Photo

[Rom] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

ics roms deodexed init.d modded

• Please log in to reply
1861 replies to this topic

#101 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I mean... I could just make a zip that removes the beats dsp and installs the standard dsp.. honestly I don't personally know the difference! lol

#102 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Sweet! Downloading now. So I'll need to wipe coming from the older build right?

Beats? Can't we just have DSP and keep Dre out of my phone? :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

as far as the wipe goes. You honestly shouldn't have to. But I did before flash. I would at least wipe dalvik. If you don't wipe and you boot to any fc's... I would reboot and wipe data/cache.

#103 Sparkimus

Sparkimus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:Sparkimus

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm kidding lol. I'm pretty sure they work the same. I just don't get all the hype behind the Beats brand.

#104 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

Just flashed update w/o wiping anything. Booted fine. Does Beats work with any player?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#105 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Speaking of beats, everytime I use a rom with Beats Audio or install the zip on a phone, it works for about a minute then turns off. I can reset the phone and toggle the buttons till I turn blue but nothing happens. Very strange. I used to have a rezound and I really do like the way beats dsp makes the music sound over other dsp managers, but for some reason it just won't work. Also, there is a very neat DSP included inside the new ics. I find it sounds better than the dsp manager from CM9.

#106 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Just flashed update w/o wiping anything. Booted fine. Does Beats work with any player?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Not sure honestly. I mainly included it because it seems like the majority wants it. I'll be running my own test with it to figure out if its work it or better off switching to a standard DSP..

#107 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Not sure honestly. I mainly included it because it seems like the majority wants it. I'll be running my own test with it to figure out if its work it or better off switching to a standard DSP..

Thanks EX. One other thing. When I click on Mobile Hotspot it takes me to the setup menu. I check Mobile Hotspot. Warning dialog box appears, click OK & Mobile Hotspot signup(Subscribe for $30/month) dialog box appears. What am I missing? Is this the tethering app. that you were referring to in the OP? Thanks

#108 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thanks EX. One other thing. When I click on Mobile Hotspot it takes me to the setup menu. I check Mobile Hotspot. Warning dialog box appears, click OK & Mobile Hotspot signup(Subscribe for $30/month) dialog box appears. What am I missing? Is this the tethering app. that you were referring to in the OP? Thanks

That's the app, but for some reason it seems like the entitlement check isn't set to 0 on yours?

#109 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

That's the app, but for some reason it seems like the entitlement check isn't set to 0 on yours?

Dah. That was it. It was set to 1. What happened is I was trying to a different tethering program I DLed & messed with the script. For anyone else having a problem, using SQLite: Click: Settings Storage(hammer & wrench icon), settings.db, settings, line 79(entitlement check), change record to 0. Thanks!

#110 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

Glad you got it fixed!

#111 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

the only bug im consistantly finding in any of the stock based roms is slight lag when backing out or exiting apps or hitting confirmation boxes. done a google search and this seems to be happening to alot of people.

#112 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Dah. That was it. It was set to 1. What happened is I was trying to a different tethering program I DLed & messed with the script. For anyone else having a problem, using SQLite: Click: Settings Storage(hammer & wrench icon), settings.db, settings, line 79(entitlement check), change record to 0. Thanks!

Should've been set from first boot unless the script changed it some how.. strange. Ive never used the app drawer app either though. I always go through settings.

#113 er00msivarT

er00msivarT

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

I think this is an ICS issue, but in GB you use to beable to slide to unlock then have the pattern or pin or whatever pop up. Now it just goes straight to the security feature without being able to use the slide. Is there anyway to change this?

#114 melfunn

melfunn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Should've been set from first boot unless the script changed it some how.. strange. Ive never used the app drawer app either though. I always go through settings.

I'm sure it was set to 0 initially. I'm the one that changed it trying to use a DLed app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#115 mina.girgis

mina.girgis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick, New Jersey

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

great Rom AmericanX as usual :)
is there anyway to change the notification bar toggles?
i love to have a flashlight up!

#116 er00msivarT

er00msivarT

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

It maybe me as the Rom is great. but the new release seems even faster!!!! Great fast, simple, everything f'n works rom!

#117 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

great Rom AmericanX as usual
is there anyway to change the notification bar toggles?
i love to have a flashlight up!

Ill probably look into incorporating a quick flashlight. It comes in handy! Next few days though I'm gonna try to tackle the data issues with Skiwong on the MIUI build... time will tell! ;-)

#118 mina.girgis

mina.girgis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick, New Jersey

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Ill probably look into incorporating a quick flashlight. It comes in handy! Next few days though I'm gonna try to tackle the data issues with Skiwong on the MIUI build... time will tell! ;-)

u r awesome man :)

#119 squiggie

squiggie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Rom is great! One issue I have seen is that the blur camera is not linked properly to AOSP Gallery. After I take a picture then try to look at it through the camera app, it gives an error.

#120 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'll get that fixed. I changed galleries so I'm sure that's the issue! thanks for letting me know...

EDIT: for those that have already downloaded... replace the BlurCamera.apk in /system/app with this one

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It has been updated in the ROM.zip so ignore this if you haven't downloaded yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ics, roms, deodexed, init.d, modded

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users