you could flash the update from stock recovery.

Steps I used:

Put the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip file on SD card.
Booted into stock recoery.
Selected apply update option
Selected Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip

Went through updates successfully until it hit the patch image step:

Patching boot image
e:error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Satus 0)
Installation aborted

What do do now? Sitting in stock recovery w/this error message. Would really appreciate some help - wife's phone, danger level is high. ;)

#80 Redflea

Redflea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

the .211 leak is the ota.

I'm not sure if that method will work. I used rom manager to update the phone from /cache.

Sadly for me, it appears not. Wish I'd come back and seen your message before I used it.

Wife is gonna fry me in oil. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users