How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#281 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

OK, I updated to 748 no problem. Got root back too.

#282 rackumrack

rackumrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 7, Maxx HD

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Good Deal you're back in the saddle.....glad we could help
RAZR MAXX HD

#283 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

If I could buy you all a beer......

#284 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

OK updating right now so I should know soon...

You can update all the way to 173 and root with moto-fail root method

#285 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Good Deal you're back in the saddle.....glad we could help

Indeed! I think i will make a video to show ppl how to do this or just explain everything you can do, a fastboot tutorial :)

#286 tyrthas

tyrthas

CassDroid's Personal Stalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter:@tyrthas
  • Google+:Ron Becker
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

Indeed! I think i will make a video to show ppl how to do this or just explain everything you can do, a fastboot tutorial

That is a great idea! I know I need visual guides to figure things out from time to time.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M [R]

#287 CD Phalanx

CD Phalanx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

This guide was exceptional. Got me out of a jam. Thanks!

#288 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

hey guys i have a prob whe trying to restore my phone back to stock .173 using RSD lite. i downloaded the .173 fastboot files from the OP and when i use RSD to flash it fails. error message says its an unrecognized command and then it says flash failed. ive used RSD many times before and not a noob at this process. has anyone else had trouble flashing these files? for now im using matts utility since that worked last for me but i just wanted to see if someone else came across this. thanks

#289 benjylafond

benjylafond

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

SUCCESS - FINALLY!
Couldnt get RSD to work - failed on first step every time.
Command method would seemingly install but when I did reboot command it would go back to the "device is locked" screen.
Followed advice and downloaded Mattlgroff's Razr Utility. . .
While waiting for the file to download, tried Command method again but this time I installed the Webtop file first (didn't install the first few times I tried) and it worked!

Thank y'all for the help and advice on the forum and in the chat room.

#290 rackumrack

rackumrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

hey guys i have a prob whe trying to restore my phone back to stock .173 using RSD lite. i downloaded the .173 fastboot files from the OP and when i use RSD to flash it fails. error message says its an unrecognized command and then it says flash failed. ive used RSD many times before and not a noob at this process. has anyone else had trouble flashing these files? for now im using matts utility since that worked last for me but i just wanted to see if someone else came across this. thanks

The only way I have been able to get it to work is to download the .744 fastboot file at rootzwiki. Install it via rsd, then take about thirty minutes of your time to do the ota from verizon to get back to .173, then root with motofail or whatever you choose. I got the same errors as you when trying to just rsd .173 coming from some other type of rom.
RAZR MAXX HD

#291 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

The only way I have been able to get it to work is to download the .744 fastboot file at rootzwiki. Install it via rsd, then take about thirty minutes of your time to do the ota from verizon to get back to .173, then root with motofail or whatever you choose. I got the same errors as you when trying to just rsd .173 coming from some other type of rom.

If you look a few pages back if you delete the two OEM commands from the XML it will run in rsd no problem. Please read back a few pos s and report back what lines has to be taken out.

#292 rackumrack

rackumrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Dirty, can you still run the fastboot rsd with that or do you have to use cmd at that point?
RAZR MAXX HD

#293 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

If you look a few pages back if you delete the two OEM commands from the XML it will run in rsd no problem. Please read back a few pos s and report back what lines has to be taken out.

or i could just use the update.zip files and update that way i suppose. ill checkout a few pages back and see what i can find. thanks much.

#294 simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

OK breath are you still with me???????? Good lol relaz things will be ok.

Now assuming that you where on 173 this is all you got to do. Hook your phone up to the PC. If you are already in AP fastboot mode that is good. Now download the Moto-fastboot32 zip file and uzip it to your desktop. You can rename it to anything you want. Now take the system.img and the preinstall.img out of the 173 full fastboot files and put them in that folder that you put on your desktop. Now it is simple

open up a command window and navigate to that folder.

