Photo

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1134 replies to this topic

#1101 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Unfortunately no because the bootloader security changed from ICS to JB and doesn't allow downgrades. JB to JB is fine because you're still using the same secure bootloader. Hope that makes sense sir :)

Sent from my Raged Out HD using Tapatalk (VIP)

Yes it does make sense..but I was thinking Maybe it was possible it still could be Back Doored using Compatibility Flasher...

Really not interested going Backwards...More Curious then anything...

Thanks Buddy

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1102 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yes it does make sense..but I was thinking Maybe it was possible it still could be Back Doored using Compatibility Flasher...

Really not interested going Backwards...More Curious then anything...

Thanks Buddy

Still wouldn't work though because you would have to downgrade the bootloader which isn't possible. Once it's updated, it's stuck.

• The Persuader likes this

#1103 Freddie

Freddie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcharlotte,NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

WHY? 215 is dead and gone, it was a failed attempt to give ICS an update but we HAVE JB now.

Thanks Daniel,

I need 215 because I want to flash my Droid Razor xt912 to page plus, and I'm already on 211 (new phone),

But I found it and I'm done with the first flash in my life !! phone work great ,now trying to get 3g works..

Thanks for your help,I guess I will stick around here because I can do nothing without your experience guys.

Good night

#1104 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

Unfortunately no because the bootloader security changed from ICS to JB and doesn't allow downgrades. JB to JB is fine because you're still using the same secure bootloader. Hope that makes sense sir :)

Sent from my Raged Out HD using Tapatalk (VIP)

I was going to say pretty much the same thing but then got to thinking about it a bit.  I didn't (don't) know but I was thinking the signature used for the ICS bootloader must be different than the JB bootloader's sig.  However, after thinking about it, when we were on ICS were able to swap the ICS kernel out for the leaked JB kernel.  I just assumed that they had used the same bootloader sig for the leak that they used for ICS.  That said, we can't swap ICS and the OTA kernels.  So, I assumed they changed the sig on the OTA.  However, that doesn't seem to make sense because we are able to switch between the leak and the OTA.  Seems to me that if it were the sig that's changed, the OTA wouldn't accept the flashing of the leaked kernel (given the fact we could swap that one with the ICS kernel).  This is probably a question for another thread but this seemed like a good time to ask it, so..........., what exactly are they doing with these bootloaders to make things like they are? 

#1105 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks Daniel,

I need 215 because I want to flash my Droid Razor xt912 to page plus, and I'm already on 211 (new phone),

But I found it and I'm done with the first flash in my life !! phone work great ,now trying to get 3g works..

Thanks for your help,I guess I will stick around here because I can do nothing without your experience guys.

Good night

Still not fully understanding the need for .215 to go to page plus, can it not be done from Jelly Bean?, I was actually thinking about switching to page plus as it could potentially allow me to be free of Verizon contracts with more minutes for less money when I contract expires early next year, Also I find myself not using much data, does page plus let you do the 30 dollar 250MB data package with these phones?

#1106 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

Some people actually prefer ICS to JB. Battery life would be one of the reasons.

there where alot of hold outs to go ICS over GB for the same reason, but in the long run I saw some of my best battery life with .211 ICS over .181 GB but even after plenty of charging cycles I am seeing like a 5-10% drop in overall battery life since .16 JB, but in all fairness I'm only on stock rooted JB.

#1107 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

I miss the moto cast music apk from ICS. JB is good. I like it. Running flying jelly and with the CPU tweet it helps. Have to find a setting you like. Sup Hicks.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#1108 Freddie

Freddie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationcharlotte,NC

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Still not fully understanding the need for .215 to go to page plus, can it not be done from Jelly Bean?, I was actually thinking about switching to page plus as it could potentially allow me to be free of Verizon contracts with more minutes for less money when I contract expires early next year, Also I find myself not using much data, does page plus let you do the 30 dollar 250MB data package with these phones?

I don't know why 215 (I'm not expert with android) , but all I do is following the procedure that posted by snoop1979 on Howard Forums

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And yes the $30 plan works great for me too,

Daniel , if you get time to review this procedure for page plus flashing ,please let me know if you have any better ideas about this flashing ,

Thanks alto.

#1109 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

I don't know why 215 (I'm not expert with android) , but all I do is following the procedure that posted by snoop1979 on Howard Forums

And yes the $30 plan works great for me too,

Daniel , if you get time to review this procedure for page plus flashing ,please let me know if you have any better ideas about this flashing ,

Thanks alto.

Im sorry but WTH is page plus? This update is both unofficial AND WAAAAY outdated. I'm curious why anyone would even been discussing it at this point in time. This was a leaked update of Ice cream sandwich that was NEVER pushed to the users by VZW/Moto. My advice at this point would be to get yourself back on the update path (IE .211) and then get yourself updated to the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 before you start asking questions about different features. .215 is a WELL deprecated and outdated OS.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#1110 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Im sorry but WTH is page plus? This update is both unofficial AND WAAAAY outdated. I'm curious why anyone would even been discussing it at this point in time. This was a leaked update of Ice cream sandwich that was NEVER pushed to the users by VZW/Moto. My advice at this point would be to get yourself back on the update path (IE .211) and then get yourself updated to the official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 before you start asking questions about different features. .215 is a WELL deprecated and outdated OS.

Page Plus is the Verizon equivalent to straight talk, it's a prepaid plan that runs on Verizon towers, but like how with straight talk you can use almost any at&t phone with page plus you can flash verizon phones over to run on it and if you're not a heavy user, they have a 30 dollar a month 1,200 minutes 3,000 text and 250 MB of data a month, so if you're not one of those people clinging to a grandfathered unlimited plan or don't need a new phone every 2 years this would let you off the verizon strings and get you into something super cheap.

#1111 stbaier

stbaier

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

hello ive been trying to follow the link to download the file and i keep getting permission denied 403. is there a way to get permission of is there a different link

thanks

#1112 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

hello ive been trying to follow the link to download the file and i keep getting permission denied 403. is there a way to get permission of is there a different link

thanks

I doubt it unless someone has the file kicking around on their pc. Why do you want it anyway?? You should be on JB not a non-released ICS leak

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#1113 zergber

zergber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Hi.
I needed this file to make my phone work with pageplus while following a guide to do it.

However, it is not available anymore, and was wondering if I could use any other file instead of this?

Sorry I am not very familiar with this phones and I don't know what all the numbers/letters mean.

Thanks !

#1114 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi.
I needed this file to make my phone work with pageplus while following a guide to do it.

However, it is not available anymore, and was wondering if I could use any other file instead of this?

Sorry I am not very familiar with this phones and I don't know what all the numbers/letters mean.

Thanks !

Here's a link to the .215 update. 

• Razorin likes this

#1115 zergber

zergber

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Here's a link to the .215 update. 

Thank you very much! Now to hope that this works :D

• Razorin likes this

#1116 cpllml

cpllml

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

wont let me download, what should i do?

#1117 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

find a computer or device that works :) The link works for me. Try to change browser or something.

• cpllml likes this

#1118 cpllml

cpllml

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

thanks

Keeps happening to me too, if you got it to work let me know

#1119 cpllml

cpllml

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

find a computer or device that works :) The link works for me. Try to change browser or something.

what browser did you use?

#1120 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Im on chrome on a mac and it works just fine...

• livinginkaos and Razorin like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users