27 replies to this topic

#21 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Are you wiping cache and dalvik every time you check your changes?

Just wiped both and Reflashed but it still didn't change.

I could be wrong, but if your actually trying to change the color of the battery indicator in the status bar, you will have to change the images themselves for the battery. There are plenty to change if thats the case. Have fun! I may be wrong about what your trying to accomplish though.

I changed those already. I'm trying to change the color of the clock. It was no fun changing all 100 images for the battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 Instien

Instien

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

My fault, I misread your post initially. Scanning back through I realized we were on the wrong page. On a side note, when editing xml files isn't it required to decompile and recompile the apk? Its been a very long time since I've themed.
I am pretty sure you cannot just extract the apk, make edits to the xml file and repackage it. You should have to decompile, edit xml, recompile, take edited xml file and put back into original apk using 7zip or alternative tool then push back to device. Try that out, if it isn't what your already doing and let me know ;)

#23 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Maybe I'm missing something. I decompiled, edited images in res/drawable-hdpi, edited xml file(res/values/styles.xml), recompiled, put the recompiled apk that apk-tool created into a flashable zip Mopar57 put up for people to use to flash their own themes in his how-to thread, and then flashed in safestrap.

#24 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

thats now how you do it, you open the DIST folder, right click and open the apk with 7zip archive,

open the original apk with 7zip archive, drag and drop the files from the ICSapktool/dist folders apk, into your original,

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#25 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ok I got that now but when I open the original and new apk's in 7zip I don't see the res/values folder where the xml edits were made in either of the apk's. I guess that explains why the clock didn't change colors.

#26 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

Great write up hicks. This is a valuable tool for anyone getting into deving.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#27 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:42 AM

Great write up hicks. This is a valuable tool for anyone getting into deving.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

+1

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#28 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Ok I got that now but when I open the original and new apk's in 7zip I don't see the res/values folder where the xml edits were made in either of the apk's. I guess that explains why the clock didn't change colors.

Do I need to copy the res/values folder from the decompiled folders to the apk in 7zip?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users