#41 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

What happens if you restore device id in TiBu?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#42 Sirius

Sirius

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

My backups are around 1.75 GB in size, seems a little large. Anyone else confirm what they are getting.

#43 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

My backups are around 1.75 GB in size, seems a little large. Anyone else confirm what they are getting.

Mine is around 330 MB. Are you including web top? Its not needed on ICS

#44 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

Backups are relative to the number and size of the apps you've installed and the associated data.

My data.ext3.tar is about 1gb, system.ext3.tar is about 300mb.

#45 Sirius

Sirius

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

W

Yeah, was including web top and primary system..Did another backup without those, pretty much stock artic214, and size drop to little over 500mb.
Now,
data.ext3 218kb
system.ext3 313kb

#46 schollianmj

schollianmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ok, I am running Stock OTA .211 rooted. I downloaded teh APK from the op here and installed it. Installed Busybox, rebooted, opened Safestrap and installed recovery. Booted into recovery, backed up rom, and then tried to enable safe mode... I get an error while restoring data and it fails out with out enabling safe mode. what can I try next?
Razr Maxx OTA, Rooted, Probably have some random ROM installled...

#47 schollianmj

schollianmj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

ok, just wiped everything completely, used matts utility 1.7 to install safestrap.. this is getting ridiculous... I just want to be able to go back to playing with different ROM's... On a side note I just cleaned up my SD card, I had only about 4g free, now I have just over 7. Doubt that matters, but what the hey... It might.

Edit: Just read Hash-Of-Codes blog and realized I still had Safestrap files on EMMC.... deleted those and did NOT allow any of my apps to install so this time if its a space issue that is stopping me hopefully it wont rear its head again. if not, it is margarita time. Things are always more fun post-margarita.

Edit again... and that worked... guess having 63 apps installed and 4 gigs free emmc just wasnt cutting it. its rocking now. See, Post Margarita!
Razr Maxx OTA, Rooted, Probably have some random ROM installled...

#48 nate4488

nate4488

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

So will your internal memory be shared between the safe and unsafe side as far as pictures, ringtones, and music or will u have to put those on your external SD and copy them over to ur safe side in order to get the same pics tones and music on the safe side as i do on my nonsafe side?

#49 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

So will your internal memory be shared between the safe and unsafe side as far as pictures, ringtones, and music or will u have to put those on your external SD and copy them over to ur safe side in order to get the same pics tones and music on the safe and unsafe side?

All your media is available on both safe and non-safe sides.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#50 nate4488

nate4488

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Ok and will wiping data or formatting system do anything to the internal memory?

#51 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:27 PM

Ok and will wiping data or formatting system do anything to the internal memory?

The only thing that affects internal memory is fastbooting.

#52 nate4488

nate4488

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

The only thing that affects internal memory is fastbooting.

Thanks

#53 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

All your media is available on both safe and non-safe sides.

What about things like text messages and contacts?

Which there was a thread like this back when I first installed safestrap on my .181 GB, I had no idea what I was doing there and freaked out after switching to the other side and my phone wouldn't boot, but I was able to reach AP fastboot and use matt's 1.6 to fastboot back to stock back then. Sometimes I'm glad the bootloaders are locked as it makes it extra hard to really screw something up. Now with 1.8 utility available and safestrap instructions it's time to get a good charge on this phone and have some fun.

Also thanks for explaining why I was just getting a black screen when booting into safestrap just now, will wait for phone to charge up all the way and finally get that Beats Audio up and going on ICS, now that I "know" what to do.

#54 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

What about things like text messages and contacts?

Text messages are not shared. You would need to back them up and restore them between sides. Be aware, most text message backup apps only backup SMS, not MMS. You will lose pics and vids if you use one of those. If you are using your Google account, your contacts are stored in the cloud and automatically sync'd on each side.

#55 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Every time I flash a ROM, the instructions for that ROM say to Wipe Dalvik Cache. Every time I try to do so it tells me Error:unknown directory (or something) "/sd-ex" or something to that matter and then says wipe complete. Is it wipeing my Dalvik cache?
  • lpulle likes this

#56 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

this is probably a stupid question, but does it matter what order you do these steps in:

Wipe Data/Factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvick Cache
and Format System

I only ask because they seem to be a different sequence depending on who made the ROM.

#57 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

this is probably a stupid question, but does it matter what order you do these steps in:

Wipe Data/Factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvick Cache
and Format System

I only ask because they seem to be a different sequence depending on who made the ROM.

Doesn't make a difference, but if you do the factory reset you can skip the cache and dalvik wipes. FDR does that for you.

#58 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'm on OTA CDMA Verizon ICS...Do I need to install Gapps in order to get Safestrap? Because I was going to use the Eclipse ROM. I tried installing the APK and it installs successfully, but when I try to run it, it says "Unfortunately Safestrap has stopped."

Is it because I don't have Gapps? if so...where do I get it?

#59 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

I'm on OTA CDMA Verizon ICS...Do I need to install Gapps in order to get Safestrap? Because I was going to use the Eclipse ROM. I tried installing the APK and it installs successfully, but when I try to run it, it says "Unfortunately Safestrap has stopped."

Is it because I don't have Gapps? if so...where do I get it?

You need to be rooted first. If you already are then you need to install busybox.

#60 White

White

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Guys on. 215 busybox installed all permissions set now phone reboots to eye no matter which option i choose' menu or search button. Any ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users