#1 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hi
Rooted my Razr, installed ics ota, rooted phone, installed 215 leak and Titanium back up on SD. Installed and removed safe boot. I am on stock ROM have downloaded no customs. Phone will not boot up. Goes to Logo and then shuts down. I cannot get into the phone to reach the Titanium back up. Can anyone help?
Thanks
datercon

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Hi
Rooted my Razr, installed ics ota, rooted phone, installed 215 leak and Titanium back up on SD. Installed and removed safe boot. I am on stock ROM have downloaded no customs. Phone will not boot up. Goes to Logo and then shuts down. I cannot get into the phone to reach the Titanium back up. Can anyone help?
Thanks
datercon

Have you tried going into Moto's recovery and doing a factory reset?

#3 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

Have you tried going into Moto's recovery and doing a factory reset?

Yes, unfortunately the only screen that I can get to remain up by pushing the power and volume down keys is the fast boot screen. Pushing power, volume down, and volume up does not work, the logo comes up and the system shuts down.
Thanks for your help
Datercon

#4 neur0tk

neur0tk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:neur0tk
  • Google+:neur0tk1@gmail.com
  • LocationLatrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

Have you tried using Matt's util 1.8.1 and fastboot your razr back to stock. 211??

Sent from my simplex maxx

#5 gbrooke

gbrooke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter:gbrooke
  • Locationcentral cali

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:14 AM

Have you tried using Matt's util 1.8.1 and fastboot your razr back to stock. 211??

+1

#6 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

+1

Hello neur0tk. I would like to try this but how do I use Matt's utility if I cannot get it on to the razr?
Thanks

#7 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hello neur0tk. I would like to try this but how do I use Matt's utility if I cannot get it on to the razr?
Thanks

If you can get to the fastboot screen like you said, that is where you would want to be when you use the utility.

#8 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hello neuro0tk, I am reposting as I just realized that the last reply went to "gbrooke". I am not sure why s/he is in the thread with a "+1". At any rate, how do I use Matt's utility 1.8 if I cannot get on to my razr?
Thanks
Datercon

#9 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Hello neuro0tk, I am reposting as I just realized that the last reply went to "gbrooke". I am not sure why s/he is in the thread with a "+1". At any rate, how do I use Matt's utility 1.8 if I cannot get on to my razr?
Thanks
Datercon

"+1" just means "I agree with this person", or "Count me as an additional person that would have told you the same thing if they had not beat me to it."

Download the tool, install Moto drivers, put your phone into Fastboot mode, plug your phone into your computer, run the option to install/restore .211 (should be option 1, but I haven't opened the tool in quite a while).

#10 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

"+1" just means "I agree with this person", or "Count me as an additional person that would have told you the same thing if they had not beat me to it."

Thank you neur0tk, I have learned something. Also, I went to Matt's utility and I see that he provides a lot of information that would answer my previous question. Should have gone there first, apologies.
Datercon

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

Matt 1.81 utility is a tool that's run from a pc with your razr plugged into it (and in ap fastboot mode). It is not a tool that is run on the actual phone. It's designed to restore a phone back to stock even if the phone is unresponsive.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:01 AM

Matt 1.81 utility is a tool that's run from a pc with your razr plugged into it (and in ap fastboot mode). It is not a tool that is run on the actual phone. It's designed to restore a phone back to stock even if the phone is unresponsive.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Hello
Excuse the delay in response. I have plugged in my phone (solid white light is showing in the upper left hand corner) and I have loaded the drivers and utility on to my PC. I cannot get my phone into fast boot mode. I have tried pushing the up and down volume plus power numerous times and I have removed the SD card to no avail. Do you have any ideas about where I can go next?

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hello
Excuse the delay in response. I have plugged in my phone (solid white light is showing in the upper left hand corner) and I have loaded the drivers and utility on to my PC. I cannot get my phone into fast boot mode. I have tried pushing the up and down volume plus power numerous times and I have removed the SD card to no avail. Do you have any ideas about where I can go next?

Ok wait, from a powered off state you need to press and hold Vol +, Vol - and Power all at the same time. Push and hold down all 3 together. Hold them for about 5 second. You should then get loaded into the bootloader screen. That's not happening? You make actually have another problem with your phone that you didn't cause if you can't even get the bootloader up.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#14 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hello
Please excuse the delayed response. I have been working on this issue continuously to no avail. My battery is totally dead. I purchased a Motorola programming cable and located an adapter to take it from mini to micro connection. The literature indicates that the cable is used to program Motorola Radios, however it was the only programming cable that I found available on the forums.

The cable carries no power, so as a result the phone would neither charge or power on. All of the tricks (hold plus minus, plug in charger, navigate to "PB Tools, volume up) do not work. The phone simply continues to return to the Moto icon. I have learned how to navigate the fast boot and recovery screens but they obviously cannot be used without battery power.

I understand that one can take the phone apart and "hotwire" the battery. This looks pretty risky to me.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated, tho I think that I have taken this about as far as I can.

Thanks again

#15 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

is this the cable you purchased?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It's designed to give enough electricity to allow the phone to operate while flashing but not enough to charge it. As a matter of fact using this cable to flash doesn't even require a battery at all.
Posted Image

#16 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hi
No. I wanted to purchase this one, however it was "out of stock". The part number that I purchased is HKLN4280A, model number RKN4155A

#17 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hi
No. I wanted to purchase this one, however it was "out of stock". The part number that I purchased is HKLN4280A, model number RKN4155A

All I can suggest at this point then is to make your own or wait until stock becomes available. Whatever you decide to do, keep an eye out on TBH site and order one as soon as they become available. This should be the one piece of equipment in everyones arsenal if you're interested in flashing

EDIT: The cable you have is for 2 way radios, not cell phones
Posted Image

#18 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thank you Nitewolf. The cable is on its way back to Amazon. I will make up a cable to continuing attacking this. Thanks for your help. If I could ask one more related question.

If you know... Once I have re charged the phone and can get to the fastboot screen. I have backed up all of my settings (rooted using ICS 215 leak) on to my sdcard using Titanium back up.
My Question: Can I get to the SD card to use to TItanium to restore by using the "recovery" option, or should I use Matt's utility 1.81 to root back to stock?

Thanks again

#19 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

You will need to use the utility to fastboot back to stock. From there you can use the utility to root and restore all your info from Titanium Backup.

Here is another factory cable:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

One of the members on here has ordered one and confirmed it works like the TBH cable linked to earlier.

#20 datercon

datercon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Thank you Brad, I will give this a try as soon as I can get one shipped. Thank you also for the help with how to proceed from the Fastboot once I have power. It looks like when I use the utility I will go back to 211 and will then achieve leak 215 once I restore from Titanium. I may just restore apps and data as I understand that there are sometimes issues with using TItanium to restore system files.
Thanks Again, this has been a big help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Titanium, Rooted, ICS, lead 215

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users