• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#281 mastnacek

mastnacek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Holy snap! This combined with gravitybox makes this ROM perfect! I finally have all the tweaks i want to compliment this great ROM.
I highly recommend for everyone.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Do you have in camera option to set 6mpx?

#282 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

Do you have in camera option to set 6mpx?

I see 8,5,3,2,1.3,1,VGA,qvga.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#283 savor13

savor13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Before I go down that rabbit hole, any tips on how to use the xposed framework to workout the sdcard, And any other kinks you have found.
Thank you to all those who have worked built and tested this rom to no end so guys like me can jump into an amazing rom!

#284 slogar25

slogar25

• Superuser
  • 43 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

Interesting things guys. It appears that upon booting into recovery, my external sdcard has been completely erased. All is lost! Not sure if it was a ROM issue(although unlikely) or my sdcard is failing. Any thoughts?   Running latest TWRP and OSE build AOSP 4.4 11/26. Update. Failed sdcard. I guess flash memory can only take so much
Motorola Droid Razr M

#285 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Before I go down that rabbit hole, any tips on how to use the xposed framework to workout the sdcard, And any other kinks you have found.
Thank you to all those who have worked built and tested this rom to no end so guys like me can jump into an amazing rom!

sure.

my steps (after making a nandroid of my current setup):

downloaded TWRP 2.6.3.0, ROM, GApps, and SuperSU as per the op

installed Flashify from playstore

flashed TWRP 2.6.3.0 via flashify

rebooted recovery

mounted system

advanced wipe (selected Cache, Dalvik, System, Internal Storage, Data/Factory Reset)

reboot recovery (selected do NOT update Superuser)

installed ROM, then GApps, then SuperSu

rebooted system

to get save to external_sd working, see this link: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to get XPOSED Framework installed, see this link: 

to get Gravitybox installed, see this link: 

Gravitybox offers a lot of customization (power menu mod, statusbar tweaks, etc), included getting the Camera to save to external_sd.  however, as I mentioned in another post, this can be solved by linking your "camera" folder from your external_sd folder to the sdcard folder

• Noigel and ykempire like this

#286 savor13

savor13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

Jco23 thanks for the great write up. It took me 6 tries to finally get it working. My MMS and gapps kept FCing after installing xposed/gravitybox. Not sure why it is working now. I can't see anything in the download section of xposed. However MMS (via 8sms app) and all other basic funtionality work.

#287 Noigel

Noigel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Ivano-Frankivs`k
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M XT907 / Motorola Razr I XT890

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:00 AM

Jco23 thanks for the great write up. It took me 6 tries to finally get it working. My MMS and gapps kept FCing after installing xposed/gravitybox. Not sure why it is working now. I can't see anything in the download section of xposed. However MMS (via 8sms app) and all other basic funtionality work.

I flashed

- everything works fine! You can try it, Sir!! 

Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 / ROM: KitStalk by GraberRoms

post-103018-0-11429500-1388984908_thumb.

#288 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

well this ROM has been one of best i tried in long time.. adding to it all the fixes and now supported by xposed framework made it just that much better. but here is another mod to maybe take it a step further; by ODEXING your rom you will get better battery, faster boots and just over all improvement. you can find how to

and no need to worry about the ability to customize. he wrote the script in a way you can still do most customs

With These Explanation You Can Understand That:
Odexed Rom = +fast -no_customization +more_battery_life +better_stability +less_ram_utilization
Deodexed Rom = -slow +customization -less_battery_life -less_stability -worse_ram_manager

(BUT:
!!! Odexed Rom With My Tool = +fast +NO_LESS_CUSTOMIZATION +more_battery_life +better_stability +less_ram_utilization !!!)(if you run my script with remove classes.dex and zipalign disabled)

As you all well know i dont have my XT907 so please someone  test this. I HAVE TESTED IT ON HTC ONE M7 VERIZON RUNNING KITKAT ROM. so it should work but do a backup before just in case.

• Rob626 likes this

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#289 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

the download section should list what is installed (needs updating), and not installed.  I only downloaded Pictures2SD from Xposed.  I downloaded and install GB separately.

glad you finally got it working though (worked great for me right off the bat).

but this ROM with Xposed/GB is perfect for me right now.  even battery life is stock-like.

#290 Luke24

Luke24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid, Droid X, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid razr Maxx Hd, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

My home button doesn't work. Any suggestions?

#291 kpsullzz

kpsullzz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:33 PM

I am on dhackers gummy and my home button as well as dial do not work and reboot doesn't solve it..I'll try a re flash and report

#292 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

My home button doesn't work. Any suggestions?

I am on dhackers gummy and my home button as well as dial do not work and reboot doesn't solve it..I'll try a re flash and report

i have no problem with the home button (on either the 11/8 or latest builds) - but would need more details (examples) of what you mean to see if I can help.

#293 kpsullzz

kpsullzz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

i have no problem with the home button (on either the 11/8 or latest builds) - but would need more details (examples) of what you mean to see if I can help.

The home button has no functionality at all you can't go home with home button and same goes for dialer in phone. The nexus 4 update is said to have same issue. A re flash did not help nor do reboots

#294 seaner5

seaner5

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

#295 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

The home button has no functionality at all you can't go home with home button and same goes for dialer in phone. The nexus 4 update is said to have same issue. A re flash did not help nor do reboots

I am on the dhacker gummy build and home key didn't work. Go to navbar settings and create a link to the launcher through apps. On it now and working well since I replaced the home button. This not the 118 aosp build. MMS works in the 122 build.

I've never used dhacker's build, just the ones posted here (I know that tim sourced it, but still).  have you tried the 11/26 build?  what launcher are you using?  any add-ons?  I only have the stock google now launcher.

have you tried clearing the google now settings/cache?

#296 kpsullzz

kpsullzz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

I've never used dhacker's build, just the ones posted here (I know that tim sourced it, but still). have you tried the 11/26 build? what launcher are you using? any add-ons? I only have the stock google now launcher.

have you tried clearing the google now settings/cache?

Yeah it was a fresh install of his 12/2 or 12/3 idk his latest one but it was Google now launcher and the only way to get home was back out and I went to phone app and the dialer button would lag the app then not do anything but would respond just not go to dialer. I will install this one later and also try gummy again and clear cache for Google now. I also tried installing gapps after an initial boot to no avail.

#297 hecksagon

hecksagon

Was a newb once...

• Superuser
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFreeport, IL
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy Note 3

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

Yeah it was a fresh install of his 12/2 or 12/3 idk his latest one but it was Google now launcher and the only way to get home was back out and I went to phone app and the dialer button would lag the app then not do anything but would respond just not go to dialer. I will install this one later and also try gummy again and clear cache for Google now. I also tried installing gapps after an initial boot to no avail. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Also ART isn't available in developer options on Gummy if that matters to you.

#298 skuppej

skuppej

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Loving this rom so far. Works very well on ART coupled with some tweaks and essential apps.

SuperSU, Busybox, Xposed framework, Gravitybox, Rom Manager, Android Tweaker 2, Seeder, Apex Launcher, Adaway, Greenify w/ all experimental features..

I've disabled/frozen/greenified a lot of things and I can keep this running for almost two days with pretty decent usage on a charge. Not using Google Now or OK Google yet

If you want status notification togges, use Widgetsoid. I'm not a huge fan of the swtich to Tiles.

Still can't ever get better benchmarks than stock though! ?

#299 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

For more efficient support...come join our G+ community.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#300 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Updated by me on behalf of Tim, tonight! :)

• timpohladthomas likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users