How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#321 centex01

centex01

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

I found a fix on XDA that may work using RSD lite and a fastboot file. I'll keep ya posted.

#322 centex01

centex01

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Sorry, it just seemed that way. All I see under baseband is CDMA_N_04.16.00R.

#323 centex01

centex01

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

I understand t that and i was not trying to be a rear end . Is your phone showing two radios a CDMA and a LTE?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I got it working with RSD Lite and now show CDMA_N03.1C.76P LTEDC_U_06.35.08. The file put it back to .744 so I'm now updating to the current software.

#324 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

What did you use to fix it?

#325 centex01

centex01

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

What did you use to fix it?

I ran the following file with RSD lite 5.7, "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml". I found it on the XDA site, titled "Loss of 4g after ICS update".

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• superstargoddess likes this

#326 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Gotdamn, Goo-inside REALLY needs to upgrade their servers, everything I download from there either fails or crawls.
- Motorola Droid RAZR [IC3Razr- always most recent]

#327 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

I ran the following file with RSD lite 5.7, "VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml". I found it on the XDA site, titled "Loss of 4g after ICS update".

Going to grab this one instead since the one from Goo keeps failing. This one is slower than $#!+ too, but at least it isn't failing!

#328 centex01

centex01

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

Going to grab this one instead since the one from Goo keeps failing. This one is slower than $#!+ too, but at least it isn't failing!

Just keep in mind it takes you way back to .744!
  • superstargoddess likes this

#329 superstargoddess

superstargoddess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Just keep in mind it takes you way back to .744!

Ah ok, I'm going to go ahead and try Goo again then. Thanks for the heads up! I already have the 744 files, so I don't need another!

I'm just going back to stock to install the leak again, I'm not actually bricked. I'll have to go in and manually fix the xml provided in the OP since the link to the fix file is dead.

Edit: Goo died at 27% this time. Screw it, I'm going back to 744 since I have the file already. I feel bad for the Goo donators who get their downloads dying. :P

#330 chasr

chasr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

You need to replace the XML in the 173 fast boot zip. Then run RSD lite. Also make sure your drivers are up yo date .

I need to do this as well. However, when I click the link in the OP for the 173 XML replacement file I get a 404 error indicating a link to a non-existent Dropbox folder.

#331 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

You need to replace the XML in the 173 fast boot zip.

I've seen this stated more than once and have never understood what it means. Can you elaborate in more detail please?

Thanks

#332 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

I've seen this stated more than once and have never understood what it means. Can you elaborate in more detail please?

Thanks

Yrs i switched dropbox accounts i forgot im fixing the link now.

You need to download the 173 fastboot file then unzip it on your desktop in a folder. Then delete the xml in the file and replace it with tbe one in the OP

#333 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

OP UPDATED

Just download the zip. Open the zip up ,then put the modified XML file in the 173 fastboot file.

profit
  • jtelander likes this

#334 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

OP UPDATED

Just download the zip. Open the zip up ,then put the modified XML file in the 173 fastboot file.

profit

Thanks

I guess I am surprised that the zip hasn't been updated to include the modified xml so that this step can be skipped

#335 weiderhosen

weiderhosen

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Dude you rock!!!

#336 piccit

piccit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

OP UPDATED

profit

The "OPENZIP.REPLACEXML.WITHTHIS.zip" is empty ...?

Update: I found the instructions for fixing the xml file here:

#337 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

The "OPENZIP.REPLACEXML.WITHTHIS.zip" is empty ...?

Update: I found the instructions for fixing the xml file here:

OP Fixed , sorry about that

#338 flashman2002

flashman2002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

I am having a ton of trouble just trying to RSD back to any version. I have used RSD with various fb files and they either stop at step 4 or it finished but didn't wipe anything and I get FC after FC. I did this method with the CMD prompt and it doesn't get me back to .173, does the same thing as with the RSD lite program. I am going to try to get on .744 and see if it will work using the files from the OP. Any help would be great as I am basically screwed. Seems that every file I have tried does not want to work. I tried using Mattlgroffs 1.51 utility and it just hangs on me as well.

#339 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

I am having a ton of trouble just trying to RSD back to any version. I have used RSD with various fb files and they either stop at step 4 or it finished but didn't wipe anything and I get FC after FC. I did this method with the CMD prompt and it doesn't get me back to .173, does the same thing as with the RSD lite program. I am going to try to get on .744 and see if it will work using the files from the OP. Any help would be great as I am basically screwed. Seems that every file I have tried does not want to work. I tried using Mattlgroffs 1.51 utility and it just hangs on me as well.

Make sure your moto drivers, and the modified xml file is in the 173 package. The cmd method will not work if you are on the leak. You always have to do a full wipe after using rsd. My guess is u nsdd to swap out thd xml file for 173. Please reread ths first post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#340 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

--REAL FIX FOR FASTBOOT "OEM" COMMAND ISSUE--
If you have received the error "Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (oem); phone connected." while trying to use RSDlite then here is
the fix for you.

The xml file includes some extra lines that are different from the orginal fastboot files. Deleting the two "OEM" lines will make the xml file complete the whole process of
flashing the .173 fastboot.

If you want I can upload just the xml file and you have to add the file to the fastboot folder.
---
Lines to be deleted:
"<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set"/>"
&
"<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear"/>"
Worked like a charm.
---
I did comfirm this does work as I was having this issue. Instead of getting upset...get even.
Download "OEM_FIX" Here :

Easy as that. Post with any qustions.

Okay I THINK I found my answer after reading the first 12 pages. THANKS! I wanted to flash back to .173 from the ICS leak and kept getting this error and I freaked a little. After SBF'ing my D2 like god knows how many times this is THE first time I've had an issue with RSD Lite. Luckily it didn't brick me and I was able to use Matt's utility to get back to stock.

Soooo....for clarity.....you guys actually UNZIP the fastboot file into a dir, and load the .xml into RSD instead of letting RSD uncompress the .zip before flashing. Because that's what I did, let it uncompress it, and I got bit by this OEM bug.

Minor heart attack averted......jesus....xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users