What are my options?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I know but Motorola are so strict with the bootloader! I think I have it all figured out now, just have to wait for my linux distro to reinstall on my dev computer and I hope I will have root

I hope you make it happen... we all need as much help as we can get on this device.. hope you also find a way to unlock the bootloader based on the previous method... i know i know i been called a dreamer...  :wacko:

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#22 Olliemarriott

Olliemarriott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Well I bricked my phone in the process but found a way around it so I am back on track, having a family day today. This method will in no way be a one click!

#23 rootedgranny64

rootedgranny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic xt875

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

I tried doing it didn't hurt anything but keeps trying to update now grrr

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#24 boleyd

boleyd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Device(s):Motorola XT907

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I have a Driod XT907  98.18.78. Need to get off Verizon (will pay remaining 12 mo.) and their very high prices. I have checked every UnLock Service I can find on the web but as soon as I say XT907 and/or Verizon their web sites say that they cannot unlock it. Even tried one in the UK and after 2 days their expert said he could not unlock it.

I have looked at the jumble of confusing terminology and the method of doing an unlock via a program on your PC. If I felt there was no danger I would give that a try. However, I have a 64bit Windows and that begins the weird stuff. Apparently if you make a mistake in the arcane process you could be without an operating phone.

So, has anyone found an unlock service that will, for a fee, unlock a:

Motorola RAZR DROID XT907 98.18.78   Carrier=Verizon

shlong

#25 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

As far as rendering your device useless by making a mistake in the process, that is a risk you have to be willing to accept anytime you make ANY modifications to your device..... as far as carrier unlocking, there is only one process that I know of for the xt907 (and xt926)...... (and its not 100% guaranteed)..... RadioComm .... you will need to search on XDA for it (that's the only place I've EVER seen it)........

"May the Schwartz be with you!!"

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#26 boleyd

boleyd

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
  • Current Device(s):Motorola XT907

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thanks, I sort of arrived at the same conclusion. Rather than risk creating a dead phone it wiill go on eBay and the money used toward a cheaper, less capeable phone, but one I can easily unlock. I keep my PC one generation back (saves $) so it is time to take the same step with Verizon. Their biggest profit generator is wireless and that is very understandable. My savings will pay for the horrid cancellation fee (12 months).

#27 Olliemarriott

Olliemarriott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

So I still haven't figure out a way to root this damn phone! Everything I try keeps failing!

#28 Spey

Spey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

We need someone to figure this out ... Appreciate your continued efforts!

Sent from my XT907

#29 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

You guys could just roll the dice and report a problem with your phone and hope an unlockable one comes your way. Also they're are unlocked phones for sale used just have to Google it. Also with the new 4.4 coming our way it more likely a root method will be developed for that.

#30 Olliemarriott

Olliemarriott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I tried to claim that the new update was blocking my companies apps from functioning correctly and asked if they could roll me back (playing dumb) they said they couldn't, then I asked for a new device and they said NO! I got the damn thing the same day the update came out! ARGH!!!!

#31 Spey

Spey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Someolddude, where have you seen/read that 4.4 is coming for XT907 Razr-M?

Sent from my XT907

#32 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Someolddude, where have you seen/read that 4.4 is coming for XT907 Razr-M?

Sent from my XT907

Yes that had been announced yesterday

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#33 tcx00

tcx00

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

hey still any updates on how to unlock the bootloader on the xt907?
or is it goignto get kitkat from VZ?

and which other phones could i purchase with similar specs cheap hopefully that will allow me to root it ?

#34 rootedgranny64

rootedgranny64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Current Device(s):droid bionic xt875

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

We will get kit kat idk when though

#35 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

We will get kit kat idk when though

I wouldn't hold your breath on unlocking the BL on any of the updated system versions. 4.4 probably isn't too far out.  It's already come to the X, so I would expect our devices to be shortly behind. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#36 Olliemarriott

Olliemarriott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

If for some weird reason people were hoping that I would find an exploit:

I gave up because 4.4 will be with us in the next few months so it is pointless for me to carry on with the mission.

#37 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

I am getting really pissed off with motorola, why do they insist on making such pieces of crap that you can't do anything with! AHHH GRRRR!!!!

You know what irritates me? People who decide that a phone is a piece of crap because they can't figure out how to make it do something. The Razr M is a great phone. Just because you had the misfortune of getting one that is not unlockable does not make it less so.

You know WHY these phones get locked down so tightly? It's not just so the vendors can load them up with bloat, although that's certainly a bad side-effect. They get locked down because so many people abuse the heck out of the unlocked ones and destroy them and then try to defraud the company or companies involved into giving them another one for free. Want to know why anything that used to be free or inexpensive isn't any more? That's why.

• RikRong likes this

#38 majarman

majarman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Also Verizon.

Also, read up on Motorola's new policy on Dev edition phones. Pretty great if you ask me. They're even affordable. Moto is actually playing the game right this time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#39 eanes_87

eanes_87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Just traded my bionic for this RAZR m with 98.30.1, had no clue I couldn't root it. So I'm basically stuck with a non-rootable device. If there is any progress please keep this updated :)

#40 Olliemarriott

Olliemarriott

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

You know what irritates me? People who decide that a phone is a piece of crap because they can't figure out how to make it do something. The Razr M is a great phone. Just because you had the misfortune of getting one that is not unlockable does not make it less so.

Actually, I beg to differ:

The first droid razr M I had caught fire within 3 days of owning it and I have had 6 replacement handsets in a year... Various defects from batteries severely overheating to microphones dying. I like what Motorola do for the most part but in my (and it only seems to be mine) experience, the devices have been terrible, this may be because all but the original were factory refurbished however this to me is still a Motorola problem.

My samsung galaxy s2 has been just as great as the day I bought it for 4 years now.

I have to say that I will never own another Motorola device as I do not like what I have found in my own experience but everyone has an opinion right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users