• LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and

have already embraced the tiny-tablet form factor. It only makes sense that

would want to carve out a niche of this niche for themselves. Rumors of a five-inch HTC device have been circulating for some time, but now a report from DigiTimes is lending some credence to those murmurings, and a mysterious handset from the Taiwanese manufacturer has popped up over atGLBenchmark. According to unnamed sources the company has been working on a flagship level (One XXL?) device with a stunning 1794 x 1080, due to be released in either September or October. If you're taking that claim with a grain of salt, we don't blame you. But, an entry for the HTC 6435LVW that just popped up at GLBenchmark.com seems to fit the billy pretty nicely. It has the same listed resolution, which we assume is actually a 1920 x 1080 panel with room set aside for Android's soft keys. The device info has it running ICS, version 4.0.4 to be specific, on a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 -- which should make it quite the powerful piece of hardware. The software build also singles it out as a Verizon handset, which means it'll be packing an LTE radio as well. Whether the rumored stylus is included, a la the

, remains to be seen, but, we shouldn't have to wait much longer to find out for sure.

ORIGINAL SOURCE:

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

I personally am lost on the whole phablet thing. They're way too big to used as a phone but way too small to really be a functional tablet. To me a 7' tablet is already too small and a 4.6" phone is already obnoxious in my pocket and retarded looking when held up to my ear like a phone. Who really buys these things? They remind me of today's version of the 1980's brick phones. If anyone can rationalize them, please by all means, fill me in. Cause I do not get it.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

I personally am lost on the whole phablet thing. They're way too big to used as a phone but way too small to really be a functional tablet. To me a 7' tablet is already too small and a 4.6" phone is already obnoxious in my pocket and retarded looking when held up to my ear like a phone. Who really buys these things? They remind me of today's version of the 1980's brick phones. If anyone can rationalize them, please by all means, fill me in. Cause I do not get it.

0_0 I always said I wanted a phablet but I didn't even think about what I would look like talking on it... -___- fml

#4 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

It's not for me either, but I would think it is great for the person that does not make a whole bunch of phone calls. Especially people who keep their phone in a bag, or purse. I mean really, why wouldn't you want a bigger screen for surfing, texting, gaming, etc. The only downside I see is size in a pocket, or like you said, using it as a phone.

#5 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

I felt (and still feel) the same way about my Razr Maxx. Sure she has a 4.3'' screen but factor in the rest of the phone and it is no small piece of hardware. Using the Galaxy Note to talk isn't actually nearly as awkward as it might initially seem as it's footprint is not that much bigger than my Razr Maxx with a Cruzer Lite case on it and that case only increases the phone size by 1/4 of a centimeter on each side at most. I use a messenger bag or a backpack everywhere I go so pockets aren't a huge concern for me. At any rate I have trouble stuffing my old Fascinate into my jeans and I don't even wear the testicle crunching skinny ones either...

#6 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

I think a 6'2 linebacker would want a 5" screen :P I met one that has just that, a Dell Streak 5.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#7 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'm not a football player and I'm about 5'10 but I'll sport that darn 5 inch TV! Lol

Sent from my .215 simpleX RAZR

#8 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm 6'1 and my X my RAZR feels almost small to me sometimes. I'd buy a 5" phone

#9 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: htc, phablet, phone, tablet, ics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users