This will fix your phone.

type........ moto-fastboot.exe flash preinstall preinstall.img This will flash in a few parts

after that is done do this.

type........moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img this will also flash in a few parts.

now type..... moto-fastboot.exe reboot

BOOM done and smash the thanks button :D

Dirty im assuming this is the fix you were talking about?

#295 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

Dirty im assuming this is the fix you were talking about?

yes if that is the position you where in

#296 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

Dirty, can you still run the fastboot rsd with that or do you have to use cmd at that point?

With thease files you can Do it manually like in the first post or you cn run RSD light by opening up RSD and finding the XML and running it . The XML is telling the program what to run and what sequence to run it in. BUT you have to delete a few lines out of the new 173 files so it will run. This is posted a few pages back. If you run RSD lite you do not need to run it in a command window.

Also for those of you that it says waiting on device or cnat run anything you either dont have adb set up right or your phone is not plugged in and in AP fastboot mode. Also use the sockets in the back of the computer . You always want to use a 2.0 USB socket.

#297 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

OP aka First Post updated. That would be the one one page one , top of the page . LOL

#298 Karmatose

Karmatose

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOlathe, KS

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

*****THIS IS FOR VERIZON ONLY!!! ME OR DROIDRZR ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE.***** I never use RSD I always like to do it the manual way. IMO is the best way to do it anyway. You will need the following files. If you want to use RSD lite , I recomend wiping your phone before and after Now there is some confusion on this matter. If you are on .173 and boot loop ,you can simply restore your phone by flashing the system img. All you have to do is put the 173 system IMG in the Razr1 file . This will not update you to 173 !! Just the system only. To get to 173 you need to take the update,or use the full RSD package. *********Always flash Webtop first******** 1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1 3) Open up a command window. 4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop/Razr1 5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode. 6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate. 7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot *****To flash the webtop package if you have too . Do this before you flash the system img. 1)Type>>>>>>moto-fastboot.exe flash webtop grfs.img (this will flash in a few parts) Now your phone will reboot. You are now unbricked .Jump up and down ,kiss your wife, dog , cat , whatever you want to do. Rejoice, you are back on a stock system. Remember you will have to root your phone again. FASTBOOT FILES FOR 744>>>>

FASTBOOT FILES FOR 748>>>> HERE FASTBOOT FILES FOR 173>>>>

XML FIX FOR 173 >>>>>

****IF YOU ARE USING THE 173 FB FILES IN RSD LITE ,TAKE THE XML OUT AND INSERT THIS ONE . THIS WILL LET IT RUN WITHOUT ERROR.******* If you need to flash the system.img or anything else download the moto-fastboot win32 zip, extract it to desktop . You can rename it anything you want. Then you can put any file from any version of the fastboot files in there and flash them separately. If you have any issues please check your Moto drivers >>>>>>>>>> Here Need help setting up SDk aka ADB for Windows or Linux go >>> HERE Check out @bignadad post on how to do it also >>>>>>> HERE Learn how to use RSD lite >>>>>

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am doing my happy dance!!! I bricked going back to stock with 4everRoot. This completely solved my problem.
  • shroyede likes this

#299 sparkie

sparkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

How about unbricking a droid x2? I tried flashing a rom and now it is stuck at the m logo. I can still get into fast boot but as of now it has a dead battery. Could I use the same method as for the razor?
I was running 2.3.3 witch was the latest ota and was rooted. Sorry for the off topic I got the razor cause I bricked the x2. I've never seen a thread like this so I thought I would ask.

thanks.

#300 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

How about unbricking a droid x2? I tried flashing a rom and now it is stuck at the m logo. I can still get into fast boot but as of now it has a dead battery. Could I use the same method as for the razor?
I was running 2.3.3 witch was the latest ota and was rooted. Sorry for the off topic I got the razor cause I bricked the x2. I've never seen a thread like this so I thought I would ask.

thanks.

Actually I'm not sure I'm assuming yes if there is fastboot files for the X2 . Or run RSD lite, with the proper file for that phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users