Photo

[ROM][Unified][Unofficial][4.4.2]CARBONITE-KK (03-20-14)

New XT926 rom kitkat Carbon Razr Maxx HD DARK

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#321 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped working errors. No problems at all with this ROM at all until this.. Any ideas. Alls I did was get a notification and clicked on it in the pulldown status bar. Cleared cache and rebooted. Still will not start up....

Gmail is a TBO app. Permissions for it must be granted during the setup. You will see a notification in the Status bar for that. Just open that notification and select OK when the panel pops up for it. Then you shouldn't see any issues with it. Unless you are using a different set of gapps then the ones posted in the OP, that is the way to fix this.

What Gapps are you using?

new_animated_sig.gif

#322 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

Loving Carbon versions...........  looking at the carbon site, it shows vertical ribbons.  I don't see how to activate them however.  Am I missing a menu somewhere?

Proud father of a US Marine

#323 AOC612

AOC612

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

I love this ROM! I have issue with gmail. It won't open. I installed the pa_gapps dark theme and it won't work. Do I just do a dirty flash on top of it?

#324 tmord1

tmord1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Question for anyone out there, been running this rom for a few days and it's been great.  Suddenly, I lost my apn settings (Verizon) and when I go to put the in, they do not save, have tried a few times.  Cannot send mms now.  Was working great until today, no new software/updates.  Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

edit: This is really strange, I've realized the problem is only when I take pictures with the phone camera.  The photos are saved into the following path storage/sdcard1/dcim/camera/  All my other pictures are in a folder in the following path storage/sdcard1/pictures/...(folder name).  I can send any picture in the latter folders as an mms.  I cannot send any photo taken with the camera stored in dcim path. If I move the picture with a file app to a different folder I can then send it.  The same is true if the photo taken by the camera is stored on the internal or external storage (when in the dcim folder).  The camera does not allow you to change the "save" path in settings.

Has any one else notice this issue?  if you have, any solutions short of moving photos manually.

As an aside, I was first confused b/c I was getting the message no apn settings for this device in my message app the the picture wouldn't send, but again, I've realized this is only for pictures taken by the phone and stored in the dcim path.

Any suggestions appreciated :rolleyes:

#325 xtheskinnyx

xtheskinnyx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Unfortunately, Gmail has stopped working errors. No problems at all with this ROM at all until this.. Any ideas. Alls I did was get a notification and clicked on it in the pulldown status bar. Cleared cache and rebooted. Still will not start up....

Check what version Google play services your running, the latest update broke blacked out gmail
If it's later than 4.2.43 that's the gmail fc

#326 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

It didn't break the gmail I have in the package linked in the op. Strange issue

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#327 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Question for anyone out there, been running this rom for a few days and it's been great. Suddenly, I lost my apn settings (Verizon) and when I go to put the in, they do not save, have tried a few times. Cannot send mms now. Was working great until today, no new software/updates. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

edit: This is really strange, I've realized the problem is only when I take pictures with the phone camera. The photos are saved into the following path storage/sdcard1/dcim/camera/ All my other pictures are in a folder in the following path storage/sdcard1/pictures/...(folder name). I can send any picture in the latter folders as an mms. I cannot send any photo taken with the camera stored in dcim path. If I move the picture with a file app to a different folder I can then send it. The same is true if the photo taken by the camera is stored on the internal or external storage (when in the dcim folder). The camera does not allow you to change the "save" path in settings.
Has any one else notice this issue? if you have, any solutions short of moving photos manually.

As an aside, I was first confused b/c I was getting the message no apn settings for this device in my message app the the picture wouldn't send, but again, I've realized this is only for pictures taken by the phone and stored in the dcim path.

Just tried it using the latest update in the OP and didn't have that issue. Have you flashed the latest update? Did you dirty flash it? If you have the latest update boot into recovery and wipe both cache and dalvic then re flash the update. SMS IS FIXED USING MMS

new_animated_sig.gif

#328 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Loving Carbon versions...........  looking at the carbon site, it shows vertical ribbons.  I don't see how to activate them however.  Am I missing a menu somewhere?

Copied from Carbons Website...

Note: These features were all present on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and will slowly be added back for Android 4.4 KitKat as time progresses.

Stay tuned..

new_animated_sig.gif

#329 jeff0r3

jeff0r3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Gmail was working fine for me. Last night I went to open an email and now it will only fc.. It doesnt say FC, it just doesnt open and a small box says unfortunately, Gmail has stopped working.. My version is 4.7.2.. Like I said, it was working flawless. I am using the same pa-gapps as in the OP..

