59 replies to this topic

#1 pltctytc

pltctytc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

since there's no going back for now to gb
ics imo is less versatile than gb 181. being on 181 for only a couple weeks i found gb easier to use and read
but thats me...

i wanna go back!!!

#2 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Less versatile how? I absolutely adore ICS on my RAZR.

#3 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

ICS Rocks!! I never wanna go back!! I never got good 4g at my house on GB....since I've been .211 i get 4 bars 4g now at home.

#4 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Razrx v1.2 rocked for a gb rom. Miss that rom

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#5 DonDraper

DonDraper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

since there's no going back for now to gb
ics imo is less versatile than gb 181. being on 181 for only a couple weeks i found gb easier to use and read
but thats me...

i wanna go back!!!

You are loco. There's only ONE bad thing about ICS. It's that I can't long press on the screen and add a widget anymore. That's it.

#6 tkjross

tkjross

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationClemson,South Carolina

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

My battery life sucks now that I'm on ICS. I also can't turn off 4g like I could before to save my battery and I miss the Task Manager that was on it.

#7 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I love ICS. My battery life has improved. I have a Maxx so it was awesome already. I hate that you can't long press for the widget anymore. Just grab a 3rd party launcher and then you will be able to. And how is it less versatile? I find it more. So much more functionality. I think you need to explore the benefits of ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • larrygeary and biggiesmalls657 like this
If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#8 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

You are loco. There's only ONE bad thing about ICS. It's that I can't long press on the screen and add a widget anymore. That's it.

+1

My battery life sucks now that I'm on ICS. I also can't turn off 4g like I could before to save my battery and I miss the Task Manager that was on it.

there is an app on the play store i cant remember the name it right now

I love ICS. My battery life has improved. I have a Maxx so it was awesome already. I hate that you can't long press for the widget anymore. Just grab a 3rd party launcher and then you will be able to. And how is it less versatile? I find it more. So much more functionality. I think you need to explore the benefits of ICS.

+1
  • projoe likes this

#9 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

"phone info" is the app to use.

#10 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

ICS Rocks!! I never wanna go back!! I never got good 4g at my house on GB....since I've been .211 i get 4 bars 4g now at home.

It is funny, my phone shows lower bars now with ICS than it did on GB. The DB levels are still the same but the bars display lower for the same DB level. I compared both my Razr Maxx's side by side one with ICS and one with GB. I looked at the GB phone before I upgraded and then right after in the exact same position. The DB level was still the same but it showed less bars. This was the same for both phones so I know it isn't just something wrong with one of them. The bars don't really matter anyway since it is just a gauge to show you the signal strength.

As far as ICS goes, overall I like it better. There are a couple of things that I liked better on ICS but overall it is an improvement.
  • Johnny5droids likes this

#11 projoe

projoe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Widgetsoid makes a widget to toggle data

#12 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

ICS is such a tremendous improvement over GB, I don't have any reason to want to go back at all.
Posted Image

#13 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Are you using the stock launcher? You can still do that & more with

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

!
  • jw0914 likes this

#14 STLRampage

STLRampage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

I use go launcher so I'm still able to long press for widgets.

#15 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Are you using the stock launcher? You can still do that & more with

!

QFT APEX FTW!

#16 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

ics is awesome. the only thing i dont like is how it dropped my signal on 3G from 5bars to 2bars. it definitely had an effect on signal. i hope they push out an update for it soon. it also seems to be draining my battery a lot quicker even with 4g off all the time as i only use 4g when i tether and that isn't too often.

#17 King Lo

King Lo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

It is funny, my phone shows lower bars now with ICS than it did on GB. The DB levels are still the same but the bars display lower for the same DB level. I compared both my Razr Maxx's side by side one with ICS and one with GB. I looked at the GB phone before I upgraded and then right after in the exact same position. The DB level was still the same but it showed less bars. This was the same for both phones so I know it isn't just something wrong with one of them. The bars don't really matter anyway since it is just a gauge to show you the signal strength.

As far as ICS goes, overall I like it better. There are a couple of things that I liked better on ICS but overall it is an improvement.

Read this and I think you'll understand.

#18 tkjross

tkjross

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationClemson,South Carolina

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Widgetsoid makes a widget to toggle data

Thanks for the info. I will check this out.

"phone info" is the app to use.

Thanks for the info. I will check this out.

#19 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Those with issues you just upgraded from 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 and that is a major upgrade. Wipe your data and start from scratch ;)

#20 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

ics is awesome. the only thing i dont like is how it dropped my signal on 3G from 5bars to 2bars. it definitely had an effect on signal. i hope they push out an update for it soon. it also seems to be draining my battery a lot quicker even with 4g off all the time as i only use 4g when i tether and that isn't too often.

Forget what the bars show for signal they are absolutely meaningless in all honesty. you need to look at the actual dB reading to know what it is doing. As for battery get use to it. ICS does in fact use more battery then prior Android versions. don't get me wrong its gotten better since the early days but it does still use more. Hell when I got my Gnex which was prior to public release the first version of ICS I couldn't even barely get 7hrs out of the battery before it was dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users