Photo

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1134 replies to this topic

#781 cal70d

cal70d

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

No problems with wifi for me. 36.2Mb down, 5.3Mb down. Right where it should be.

#782 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have had a problem this week when a call comes in and i am doing something on my phone, and a call comes in and i hear the ringtone but the call screen doesn't pop up and i cannot do anything to get it up till i miss the call. It has happened twice this week, don't know if it has anything to do with 215 our not but I wanted to post it up to see if anyone else has seen it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#783 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

I have had a problem this week when a call comes in and i am doing something on my phone, and a call comes in and i hear the ringtone but the call screen doesn't pop up and i cannot do anything to get it up till i miss the call. It has happened twice this week, don't know if it has anything to do with 215 our not but I wanted to post it up to see if anyone else has seen it.

I haven't had this issue.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#784 snoop1979

snoop1979

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

How can i root .215 without restoring the whole thing back to .211

#785 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

How can i root .215 without restoring the whole thing back to .211

Have you tried Matts 1.81 utility?
Posted Image

#786 snoop1979

snoop1979

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Have you tried Matts 1.81 utility?

Not yet. i wanted to ask before i brake something :P I guess ill just give it a try and report back.

#787 chipworkz

chipworkz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

That happened to my once so far and I am pretty sure it was after I went to .215

#788 desmadre

desmadre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFt. Bragg, NC

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

installed 1.2 over 1.1 with the .215 update without wiping. all is well

#789 flyboy28802

flyboy28802

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

I am not seeing that great of battery life with .215 non-root. During the day with the phone on my desk at work I noticed I was losing about 3 - 4% battery each hour. (at the end of 12 hours I am down to 50%) Depending upon which battery monitoring app I used, it would either show the kernel at around 20-30% use or the Android System at about the same level.

To distinguish between a bad signal or rouge app I put the phone in Airplane mode. Still had the same level of drain. I did another wipe and factory reset and just installed a few widgets from the market. Again still had about the same drain with the Android OS at 25%. The only apps I used was the stock alarm, stock music player, and downloaded ES File Manager. The widgets were a clock/with weather and Widgetdroid. That's it.

Tonight I did another factory reset, and I am not going to install anything and just use the stock music player and track the battery drain when the phone is just sitting.
Any Suggestions?

#790 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Mine's actually worse- I'm at 60% after 5 hours, with little use other than occasionally texting and calling, with 12 hours my max. Unroot, with most bloatware disabled.

#791 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

Has anyone running 215 observed very slow wifi speeds vs. the stock 211. I upgraded to 215 a week ago and am typically connected to wireless at home and work. My speedtests while connected to WiFi are about 1.3 meg dow and 1 meg up (My home ISP gives me 11 meg down and 1 up) I show to be connected at 72mbps data rate and full signal showing on the phone.

I did an FDR after installing 215 and wiped cache. I decided to try a restore back to stock 211 today and my wifi speeds are back to normal, about 10.8 down and 1 meg up on my home wireless. Typical things of rebooting/resetting router didn't fix. I wonder if this is a bug in 215?

Thoughts?

I am experiencing this as well... really low, when it used to be full before .215
Posted Image

#792 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

I am experiencing this as well... really low, when it used to be full before .215

And of course as soon as I post this it starts working great lol

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

62.5KB   25 downloads
Posted Image

#793 mikeramos90

mikeramos90

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

This is the battery life I've been seeing with moderate usage on 215 (as far as I'm concerned)...was at the beach for the past few hours holding a couple bats of 4G for the most part - a little facebook/Instagram, some chrome browsing and I tried Netflix for a minute to see how it would work there...

Posted Image

i know battery differs by phone/OS/settings/reception/etc...does this seem at all right?

With the og razr yes it does

#794 livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo 64GB, Nexus 7, Midnight

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

yeah, i usually have the screen off, and over 60% of battery is caused by the screen

#795 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

doesn't the cpusleep.apk do the same thing as what hotplug already does (turning off the second core when screen is off)?

My understanding is cpusleep will put the phone into a deeper sleep somehow. I am not a programmer, so I don't know the ends and outs of that. Mine seems to do quite well since I added it.

#796 neOwb

neOwb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

My understanding is cpusleep will put the phone into a deeper sleep somehow. I am not a programmer, so I don't know the ends and outs of that. Mine seems to do quite well since I added it.

Cpusleep shuts down one of the cores while the screen is off. Mines a bit better too since I started using it

#797 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Cpusleep shuts down one of the cores while the screen is off. Mines a bit better too since I started using it

but the hotplug governor already does that, thats why I asked.
  • ibolski likes this

#798 drewski11

drewski11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Has anyone running 215 observed very slow wifi speeds vs. the stock 211. I upgraded to 215 a week ago and am typically connected to wireless at home and work. My speedtests while connected to WiFi are about 1.3 meg dow and 1 meg up (My home ISP gives me 11 meg down and 1 up) I show to be connected at 72mbps data rate and full signal showing on the phone. I did an FDR after installing 215 and wiped cache. I decided to try a restore back to stock 211 today and my wifi speeds are back to normal, about 10.8 down and 1 meg up on my home wireless. Typical things of rebooting/resetting router didn't fix. I wonder if this is a bug in 215? Thoughts?

my Wifi download speedtests are ~60% of my laptop with direct ethernet connection to the router. 20000 kbps vs. 33000 kbps

surprisingly, my wifi upload tests are faster than my laptop. 7000 kbps vs. 6000 kbps (ran 3 tests. all pretty close)

Droid Razr MaxxSS3.6 AviatorBlur / CM11 N10 | RastaKat Xoom Wifi | Big Part 4.3 N7 | MultiROM / RastaKat OG Droid | kfazz CM10 port

#799 flyboy28802

flyboy28802

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

After a new factory reset and wipe x2 of the cache, and installing no apps or updates from the play store. The only thing I used was the alarm and did a few texts. After 13 hours I am down to 60% battery. However I spent 3 hours in Airplane mode with all the radios turned off.

I still think something is running in the background eating the battery, my drain rate is about 3% an hour, while in Airplane mode, it still seem to be around 3%, so I don't believe it's all signal related. I guess I can always root and see what happens. I might try and go back to .211 and do the same tests for comparison to see if .215 does offer any benefit.

#800 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

After a new factory reset and wipe x2 of the cache, and installing no apps or updates from the play store. The only thing I used was the alarm and did a few texts. After 13 hours I am down to 60% battery. However I spent 3 hours in Airplane mode with all the radios turned off.

I still think something is running in the background eating the battery, my drain rate is about 3% an hour, while in Airplane mode, it still seem to be around 3%, so I don't believe it's all signal related. I guess I can always root and see what happens. I might try and go back to .211 and do the same tests for comparison to see if .215 does offer any benefit.

Something doesn't seem right, especially in the Android OS screenshot. Keep Awake at 20 min. That seems like a lot to me. Here's a couple screenshots of the battery info on my Maxx...

79.55KB   13 downloads

42.41KB   11 downloads
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users