#330 xtheskinnyx

xtheskinnyx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

The TBO thread on XDA discusses the 'gmail has stopped thing', I've had it happen on three different devices...If you go into settings/apps go to google play settings and uninstall updates, after you deactivate device administrator, it will work like a charm until the play services update again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • jeff0r3 likes this

#331 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Question for anyone out there, been running this rom for a few days and it's been great. Suddenly, I lost my apn settings (Verizon) and when I go to put the in, they do not save, have tried a few times. Cannot send mms now. Was working great until today, no new software/updates. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

edit: This is really strange, I've realized the problem is only when I take pictures with the phone camera. The photos are saved into the following path storage/sdcard1/dcim/camera/ All my other pictures are in a folder in the following path storage/sdcard1/pictures/...(folder name). I can send any picture in the latter folders as an mms. I cannot send any photo taken with the camera stored in dcim path. If I move the picture with a file app to a different folder I can then send it. The same is true if the photo taken by the camera is stored on the internal or external storage (when in the dcim folder). The camera does not allow you to change the "save" path in settings.
Has any one else notice this issue? if you have, any solutions short of moving photos manually.

I'm not on carbon, but I too have this problem. A "fix" I found is to insert the picture in your text like you normally would, click "view" on the preview within the messaging app, view it, hit back, then send. Let me know if it works for ya...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

67.85KB   50 downloads

I re-read your post, my problem is not exactly the same, but close. I actually couldn't send even after moving them with file manager.

#332 xtheskinnyx

xtheskinnyx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

BTW, loving this ROM nobe! it's been the smoothest I've had

• nobe1976 likes this

#333 tmord1

tmord1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Pistacio, Thanks for the advice, I use Chompsms and don't have a preview option before I send a photo.  But I finally think I figured it out...Chompsms compresses my photos to a smaller size to send them as mms, but with the newer camera on Carbonite, the files are saved in a much bigger size and apparently are not able to be compressed to a small enough size for sending by Chompsms.  I can get around it by using another app like pic resizer.  I am not sure why this was flagged with no apn settings?  If I shrink the larger pictures before sending, I have no problem.  It was only the pictures in the dcim path b/c that is where the new camera saves pictures by default, I don't think the path itself played a role. All my old pictures are not in that path. Thanks for trying to help thought!

#334 pistacio

pistacio

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Locationsoutheast MA
  • Current Device(s):XT926 Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, Nexus 7 (car install)

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Pistacio, Thanks for the advice, I use Chompsms and don't have a preview option before I send a photo. But I finally think I figured it out...Chompsms compresses my photos to a smaller size to send them as mms, but with the newer camera on Carbonite, the files are saved in a much bigger size and apparently are not able to be compressed to a small enough size for sending by Chompsms. I can get around it by using another app like pic resizer. I am not sure why this was flagged with no apn settings? If I shrink the larger pictures before sending, I have no problem. It was only the pictures in the dcim path b/c that is where the new camera saves pictures by default, I don't think the path itself played a role. All my old pictures are not in that path. Thanks for trying to help thought!

I'll try to shrink my pictures also to see if my problem goes away, so thank you for your suggestion!

#335 NAKAMONIEL

NAKAMONIEL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

This was only ROM i had tried till last update that had bluetooth working just fine with data transfer and car connect, however with latest update it went bad just like many other roms, what changed? Can you please fix it? Thanks

#336 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

It may be caused by the Unified build setup or within the source. I will have to look at the changes to know for sure. I left the previous builds is post #3 JIC.

new_animated_sig.gif

#337 jeff0r3

jeff0r3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt926

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

Am I the only one having problems with gmail?  I can get it to work with an above post..  However when I do that it won't let me connect to googleplay.

#338 xtheskinnyx

xtheskinnyx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

Am I the only one having problems with gmail? I can get it to work with an above post.. However when I do that it won't let me connect to googleplay.

What's the problem with gmail?

#339 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:32 AM

Am I the only one having problems with gmail?  I can get it to work with an above post..  However when I do that it won't let me connect to googleplay.

Yeah it turns out that the Dark Gmail that is in the gapp package is having issues because of the recent updates Google has done with Google Services. The only work around would be to use a rooted file browser and go into the system/app partition and delete the app all together then reboot. Then grab the one off of the Playstore for right now until a new work around for the Google services is made. Thanks. 

• jl90 and jeff0r3 like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#340 NAKAMONIEL

NAKAMONIEL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Yeah it turns out that the Dark Gmail that is in the gapp package is having issues because of the recent updates Google has done with Google Services. The only work around would be to use a kittensed file browser and go into the system/app partition and delete the app all together then reboot. Then grab the one off of the Playstore for right now until a new work around for the Google services is made. Thanks. 

For me not just Gmail but also Play store stopped working all-together. For now I ended up reverting back to your previous build. Waiting eagerly on next update that sort out out bluetooth issue on ROM and updates inverted Gapps. I know there is thread for updated PA-Gapps on a very regular basis, but I haven't located one that has all Gapps inverted updated on regular basis, anyone aware of such thing?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, XT926, rom, kitkat, Carbon, Razr Maxx HD, DARK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users