[ROM][4.4][Kit-Kat[PURE AOSP][XT907]{Updated 12/9/13}

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#181 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

agreed and understood.

just thought of 2 other things - they may or may not be bugs (and certainly not deal-breakers):
1.) I used to be able to copy a copy ringtone (mp3 format) from my external_sd to the system/media/ringtones directory, and use that ringtone. however, when applying this ringtone on 4.4, the sound is just a blip rather than the full soundbyte.

2.) e-mail/text notification LED is white instead of green (facebook is normal at blue, and battery is normal at red) - so I'm not sure if this is intended (since the status bar icons have changed from blue to white), or if the color code was not setup properly (not really sure where to change it without using a 3rd party app). also, I would like to be able to figure out how to turn off the LED while charging - don't really need that constant notification

otherwise, thanks to your format camera fix, the ext-sd card writing fix, adding in the official kitkat boot, and adding in the accurate battery mod - I'm at good spot (so long as the battery is able to hold up).

to answer your first point.. and maybe help you with this... you dont need to move your mp3 to system/media/ringtones that would require you to make it an .obb file and its a hassle to do.. what you can do instead is make a folder in you external SD named ringtones and put whatever you want in there and the phone should recognise it..

and the LED for now best thing to do is use a 3rd party app... i thought i saw somewhere LED setting but i cant find it anymore.. hahaha nor i can find developer options in the settings hahaha.. but if you have them and you see LED in there just turn the light to black and should turn it off all together and use 3rd party apps to set LED for those you want to have an LED.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#182 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

MMS works but video doesn't. Everything else works

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

MMS works but video doesn't on Pure AOSP? I thought it was like that on CM11.

again guys read previous post so we dont have redundancy... MMS work for some and do not work for others... video play just fine never had an issue unless it did in latest build. im still in 11/08/2013 build 

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#183 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M, Nook HD+

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks. That's what I was trying to clarify. I'm clear on the variability if MMS but I thought video was solid.

Also to clarify, early on in thus thread Tim referred everyone to DHacker's build. Are we to us the link in the OP or the link several posts down?

#184 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

ok many of you use launcher as default with active google now... so you can say "ok google" and it will automaticly open google voice search... which is a cool feature... the only bad thing about it is that since the mic is always in use apps like shazam, sound search, and other music id apps wont work because mic is used by google now.

if that is something you like to have because you are a music junky but have no brains for song titles like my self... use launcher3 as default or a 3rd party launcher that way you free microphone and save a little battery since google now wont be constantly syncing 

• will the mic be fix to work both with google now and other apps?... maybe who know
  • will i lose google now if i use 3rd party launcher or launcer3? no you will have it but like you used to in previous android versions you had to manually enable it by clicking search bar or the mic on it
  • is launcher and launcher3 much different?... no only difference i spotted was google now being one of the pages in home screen
  • i have always used apex/or some other 3rd party launcher would i be better off using them instead? well that is your choice, i personally do because they offer much more customizations themes and such.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#185 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks. That's what I was trying to clarify. I'm clear on the variability if MMS but I thought video was solid.

Also to clarify, early on in thus thread Tim referred everyone to DHacker's build. Are we to us the link in the OP or the link several posts down?

the OP link is builds that tucstwo and tim are working on... trying to fix and maintain... so you likely to see all patches and fixes included in those builds.. dhacker in the other hand is the original build but he dont update much unless there is major fixes... keep in mind he maintains like 10+ devices so he cant/wont keep up with all.. fact is he mostly work on flagship devices and we are just lucky we are so closely related to Droid Razr HD (xt926)

• jco23 and Rob626 like this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#186 Calbrs04

Calbrs04

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

ok many of you use launcher as default with active google now... so you can say "ok google" and it will automaticly open google voice search... which is a cool feature... the only bad thing about it is that since the mic is always in use apps like shazam, sound search, and other music id apps wont work because mic is used by google now.

if that is something you like to have because you are a music junky but have no brains for song titles like my self... use launcher3 as default or a 3rd party launcher that way you free microphone and save a little battery since google now wont be constantly syncing 

• will the mic be fix to work both with google now and other apps?... maybe who know
  • will i lose google now if i use 3rd party launcher or launcer3? no you will have it but like you used to in previous android versions you had to manually enable it by clicking search bar or the mic on it
  • is launcher and launcher3 much different?... no only difference i spotted was google now being one of the pages in home screen
  • i have always used apex/or some other 3rd party launcher would i be better off using them instead? well that is your choice, i personally do because they offer much more customizations themes and such.

I think this only happens on this build or aosp. When I hit soundsearch on my N7 Google now mic turns off and after its done with the search it turns back on.

#187 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Bit the bullet and wiped and flashed as per OP but used DHacker's gapps. Most stuff works but Calendar won't sync. Tells me Google svcs are unavailable but email and contacts do sync. Camera appears in aop list with ROM ToolboxPro and short cut appears on lock screen, but it doesn't show up in app drawer. I've cleared dalvik and cache several times and reflashed Gapps. Any other ideas? Edit: installed Google Calendar from play store. That worked. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#188 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Bit the bullet and wiped and flashed as per OP but used DHacker's gapps. Most stuff works but Calendar won't sync. Tells me Google svcs are unavailable but email and contacts do sync. Camera appears in aop list with ROM ToolboxPro and short cut appears on lock screen, but it doesn't show up in app drawer. I've cleared dalvik and cache several times and reflashed Gapps. Any other ideas? Edit: installed Google Calendar from play store. That worked. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

if you read previous posts there are patches for those issues.. also your bookmarks from chrome if you use chrome on your computer dont sync either... camera bug must be something new in latest build of rom.. i seen others reporting same... im still on first build. if you like to have first build and patch it up like i have done.. so camera and all work...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• motoroid7 and Rob626 like this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#189 Rob626

