Photo

Nothing Works..fastboot Mode..trying To Flash?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

I am trying to flash my Razr with the fastboot file that i got from different sites. Nothing seems to work. At first i had a battery issue so i made a motorola factory cable.

My Razr had ICS but the fastboot files i am trying to flash is the Gingerbread, i dont know if flashing ICS back to Gingerbread makes any sense. But i cant find ICS fastboot files.

I am using RSD Lite 5.6 but it fails at step 4. Can somone help me out.

The Razr is going back for warranty and i dont want to send it back for them to charge me a fee for the phone being rooted. Only good thing is the phone has not a scratch on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Once your on ICS you cant go back to gb

Sent from my Droid Razr

#3 TweakedSystems

TweakedSystems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

I would suggest using the DroidRazrUtility1.81 >

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

restart your phone in AP Fastboot then use the utiliy and select option 1...
Be patient!! it takes a few minutes to restore all of the files.

Then go here >

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211) download the update to your sd card.reboot into moto( recovery) select update go to the file..

Enjoy your NEW UPDATE :)

Good Luck
Posted Image

#4 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the fast response. I guess that is the reason why everything is failing up on flashing.

At this point how do I get the ICS fastboot file.
Do you think once I get the fastboot everything will work.

I also forgot that I have a safe strap recovery. I don't know if that helps or not.

#5 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thanks for the fast response. I guess that is the reason why everything is failing up on flashing.

I also forgot that I have a safe strap recovery. I don't know if that helps or not.

211 Fastboot-

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#6 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Topic moved to help section.

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#7 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

I would suggest using the DroidRazrUtility1.81 >

restart your phone in AP Fastboot then use the utiliy and select option 1...
Be patient!! it takes a few minutes to restore all of the files.

Then go here >

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211) download the update to your sd card.reboot into moto( recovery) select update go to the file..

Enjoy your NEW UPDATE

Good Luck

I have tried the utility but cant recall the version. When i used the utility i got a system error path file.

I will double check the utility version and go on that site you have given me. Thanks!

Sent from my Portable

#8 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

I have tried the utility but cant recall the version. When i used the utility i got a system error path file.

I will double check the utility version and go on that site you have given me. Thanks!

Sent from my Portable

use the 1.81 utility and make sure you fully extract it. DO NOT run it from the zip file, extract it first. Should work for you.
Posted Image

#9 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Why are you sending your phone in for warranty to begin with?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#10 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Use Matt's 1.81 utility to flash back to ICS .211. You cannot go back to GB and you should not be on .214 or .215 as they have not been released yet. Download the 1.81 zip file and unzip it to the root of your computer (C:\). It should run from there OK.

#11 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

Then go here >

Enjoy your NEW UPDATE :)

Good Luck

I would suggest you don't do this (install the 215 update leak) if you're taking the phone back. If you do, the phone won't be stock anymore. Don't know if they'd notice it or not but it would be an easy thing for them to find if they look in the right place.

#12 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

Why are you sending your phone in for warranty to begin with?

Im sending the phone back because the phone was stuck on the M logo. So i called Verizon and they sent me another phone. So in the mean while i have to fix the phone within 5 days.

Sent from my Portable

#13 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Im sending the phone back because the phone was stuck on the M logo. So i called Verizon and they sent me another phone. So in the mean while i have to fix the phone within 5 days.

Sent from my Portable

That's warranty fraud which will not be condoned on DroidRzr.com. No more post about this please.

#14 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

Understood..my apologies!

Sent from my Portable

#15 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

I am trying to flash my Razr with the fastboot file that i got from different sites. Nothing seems to work. At first i had a battery issue so i made a motorola factory cable.

My Razr had ICS but the fastboot files i am trying to flash is the Gingerbread, i dont know if flashing ICS back to Gingerbread makes any sense. But i cant find ICS fastboot files.

I am using RSD Lite 5.6 but it fails at step 4. Can somone help me out.

The Razr is going back for warranty and i dont want to send it back for them to charge me a fee for the phone being rooted. Only good thing is the phone has not a scratch on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

First, I don't intend for this to sound rude... but you shouldn't be sending your phone back for warranty repair if you bricked it screwing around with FB files.

Second, this is not an issue that you need to send in your phone for repair. The Fastboot files are listed on this site, either under Development or Hacks, as is Matt's Droid Razr Utility 1.8. The RSD files can be found at sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_spyder/list.php

Third, if you soft brick your phone modding it/altering the file system/etc. then you need to take the time to go through forums to find the answers to your problems. That's why forums are there... why this one is here. If you choose to sell yourself short and not take the time to educate yourself, then you have no business doing anything beyond stock operation on your device.

#16 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just want you add sine food for thought for the op.

If you made a factory cable, i assume you had to peel the back of the razr off. If so, and you send it back, Motorola/Verizon "could" charge you for the phone anyway due to you opening it....if they figure it out.

Secondly, while i whole heartedly agree with others that claiming warranty on a device the user screwed up is not acceptable. The damage is done. If you already have the new phone, at this point it doesn't matter which phone you send back. The cost of shipping a replacement has been paid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#17 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just want you add sine food for thought for the op.

If you made a factory cable, i assume you had to peel the back of the razr off. If so, and you send it back, Motorola/Verizon "could" charge you for the phone anyway due to you opening it....if they figure it out.

Secondly, while i whole heartedly agree with others that claiming warranty on a device the user screwed up is not acceptable. The damage is done. If you already have the new phone, at this point it doesn't matter which phone you send back. The cost of shipping a replacement has been paid.

True, but unless someone who does this is told, they're more than likely going to continue to do it... which is not acceptable and puts a burden on VZW and it's users

#18 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

True, but unless someone who does this is told, they're more than likely going to continue to do it... which is not acceptable and puts a burden on VZW and it's users

Agree 100%

#19 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

I am going to keep the phone. I can defanantly use it.

Sent from my Portable

#20 torqtube

torqtube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

If you made a factory cable, i assume you had to peel the back of the razr off.

I did make a factory cable but didn't peel the back off. That's the reason for a factory cable for those users who has an issue with low battery upon fastboot mode. The cable allows you to program the phone when you have low battery.

Basically it give 5.5vdc at all times allowing you to program the phone with the battery saying OK. While flashing, great tool! Sorry if i explained this wrong.

Sent from my Portable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users