#22 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:27 AM

Sounds to me like there is a signal issue folks are having or a botched app causing a battery drain. Currently I'm 17 hrs into a full charge on my Maxx running Liquid 1.5 and I'm sitting at 70% left. And just as an fyi to all ICS is going to burn more battery then GB ever did no matter what. ICS in general just seems to use more battery so it will be something folks need to get use to somewhat. I highly doubt you will ever see as good of battery life on an ICS build versus a GB build.

#23 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Battery life sucks with .211 cause IMO there's no way to toggle to manually switch to 3G. 4G is very weak in the building I work in and I would normally switch to 3G while there and then back on 4G when I got home. Don't get me wrong this is a great build and I haven't had the random data drop like in the past, however, not being able to switch 3G/4G manually is killing my battery.

sent from my Sith powered and rooted Razr Maxx

#24 Oso

Oso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Twitter:@pprice88
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

Battery life sucks with .211 cause IMO there's no way to toggle to manually switch to 3G. 4G is very weak in the building I work in and I would normally switch to 3G while there and then back on 4G when I got home. Don't get me wrong this is a great build and I haven't had the random data drop like in the past, however, not being able to switch 3G/4G manually is killing my battery.

No Wifi at work? I have 4g at work, but the signal isn't too strong. I stay on Wifi all day, though, and that helps a lot.

#25 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

No problems with battery at all on my Razr with .211. And I have a lot of stuff installed. My city has 4G everywhere though, and the building I work in has a 4G repeater installed in it.

#26 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Sounds to me like there is a signal issue folks are having or a botched app causing a battery drain. Currently I'm 17 hrs into a full charge on my Maxx running Liquid 1.5 and I'm sitting at 70% left. And just as an fyi to all ICS is going to burn more battery then GB ever did no matter what. ICS in general just seems to use more battery so it will be something folks need to get use to somewhat. I highly doubt you will ever see as good of battery life on an ICS build versus a GB build.

There are many many times throughout the days that my signal bar is down as low as 1 bar for long periods of time which I never saw with GB. I used to set my network to CDMA only since there is no 4g in my area and my battery life was great on my RAZR. I could get about 18 hours on GB before hitting 40%.

My RAZR bleeds awesomeness!

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#27 eraursls84

eraursls84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Then select phone info
Then scroll down to "set preferred network" and change it to cdma auto (prl)
now your on 3g only

#28 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Do you have something to substantiate this? I'm not aware of any specific changes to the codebase that would put a higher drain on the battery. If anything, I would think that ICS has the potential provide better battery life as it is taking better advantage of the GPU.

#29 stevedowell

stevedowell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Then select phone info
Then scroll down to "set preferred network" and change it to cdma auto (prl)
now your on 3g only

Or just download LTE on off from the Play store.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#30 stevedowell

stevedowell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Or just download LTE on off from the Play store.....

Works for the RAZR too. Even though it says thunderbolt

#31 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

No Wifi at work? I have 4g at work, but the signal isn't too strong. I stay on Wifi all day, though, and that helps a lot.

Wifi at work is on secured servers and only managers can use it on their blackberries

#32 doggy2965

doggy2965

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I think a radio issue I have more 4g/3G switching than before. But still not horrible battery life still lasts 2 1/2 times my gnex

#33 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

i thought .211 was the ota?

#34 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

i thought .211 was the ota?

It is.
Posted Image

#35 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Just a question, what will Moto do for the hundreds of people who installed the soak and now can't go back to GB? I'm sure anyone on .211 will be fine if when they release the new diggs.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#36 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just a question, what will Moto do for the hundreds of people who installed the soak and now can't go back to GB? I'm sure anyone on .211 will be fine if when they release the new diggs.

Neither the leak nor official can go back to GB

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#37 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

I know that. I think you misunderstood what I meant.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#38 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

I know that. I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I think I understand what you mean. As in if the OTA is say 212 or 213, those of us that installed the leak or did soak will be off the upgrade path and will have to load the new build a different way then say those that are still on 181 and get pushed a new build as the OTA.
Posted Image

#39 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I think I understand what you mean. As in if the OTA is say 212 or 213, those of us that installed the leak or did soak will be off the upgrade path and will have to load the new build a different way then say those that are still on 181 and get pushed a new build as the OTA.

Being on .211 puts you back on the update path. Any update after that will be received.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#40 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

Being on .211 puts you back on the update path. Any update after that will be received.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. I honestly think 211 will be released to everyone as is and then there will be another update to correct the battery issues. I am making this assumption due to emails I have seen from moto. There were way too many people involved in testing for moto to scrap 211 and just jump to another build that we wouldn't be able to take.
My RAZR bleeds awesomeness!

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users