Rob626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationRoswell, GA

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

I recall seeing SD card and front facing camera patches but not others. I'll look again. Thx OK. I see a few more links in post 114. Missed those the first few times. I also tried the Moto X camera. Forgot to add that. Didn't work. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#190 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

here's something I found - not sure if it is a bug or not though.  when the phone is set to silent mode, it vibrates for all notifications (not just the ones I set to vibrate).  I recall there being a way to disable this on stock, but I'm having trouble locating it on this ROM.  I do want it to vibrate when I receve e-mails/texts, just not for other notifications such as game turns, etc.  the vibration is very slight though - especially when compared to a vibration from e-mail/text, so it's not a major concern.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#191 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

trying to incorporate the 4.3 camera in rom.. hahaha did something who knows what... lost playback from youtube... and didnt have a back up.. hahaha deleted it by mistake... now i got to start all over... this is exactly why we ask you guys to keep back ups... just sharing with all of you that even us "experienced people" make mistakes and at times got to scrap it all up and start over.

So please people have a backup when you want try something new.

• Rob626 likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#192 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

FYI, and possibly mentioned elsewhere. According to the Motorola website, the RazrM is scheduled to get official KitKat.

#193 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

FYI, and possibly mentioned elsewhere. According to the Motorola website, the RazrM is scheduled to get official KitKat.

Yup. Those binaries will definitely help

Sent from my xt-907 using Tapatalk

#194 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Awesome. Nice catch man.! Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Motorola Droid Razr M

#195 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

That should make for some 4.4 development. Wonder if it would be OK to take the ota and still be fine to backup and restore custom ROMs.

#196 TheCheeze

TheCheeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I spy with my little eyes some experimental roms from tim?

XT907 included! I am prepping to feed my crack... i mean flashing... addiction as we speak!

• motoroid7 likes this

#197 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

I spy with my little eyes some experimental roms from tim?

XT907 included! I am prepping to feed my crack... i mean flashing... addiction as we speak!

If you plan on flashing the experimental builds I'm sure more than just myself would be interested in your findings. I'm using the 11/08 build to have a working camera and applies the patches/fixes to get SD/front-facing camera fix/sync fix.

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

#198 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

trying to incorporate the 4.3 camera in rom.. hahaha did something who knows what... lost playback from youtube... and didnt have a back up.. hahaha deleted it by mistake... now i got to start all over... this is exactly why we ask you guys to keep back ups... just sharing with all of you that even us "experienced people" make mistakes and at times got to scrap it all up and start over.

So please people have a backup when you want try something new.

Well, I DID have a backup... until I accidently clicked the box to wipe the SD Card... AGAIN!!! Stupid Option. I cannot think of a single reason to have that available in Recovery, or at least THAT available. GRRRRRRR!!!!

#199 TheCheeze

TheCheeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

If you plan on flashing the experimental builds I'm sure more than just myself would be interested in your findings. I'm using the 11/08 build to have a working camera and applies the patches/fixes to get SD/front-facing camera fix/sync fix.

I didn't keep it flashed very long, but once I find a feature I like I am willing to sacrifice others to keep it.

The test build is an OSE ROM built on 4.4, not a test version of the rom in this thread.

The camera appeared to work all the way around, but it was the apex launcher. I did a mostly-dirty flash (yes I am terrible) and was left with an unusable Google Now search bar in the middle of the homescreen. I also appear to be having an issue (possibly TWRP-related since that is when it started?) with not being able to write to my externalSD even in recovery mode. Am not sure if that is the same "known bug" but it doesn't seem like it would be.

I went back to my CM11 build backup because as an avid motorcycle rider one of my most appreciated features is the touchless voice commands which the OSE 4.4 build seems to be lacking.

Again, my apologies for not playing around with it too much, was really glad that the camera worked and disappointed that I couldn't do a TiBU of it (4.4 keeps whining about insufficient space with TiBU despite having 2.5 gigs free on both rom builds?) as no camera is my big disappointment of the CM11 build.

Keep up the good work devs and I will be happy to poke around and flash everything I see until I find the perfect build for me :)

#200 motoroid7

motoroid7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:motoroid7
  • LocationBloomington, Indiana
  • Current Device(s):RAZR M

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

I didn't keep it flashed very long, but once I find a feature I like I am willing to sacrifice others to keep it.

The test build is an OSE ROM built on 4.4, not a test version of the rom in this thread.

The camera appeared to work all the way around, but it was the apex launcher. I did a mostly-dirty flash (yes I am terrible) and was left with an unusable Google Now search bar in the middle of the homescreen. I also appear to be having an issue (possibly TWRP-related since that is when it started?) with not being able to write to my externalSD even in recovery mode. Am not sure if that is the same "known bug" but it doesn't seem like it would be.

I went back to my CM11 build backup because as an avid motorcycle rider one of my most appreciated features is the touchless voice commands which the OSE 4.4 build seems to be lacking.

Again, my apologies for not playing around with it too much, was really glad that the camera worked and disappointed that I couldn't do a TiBU of it (4.4 keeps whining about insufficient space with TiBU despite having 2.5 gigs free on both rom builds?) as no camera is my big disappointment of the CM11 build.

Keep up the good work devs and I will be happy to poke around and flash everything I see until I find the perfect build for me :)

Well thanks for the input you could give. It was appreciated. :-)

Twitter: @motoroid7

ADN: @seven07

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users