Big thanks to tucstwo got it working.cya guys

#82 Koneesha

Koneesha

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

you can't do ANYTHING to the stock "stock" rom, thats the whole concept of safestrap. Now, what you can do is flash a "stock" deodexed rom to your flashable side and them try and find a theme for that rom, just remember that once you switch sides for the first time you must flash a ROM to this side or the phone won't boot.

I see, would i be able to do a restore of my rom backup and put that on my nonsafe side?

I was wondering about this too. Is it possible to just do a restore from the orignal back up? I have tried this, and it doesn't seem to work as I just get the black screen when booted on safe mode. Is it possible to actually run a straight up restore on the safe side, or am i borking something up along the way?

#83 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

I was wondering about this too. Is it possible to just do a restore from the orignal back up? I have tried this, and it doesn't seem to work as I just get the black screen when booted on safe mode. Is it possible to actually run a straight up restore on the safe side, or am i borking something up along the way?

I'm gonna guess NO, because then there is no reason for safestrap in the first place, I believe (but i'm not certain) that if all you wanna do is flash something like beats audio or stuff like that then you just use bootstrap which actually puts things on the stock system. Just DON"T have both bootstrap and safestrap installed at the same time, that will f**k you up something crazy.

I will say again SAFESTRAP IS FOR FLASHING ROMs AND THINGS ONTO THOSE ROMs AND LEAVING THE STOCK SIDE ALONE

#84 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

OP, thread title and mirror has been updated for Safestrap 2.11 !!

#85 PolishPoet

PolishPoet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

I am unable to restore /data when trying to return to the unsafe side. Once I toggle to unsafe side it backups /data on safe side then errors out when it tries to restore /data. Memu goes back to the Toggle Menu. If I try it nagain it buggers up the unsafe side /data and the oly thing I seeme to be able to do is disable safestrap and try to restore the unsafe backup (it sometimes also fails at /data). What am I doing wrong or what can I do to prevent this from happeneing every time. So far it has been frustrating to try other ROMS. Also is there any way to put the /data to the ext SD rather than internal? Chewing that card up real quick.

Thanks

#86 PolishPoet

PolishPoet

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

Yes it is a few more steps and i bit more time consuming than BootStrap. But a hell of alot safer! If you flash something bad and screw up something. you can just disable safe system and boot right back into your non-safe side.And have a working phone that quick.

An
other thing I tried was to disable safestrap and reboot unsafe side, but the toggle seems to have buggered the /data and alot of my files are missing. I nhave just over 200 apps.

#87 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

An
other thing I tried was to disable safestrap and reboot unsafe side, but the toggle seems to have buggered the /data and alot of my files are missing. I nhave just over 200 apps.

Pretty sure you have ran out of space on your internal sdcard (emmc). SS uses the internal storage for the /data backups and that cannot be changed. If you have 200 apps, I can imagine your /data is probably pushing 1gig in size. Which means you would need at least 2gig free on you internal side before you ever make the first swap. When you swapped from non-safe to safe the backup failed for lack of space and now cannot restore since it's only a partial backup.

Edit: I almost always make a manual backup to my external sdcard prior to swapping systems, just in case.Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#88 Rich_L

Rich_L

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Great guide really helpful - thanks! Had a bit of a n00b moment then realised of course I hadn't rooted my device yet - doh! Thanks again for making this guide

#89 tula

tula

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

want to ask ...

just installed yesterday the safestrap 2.11
and installed simpex on safe system, all succeded

but today i have somethin to do with my injected cdma number (i'm in indonesia, so my cdma number must be injected), so I must access BPTOOLS

so i turn off my xt912, power + vol up + vol down, chooshing BPTOOLS ..... after that i'm prompted @ cwmrecovery, it's rather weird

is it true that after using safestrap, we can't accessing BPTOOLS ?

thankx :)

#90 quadjacks

quadjacks

THE 4 of us!

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Twitter:@quadjacks
  • LocationFort Drum, NY
  • Current Device(s):Maxx HD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Safestrap has been updated to Beta Release v3.04

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any FAA meetings in my area? Flash Addicts Anonymous~God is Luv~

#91 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Safestrap has been updated to v3.04

should be noted that is a BETA release.

#92 kingrazr

kingrazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

I know its here somewhere but cannot find it. I am on safestrap 2.0 and want to update it to 2.11, what is the proccess I need to go in order for me to do that? Download file then flash?

#93 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

I know its here somewhere but cannot find it. I am on safestrap 2.0 and want to update it to 2.11, what is the proccess I need to go in order for me to do that? Download file then flash?

what I read on the actual safestrap sites instructions was to go to your safe side (stock side), open safestrap app and uninstall recovery (in the app), then go into your app manager and uninstall the app itself then install the new app, open it and "install recovery", you know what just read thru this

#94 iwinchell

iwinchell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

hmm, interesting, not sure what the deal is, i followed the instructions and everything seemed good, but when i went to flash the rom and got Cant open (bad) checked the zip, seems fine, oh well, guess ill try again later unless anybody has any ideas, this isnt my first flash, i have done a bunch of nook tablets, recently to cm10, weird, i guess ill download again and try again later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users