German Dachshund :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGER
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT910 (Maxxed)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hello everyone.
(I'm following this since I'm also interested in a battery upgrade but think that the maxx conversion kit quite steep)

For the slipperiness of the plastic material:
Is there any objection to applying 1 thin layer of clear coat paint to the surface? Chosing the right type would immediately eliminate the surface's slipperiness.

My phone: Motorola Razr GSM XT910 "Maxxed" - Running stock JB 4.1.2 @ Lightning Launcher + Zooper Widgets PRO

#102 Scipio

Scipio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

I've had no problems so far. I let my battery drain to about 30 percent and then turn it on, that. It then charges it all the way back up to full. Also then I don't need to charge the battery pack everyday if I don't use it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

eb7gn6.png

#103 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Suggestion for the "slipperyness" : Rust-Oleum Leak Sealer. It's a spray on rubber used to seal gutters & such sold at Home Depot in the spray paint aisle. It's black in color & shouldn't look too bad with a decent masking tape job.

#104 bstrong

bstrong

Savior of the Razrs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Twitter:bstrong11
  • Google+:bstrong9211
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

$25.98 shipped
Invictus Maneo!

#105 drdiehl

drdiehl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Some pictures of battery on my phone. It came today, and I will post any problems.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#106 LuisLA

LuisLA

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJ-Town

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Love the battery pack!
Its All Love.. Love

#107 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Twitter:@Bolognasez
  • Google+:bolowneeez@gmail.com
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

So the general consensus is that these work?
I was originally gonna get one for my Gnex and my Razr. My only qualm is that my Ebay extended battery is 4000mah. Granted it didn't read 4000mah in any of the battery monitors but, telling the seller that did get me a free extra one sent to my home so I can't complain.
They worked excellent but they made the Bionic FAT. No PH. Just FAT.
Dont wanna go that route anymore even though I seemed to be the only person with an issue with it's thickness.
So I searched for these. Found them but was very suspect. After all it is a case that provides NO protection so I started looking at external options.
Almost bought this on impulse

Posted Image
$179 for a bookbag and a 6000mah battery? No thanks. My hyperion 4000's were $15.
Decided it might be useful to charge other people's gadgets too. I mean you really should of seen me Friday looking for a power outlet in the middle of a Children's Miracle Network Champions Event. All I was supposed to be doing is clapping...and drinking lol.
Anyway, I've read good things about New Trent and am now looking at one of these to put in any bag.
Posted Image

2 separate devices @ 9900mah
$61.95
There is also a 4 port 1 floating around here somewhere that I can't find a link to at the moment that works great with tablets as well
Posted Image

#108 drdiehl

drdiehl

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

The battery pack works great(so far). I am happy with the extra hours I get, and at $26 it was worth the gamble. It is very slippery, but that can be easly addressed. It does add alot of extra weight to the phone, but I think it's worth it.
The little manual that comes with it is worthless. Playing with the power button, it's easy to figure out how to make it work and how to tell if you're turning it off or on. It fits the phone snuggly and seems to be well made. I posted some pics on a post above the other day. Well worth the money. Now if I could just find a gel case to fit, that would be great!!

#109 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

So against better judgement and namebrands I went with the reviews on my portable battery pack. This is the one that will arrive tomorrow

Posted Image
1 proprietary charging cable :angry:
3 usb ports
11000mAh capacity
Sturdy buttons
$49.95

With this I shall be King of All Usb Charging Gadgets! :D

It should be fine as long as i don't lose the charging cable. I've never lost the charging cable before..........i don't think
Posted Image

#110 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Wow, that thing is ugly man.

$
Posted Image

#111 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

yeah it actually looks alot better in person. the grey is actually a shiny silver. Its about the same dimensions as the razr except in thickness. it is a battery but its not to big or heavy. i saw the moto onss but they didnt have any that were the size i was looking for
Posted Image

#112 cmorty72

cmorty72

Breaking, bending, and fixing things

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitter:z00mer
  • Google+:Christopher
  • LocationIn front of my p.c. or on my Razr HD Maxx
  • Current Device(s):Moto Razr Maxx HD 32G

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well... I took the plunge on this external Razr add-on, and ordered one through Amazon yesterday for $28.00. It should be arriving no later than next week on Thursday (Oct. 4th.).

As far as preventing the slickness of the device... why not use some plastidip? If you don't like it you can ALWAYS peel it off without any damage to the device.
USN 1996-2007, OS1 (SW/AW/VBSS)

#113 Bologna

Bologna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf of Mexico

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

I must say that the incredicharge is more than surpassing my expectations. After getting the battery properly calibrated we no longer have to worry about leaving home with any of our devices.
No more having to find a table by the outlet so that I can get a quick charge. No Sireee, everything I need is always with me now. I can even charge my lapdock from it!!!
Posted Image

#114 Mick

Mick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ/Santa Paula, CA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm using it on my XT-912 Droid RAZR. What EXACTLY is an OG RAZR?? I've never seen one.

Mick

#115 lifeisgood

lifeisgood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

I have the N Y X 2400mah battery but it's not always obvious if it s on or off. I'm using it on my
XT-912 Droid RAZR. What EXACTLY is an OG RAZR?? I've never seen one.

Mick

Og means original, so it's just the droid razr, not the droid razr maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#116 Mick

Mick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ/Santa Paula, CA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Og means original, so it's just the droid razr, not the droid razr maxx.

Thanks, orig. = original and maxx= maxx, razr=razr(not maxx)

#117 a4udi98

a4udi98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

just ordered the battery pack case. hope I don't have issues as in the amazon reviews or this thread. I can deal with slipperiness.

#118 jfeath01

jfeath01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

just ordered the battery pack case. hope I don't have issues as in the amazon reviews or this thread. I can deal with slipperiness.

I am waiting on my second replacement from QQ-Tech because of multiple issues. Here is a list of the the problems I had:

-Randomly turning themselves on and off without touching the power button.
-Frequently would not come on without first plugging into a usb power source even after the pack was fully charged.
-Never got it to charge past 70% of the phone without turning itself off. This may not be a defect because the vendor e-mailed me that the external battery would turn itself off when the phone had more charged than the external battery.

I would definitely not purchase this product again. I've spent about half the cost of the sale price in shipping. If there were other products like it I would look into them, but I haven't found any.

#119 matthewmurrayjr

matthewmurrayjr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Just received the battery case from Amazon. It was shipped from Louisiana, so it got here very quickly. It works amazingly, worth a lot more than I paid. It charged up my (20% left) Razr all the way to 97%ish.

#120 a4udi98

a4udi98

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

I got the case a few weeks ago, prior to Hurricane Sandy and boy did it help. I haven't experienced any issues with it. Most of the time I keep it on my razr and then activate it once the battery falls below 30%. It also works if I keep it on when the razr i charged fully, it just discharges the battery pack before the internal battery.

Would be nice if someone took this to the next step and made an app that would automatically initiate the pack once the battery level fell below a user defined percentage, but its easy enough to push a button.

If you're hesitant due to the mixed reviews, just give it a shot. The worst your going to lose is ~$25 bucks. If it doesn work then you can invest in the razr maxx conversion. (currently on sale for $120 at cellularDR.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users