Rhae7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:_julianne92
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

I got mine this morning and charged it until it was full. Turned it on and it stopped working after like 2 hours, I pressed the on switch and no lights came on. I thought it probably was out of juice so I plugged it in, but it still has 60% on it. Mine's probably defective. I'll give it another go and if it's the same, I'll return mine.

#83 lifeisgood

lifeisgood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

I got mine this morning and charged it until it was full. Turned it on and it stopped working after like 2 hours, I pressed the on switch and no lights came on. I thought it probably was out of juice so I plugged it in, but it still has 60% on it. Mine's probably defective. I'll give it another go and if it's the same, I'll return mine.

I actually have the exact same problem, thought it was just me but guess not. I'm going to wait for one more day to see if it fixed itself but if not I'm going to get a replacement one. I ordered it from qq-tech on amazon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#84 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

ya mine was shutting off also....I am in contact with seller and they are stating that the battery pack needs to be at 100% charge and then when battery on phone gets low, it will recharge the phone battery back to 100%. But if the pack tries to start off at say 60% of its charge it wont work, it will shut down and then not work until fully charged again. I am confused by all of this but I will see how this thing works over the next few days

#85 Rhae7

Rhae7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

ya mine was shutting off also....I am in contact with seller and they are stating that the battery pack needs to be at 100% charge and then when battery on phone gets low, it will recharge the phone battery back to 100%. But if the pack tries to start off at say 60% of its charge it wont work, it will shut down and then not work until fully charged again. I am confused by all of this but I will see how this thing works over the next few days

I'm confused with that explanation too. I mean, what's the use if it won't start when it's 60%? I really want this to work out great
  • lifeisgood likes this

#86 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

I dunno either but I just tested it with pack at 100% and it stayed on charging the phone battery so maybe thats how its made...more testing to be done

#87 Rhae7

Rhae7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

I dunno either but I just tested it with pack at 100% and it stayed on charging the phone battery so maybe thats how its made...more testing to be done

So the phone has to have a low battery first before we can use the pack? What I thought of doing with it was to charge both my phone and the pack at 100%, connect them together, turn on the pack and let it hold my phone at 100% until the pack dies and then that's when the internal battery kicks in. I guess I can't do that?

#88 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

So the phone has to have a low battery first before we can use the pack? What I thought of doing with it was to charge both my phone and the pack at 100%, connect them together, turn on the pack and let it hold my phone at 100% until the pack dies and then that's when the internal battery kicks in. I guess I can't do that?

I dunno that may work too...I re read this thread and saw a few people saying they were going to do just what u said..not sure how that worked out though.

#89 lifeisgood

lifeisgood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

If this problem persists, I might email them too and see if I can get a little better explanation, or see if it's just a defect and if I can exchange it for a new one.

#90 nevildev

nevildev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

I dunno that may work too...I re read this thread and saw a few people saying they were going to do just what u said..not sure how that worked out though.

I've been charging both the pack and phone plugged in for over a week now with no problems ....

- Wake up 5amish, unplug cord from battery case (phone in case, both charged 100 percent)
- Hold down power on back of battery case for 4 seconds, case turns on
- phone stays at 100 percent until 5pmish when case runs out
- go to bed, plug in cord to bottom of battery case with phone in it... Phone charges first, then case overnight

Let me know if that didn't make sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#91 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

thank you I will try this

#92 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Yeah, i just run my phone off the pack as soon as i put my phone in it. It last me 13hours+ depending on my usage. Really havent used the phone battery much.

Make It Your Own

#93 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Amazon sale ended.

Invictus Maneo!

#94 Rhae7

Rhae7

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

So I tested it out again and the battery pack lasted for 6 hours today with moderate use, better than 2 hours from yesterday, then my internal battery kicked in. It had probably around 10-20% left when I charged it. I'll see if it'll last longer tomorrow.

#95 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

Amazon sale ended.

Amazon sale is back on, but now selling for $29 instead of $24

#96 lifeisgood

lifeisgood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well it's been another day, and the case has since turned off on me multiple times. I emailed the seller to see if I can exchange it for a new one, still awaiting a reply.

#97 chiahead52

chiahead52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well it's been another day, and the case has since turned off on me multiple times. I emailed the seller to see if I can exchange it for a new one, still awaiting a reply.

same here also..its going back

#98 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

same here also..its going back

Perhaps it's cutting off after sensing its not actually charging anything.

Invictus Maneo!

#99 M42duster

M42duster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

When you attach the battery turn it on. You will notice that it will start charging the internal battery. Once complete, the phone will run off the external battery.

Once the external battery reaches 20% it will disconnect and run off the internal battery.

Leave the pack attached and charge thru its own port. It will first charge until the internal battery is charged, then it will charge the external pack.

#100 lifeisgood

lifeisgood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Perhaps it's cutting off after sensing its not actually charging anything.

Even if it didn't detect anything, the lights would still light up when you press the power button. What happens to me is that the case just completely stops working. The lights won't light up and the case won't turn on, even if it has lots of battery left. This happened to me literally right after charging the case to 100%. It only starts working again after I plug it in to an outlet.

When you attach the battery turn it on. You will notice that it will start charging the internal battery. Once complete, the phone will run off the external battery. Once the external battery reaches 20% it will disconnect and run off the internal battery. Leave the pack attached and charge thru its own port. It will first charge until the internal battery is charged, then it will charge the external pack.

This is what I was planning to do, but every time I try this, the case stops working before it even gets to 60%. I'm hoping that I can get a new one without this problem. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Thanks to my ability to speak some Chinese, I was able to communicate my problem clearly to the seller, who is allowing me to return the defective case for a full refund. I am now debating whether or not I should buy another one, in hopes that it won't have this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users