How To Unbrick Your Razr [Go Back To Stock] .744 .748 .173 Using Rsd Added.

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#341 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

If you need to flash the system.img or anything else download the <a class="bbc_url" href="

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

rel="nofollow external" title="External link">moto-fastboot win32 zip

extract it to desktop .

I don't understand the statement in the above quote...can you elaborate please?

#342 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1
3) Open up a command window.
4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop/Razr1
5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode.
6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate.
7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot

After a clockwork recovery failed...I'm in bootloop hell.

I followed the above instructions...still boot looped

In addition using RSD lite and VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml also yields bootloops.

I would be grateful for some help.

Thanks

EDIT - Problem resolved by recovery and factory reset

#343 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

After a clockwork recovery failed...I'm in bootloop hell.

I followed the above instructions...still boot looped

In addition using RSD lite and VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml also yields bootloops.

I would be grateful for some help.

Thanks

EDIT - Problem resolved by recovery and factory reset

glad you got it fixed. The moto-fastboot.exe, in a cmd window only works if you are on 171 and bootlooped and are pushing the system, if that makes sense. So if you are on, say the leak, u can't push the system for 173. Also when using RSD u always have to do a data reset.

#344 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

To elaborate more we need motos
Fastboot files to be able to restore our phones threw the CMD window or RSD. Therefore, if you are on 173, all u need to do is download the moto fastboot.exe folder then put the system.IMG, of what system you are on in this folder. Then if you are in a bootloop or need to get a stock system back, that you are ALREADY on. Then you execute the" moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img ". This will flash the system and give you a clean slate if you where already on the SAME system. So if you where on the leak DO NOT USE THE MANUAL WAY, USE RSD. Now I also recommend flashing the grfs file, found in the Fastboot files aka webtop and flash that too, but do that first, if you really where tinkering to much.

Hope this helps clearing some things up for some of you and happy flashing :-)
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#345 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

glad you got it fixed. The moto-fastboot.exe, in a cmd window only works if you are on 171 and bootlooped and are pushing the system, if that makes sense. So if you are on, say the leak, u can't push the system for 173. Also when using RSD u always have to do a data reset.

Thanks....I took your words literally in the OP that all I had to do was follow those steps and voila! I would be unbricked!

So, lets say that someone doesn't know what version they are running and is bootlooping...what steps would you follow?

#346 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks....I took your words literally in the OP that all I had to do was follow those steps and voila! I would be unbricked!

So, lets say that someone doesn't know what version they are running and is bootlooping...what steps would you follow?

Well if you have no idea on what system your on. Use the 173 Fastboot file unzip it to your desktop, download the edited xml file, replace the xml in the 173 folder, then fire up RSD Lite. Then it's as simple as run, sit back, let it finish and update, then after it boots or tries to boot, do a hard reset then enter stock recovery and do a factory data reset aka a wipe.

YOU MUST ALWAYS WIPE AFTER USING RSD. Then reroot via "moto-fail". Boom done in about 20 min. :-)
  • jtelander likes this

#347 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

Well if you have no idea on what system your on. Use the 173 Fastboot file unzip it to your desktop, download the edited xml file, replace the xml in the 173 folder, then fire up RSD Lite. Then it's as simple as run, sit back, let it finish and update, then after it boots or tries to boot, do a hard reset then enter stock recovery and do a factory data reset aka a wipe.

YOU MUST ALWAYS WIPE AFTER USING RSD. Then reroot via "moto-fail". Boom done in about 20 min. :-)

I skipped the step re the edited xml file..... and bootlooped

Too bad there isn't a zipped version of the 173 Fastboot file that already contains the edited xml file such that the users don't have to make the swap..hard to make this stuff idiot proof I suppose.

#348 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I skipped the step re the edited xml file..... and bootlooped

Too bad there isn't a zipped version of the 173 Fastboot file that already contains the edited xml file such that the users don't have to make the swap..hard to make this stuff idiot proof I suppose.

yea I have to get around to doing that. I will add it on my list of things to do lol but at least you join how to do it the right way and now you can help ppl. So that's always a plus :-)
  • jtelander likes this

#349 jtelander

jtelander

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

I ended up using RSD Lite and the .744 file

Thanks for the help

#350 irishsavage

irishsavage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

OMFG!!! *I kiss your feet and pamper them with my tears of joy* YOU are a god among men.

THANK YOU so so so so Fkin much, so much!!!!!

I love you.

