#21 IP IHI II IL

IP IHI II IL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

WTH happened to your screen, dude?!

Did you buy that RAZR from the guy who put it in his back pocket before getting on a rollercoaster?!
:D

Thanks for the link man, I've noticed a few issues in 214, like big game downloads just quitting, not even FC'ing, just going back to the home screen, also TiB can't get permissions... I'm trying to gerryrig the games, but if I can't get TiB working, I'm reverting...

#22 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Did you buy that RAZR from the guy who put it in his back pocket before getting on a rollercoaster?!

Thanks for the link man, I've noticed a few issues in 214, like big game downloads just quitting, not even FC'ing, just going back to the home screen, also TiB can't get permissions... I'm trying to gerryrig the games, but if I can't get TiB working, I'm reverting...

That's not a RAZR :P It's his cheesecaking device lol Proff is the menu button. I'll give you a like if you can tell me what device he's using. Hint: Everyone hates it. Lol

Sent From My Semi-Stock Droid RAZR Using Tapatalk 2 Beta 69

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#23 IP IHI II IL

IP IHI II IL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

That's not a RAZR :P It's his cheesecaking device lol Proff is the menu button. I'll give you a like if you can tell me what device he's using. Hint: Everyone hates it. Lol

Crap, I saw his post on XDA in the Marketplace, but I can't remember what he was looking for... Was it an Atrix?

#24 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Crap, I saw his post on XDA in the Marketplace, but I can't remember what he was looking for... Was it an Atrix?

No like for you lol It's a Bionic

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#25 IP IHI II IL

IP IHI II IL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

No like for you lol It's a Bionic

DAMMIT! I should have searched for the post... Now I'll NEVER be liked on this forum... I'll always be known as the guy who paid attention...BUT NOT ENOUGH ATTENTION....
  • jw0914 likes this

#26 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

DAMMIT! I should have searched for the post... Now I'll NEVER be liked on this forum... I'll always be known as the guy who paid attention...BUT NOT ENOUGH ATTENTION....

Lmao I'll get you a like soon. ATRIX and Bionic are close enough :P

• IP IHI II IL likes this

#27 IP IHI II IL

IP IHI II IL

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lmao I'll get you a like soon. ATRIX and Bionic are close enough :P

It's ok, I'm really more of a +1 guy... "like" is so FB/MySpace... NARF

#28 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

:D

My free TiB works OK on .214

#29 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Geez..... makes me glad I didn't download .214. :D : D :D

#30 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

Is the boot.img here? Cause I only flashed the 214 boot image. Can I just flash this 215 boot image? I'm so confused!!

Err, Edit: Should I just flash the .211 boot img back and pretend this never happened? :)

Edited by tucstwo, 06 July 2012 - 06:43 AM.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#31 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

Is the boot.img here? Cause I only flashed the 214 boot image. Can I just flash this 215 boot image? I'm so confused!!

Err, Edit: Should I just flash the .211 boot img back and pretend this never happened?

Yes.

There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.
There is no 215.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • just lou likes this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#32 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Geez..... makes me glad I didn't download .214. : D

214 is a great leak don't make assumptions off of leaks if you don't understand them...

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#33 kmss1

kmss1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Sunny SoCal

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

214 is a great leak don't make assumptions off of leaks if you don't understand them...

+1 with Matt, this .214 is awesome! Loads very easily and has great battery life, with a much snappier interface!

#34 fdisker

fdisker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Interesting that folks are reporting snappier performance. I did a data and cache wipe when installing .211 and found the performance to be fantastic. Loaded the .214 leak this morning and can't tell a difference. Still, if it works for you, go with it.

#35 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

only made assumption due to rollback to .211

If I had installed .214 then .215 I would now be back at .211 :D

Why did they release a roll back to .211 ????

#36 wrich73

wrich73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Google+:wrich73

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

I really didn't see much other than a kernel change, a couple of framework changes and some libs changed with .214, I am no expert though..My guess it was for kernel testing??

#37 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Seems like most people who went to 214 are embracing it even though Moto built the downgrade. I went back to 211 but now I'm seeing rom development based on .214. So what does everyone think is the right kernel to be on?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#38 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Seems like most people who went to 214 are embracing it even though Moto built the downgrade. I went back to 211 but now I'm seeing rom development based on .214. So what does everyone think is the right kernel to be on?

My opinion, and a lot of others who have a regular RAZR would probably just stay on 211. 214 has done nothing for battery life for me.

#39 Shinare

Shinare

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

I used Matt's utility to load 214 with the option to just load the kernal. So my build.prop still says 211 and honestly I've not noticed anything diferent. Could just be me though, but I don't think it changed anything really for me. Maybe if I had used moto recovery to load it? *shrug*

#40 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

The changes are almost negligible. Run either one. The whole point of the downgrade packages is so that moto testers can get back to stock WITHOUT a computer/utility/etc. Keep in mind that official moto testers don't use 3rd party scripts etc to restore/rollback their units. They use RSD. These rollback packages streamline that process so that they don't lose data and don't need a computer. Plus the rollback packages take ~2-10 min to install vs up to an hour for a RSD/Util restore.
  • just lou likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users