Photo

Motorola Droid Razr Hd Vs. Samsung Galaxy S Iii

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Motorola Droid Razr Hd Vs. Samsung Galaxy S Iii (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one will you get?

1. Voted Droid Razr HD (89 votes [86.41%])

Percentage of vote: 86.41%

2. Samsung Galaxy S II (14 votes [13.59%])

Percentage of vote: 13.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fbm111

fbm111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:fbm111

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

The only thing IMHO that hd has going for it is the battery life.

S3 has a removable battery but wish it had a stock 3300. But NFC is major selling point for me as well.

Even if moto bootloader unlocked still wouldn't have NFC. And too me any phone made now should have NFC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#22 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

think I'm going to pass on both and wait til the next round later this yr when it will be an actual upgrade to what i currently own. Neither of these 2 devices being discussed are much of an upgrade over a Maxx or Gnex which I already own. IMO it would be throwing good money after bad buying either of these to gain next to nothing really at the end of the day. Just my .02 tho

#23 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yeah I'm waiting out my 2 year contract. Who knows, something really good could be out in 2014 :P

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#24 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

16 HD's and 3 Samsung wait whats it called pfft
Posted Image

#25 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

think I'm going to pass on both and wait til the next round later this yr when it will be an actual upgrade to what i currently own. Neither of these 2 devices being discussed are much of an upgrade over a Maxx or Gnex which I already own. IMO it would be throwing good money after bad buying either of these to gain next to nothing really at the end of the day. Just my .02 tho

I have to agree. The Maxx is a great phone and development is just starting to take off.

#26 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well said! The ice breaker for me will be the radios!

deal breaker?

#27 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

I have to agree. The Maxx is a great phone and development is just starting to take off.

Yup yup

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#28 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

16 HD's and 3 Samsung wait whats it called pfft

Which means what?

#29 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

deal breaker?

Lol yes deal breaker if the radios suck I will sell it when I can get top $ for it. If its a good phone I may keep it as a spare. Who knows. I have a problem with buying new; phones haha

#30 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

I had an affair with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for a few weeks and I am never going back to Samsung.

I like having a radio that gets signal so my battery is not dead every time I wake up.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#31 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

I have been using my s3 for a few days and the call quality seems significantly better than on my maxx. Also the data is ROCK solid. Samsung knocked it out of the park with this one. The device is georgous also. Almost no bezel around the screen and feels great in hand.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

#32 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

Forgot to add... the battery life is fantastic on the galaxy. Almost as good as my maxx but doesnt get nearly as hot. The screen is amazing too.

#33 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

I agree. The two most used things for a phone, even a smartphone is calling and texting. I want to be able to get the best signal with a quality radio. Blur or no blur, I trust Moto with their radios more than any other phone I've had. If I had to choose..

HD. No contest. IDGAFrenchHorn about the new S-Voice crap.

Actually there was a report just released that shows that calling is ranked as the 5th most used activity on smartphones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#34 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

I have been using my s3 for a few days and the call quality seems significantly better than on my maxx. Also the data is ROCK solid. Samsung knocked it out of the park with this one. The device is georgous also. Almost no bezel around the screen and feels great in hand.

Must be nice to have one already. Mine won't be shipped until 10 July. :(
Stupid verizon and them always taking forever. :|

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Samsung, bleh.

#36 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

Must be nice to have one already. Mine won't be shipped until 10 July.
Stupid verizon and them always taking forever. :|

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

I said to hell with verizon. I am now tmobile and loving it.. I dont miss LTE in the least bit as I get good speeds with tmobile. They are also about $55 / month cheaper and I dont need to buy a phone outright to keep my data. Infact, its the opposite. If I buy a.phone outright I save ANOTHER $20/month lol.

#37 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

My plan with verizon was $129 per month and my plan with tmobile will be $65/month once I pay off my phone ($20/month for 20 months) so $85/ month right now. This is for two lines and I havent got my 15% discount yet.

#38 JDW

JDW

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

I'm a moto person, always have been. But this non-swap battery of my Maxx is a definitive bummer for me. The Samsung has a removeable battery? Nice plus for me.

#39 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

I went to check this phone out at sprint although I would be getting the verizon version if I decided to purchase but I was very disappointed in the screen brightness at full 100% brightness it was like my motorola razr maxx at 50% as I compared them side by side. This is wierd as the galaxy nexus was much brighter as well. The screen was too dim for me. I can't wait to see the hd.

#40 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

I dealt with the VZW GNex for five painful months. LOVED the openess and the development community for the GNex. Battery wasn't an issue, because I always carried two fully charged spares with me. But the horrible, horrible signal and call quality was an absolute killer. I went through three phones, three SIM cards, every kernel, ROM, and leaked radio trying to fix the issues, but I finally had enough.

I am by no means name brand loyal, but I have a bad taste in my mouth from the GNex debacle. I know some people had really good luck with the phone and radios, and I'm extremely jealous of them, but I had a really bad experience. I'm happy with my MAXX and my wife is happy with her RAZR and we won't be upgrading for a couple years, BUT if I HAD to choose between the two phones now, I would definitely go with the RAZR HD.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users