#351 ronschuck

ronschuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTAMPA FLORIDA

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

this didnt work for me.. i am bricked on ics leak 203

#352 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

*****THIS IS FOR VERIZON ONLY!!! ME OR DROIDRZR ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR ANYTHING THAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE.*****

**********Due to recent leaks ,IF YOU NEED TO GET BACK TO STOCK 173 JUST DOWNLOAD THE FULL FASTBOOT PACKAGE, REPLACE THE XML, AND USE RSD LITE. ALWAYS WIPE AFTER RSD IS DONE. Only use the PC cmd window way if you are on GB and messed your system up or your in a boot loop. Once again IF YOU ARE ON THE LEAK OR ANY LEAK OF THAT MATTER YOU MUST RUN THE FULL RSD PACKAGE. THIS WILL PUT YOU BACK TO 100% STOCK********

You will need the following files. If you want to use RSD lite , I recommend wiping your phone before and after Now there is some confusion on this matter. If you are on .173 and boot loop ,you can simply restore your phone by flashing the system img. All you have to do is put the 173 system IMG in the Razr1 file . This will not update you to 173 !! Just the system only. To get to 173 you need to take the update,or use the full RSD package.

*********Always flash Webtop first********

1) Download this zip >>>>>>>>>;

2) Exract the zip to your desktop. There will be a folder called Razr1
3) Open up a command window.
4) To get to that folder type>>>>>>> cd Desktop/Razr1
5) Now plug in your phone and put your phone is AP fastboot mode.
6) To flash the system type>>>>>>>; moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
This will flash your system in a few parts wait for it to compleate.
7) Type>>>>>>>>> moto-fastboot.exe reboot

*****To flash the webtop package if you have too . Do this before you flash the system img.
1)Type>>>>>>moto-fastboot.exe flash webtop grfs.img (this will flash in a few parts)

Now your phone will reboot. You are now unbricked .Jump up and down ,kiss your wife, dog , cat , whatever you want to do. Rejoice, you are back on a stock system. Remember you will have to root your phone again.

FASTBOOT FILES FOR 744>>>>

FASTBOOT FILES FOR 748>>>> HERE

FASTBOOT FILES FOR 173>>>>

XML FIX FOR 173 >>>>>

****IF YOU ARE USING THE 173 FB FILES IN RSD LITE ,TAKE THE XML OUT AND INSERT THIS ONE . THIS WILL LET IT RUN WITHOUT ERROR.*******

If you need to flash the system.img or anything else download the <a class="bbc_url" href="

rel="nofollow external" title="External link">moto-fastboot win32 zip

extract it to desktop . You can rename it anything you want. Then you can put any file from any version of the fastboot files in there and flash them separately.

If you have any issues please check your Moto drivers >>>>>>>>>>

Need help setting up SDk aka ADB for Windows or Linux go >>>

Check out @bignadad post on how to do it also >>>>>>>

Learn how to use RSD lite >>>>>

**************THIS IS A DROIDRZR EXLUSIVE,DO NOT POST THE FILES DIRECTLY ON ANY OTHER SITE. PLEASE GIVE A LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD FOR DOWNLOAD*****************

#353 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Ahh yea if you are on that leak you vsn NOT get back to stock. Sorry bro.

#354 premier929

premier929

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:39 PM

How do you get into fastboot mode. My phone is stuck on the Moto screen on Rzr Maxx. Please help.

#355 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

How do you get into fastboot mode. My phone is stuck on the Moto screen on Rzr Maxx. Please help.

Hold down power button and volume down. When the screen flickers let go of the power button but continue to hold down the volume down button.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#356 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

You need to find KBoss' method. Someone said it works on the 203 leak. There is also Matts method posted somewhere that let's you upgrade to 206.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#357 premier929

premier929

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

Awesome!!! Thanks alot. I used to have a Droid X and I'm used to SBF'ing back but haven't found how to do that with RSD Lite yet for the Maxx. Thanks again.

#358 jlh11364

jlh11364

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Being an old WM guy, I couldn't figure out how to fix the XML file. I was having all the error messsages. However, once i got into notepad and edited the script as instructed, everything works fine and I am now updated to 181

Now ready to do some more flashing.

:))

#359 gpatmac

gpatmac

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Thank you, DirtyDroidX. It took me days and purchasing a factory cable to get this fixed after installing safestrap on my razr.

#360 mighkey

mighkey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

I tried to use rsd lite and the flash fails halfway through....then i have to try to boot normally 2 times before it lets me into the phone to use it again. Cannot figure it out, tried rsdlite and the command prompt method. Now rsdlite won't even recognize that the phone is connected evn thought the computer does. windows 7 64 bit, i downloaded latest drivers. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users