#1 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Red Widow Theme

This theme is for andlaw's Black Widow AOKP Milestone 6 rom. This is NOT for the .214 base or CM9 rom.

Big thanks to:
andlaw for the awesome rom and all his help with my problems
spc_hicks for his guide on apktool -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

mopar57 for his guide on apkmanager -

hashcode for his base that I pulled a few apk's from
mattlgroff for his help in the chat
24v for helping with the keyboard

What has been themed:
Framework-res
Browser
Calculator
Camera
Contacts
Clock
CPU Sleeper
Downloads
DSPManager
Email
Gallery
Gmail
Google quick search box
Google Voice
LatinIME (keyboard)
Maps
Google Music
Mms
Phone
PhoneInfo
ROM Control
Root Browser
Settings
SmsPopup
Superuser
SystemUI
Talk
Wifi Tether
YouTube

Some are themed as far as possible and some are just a simple icon change.

Flash only in safestrap 2.0

Install Instructions:
Download Red Widow theme

or

Place Theme on external OR internal sdcard
Reboot into recovery
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik cache
Flash Theme
Reboot

Change log:
v1.1 8/8/12 - Updated framework to add red icons to menu that pops up when you hold the power button.

v1.2 8/17/12 - Fixed force close error on phone/contacts. Also themed icons for CPU Sleeper, Downloads, and Wifi Tether.

Red Widow boot animation can be found here:

There will be some slight changes from what these pictures show. You may not even notice them, but I get really anal when making these themes so I went back and made adjustments to make it more complete and flow better.

Additional screen shots can be found in the link below these.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

You can also look at the screen shots from this theme as this is just a port from the work I did on that one.

Enjoy and of course post back any bugs or changes you think should be made.
  • andlaw and usmcamgrimm like this

#2 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Also I have had problems compiling contacts which has kept me from changing the white background in contacts to black and from being able to remove some of the ics blue out of the contacts. If I can figure it out I will definitely update this theme.

#3 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:14 AM

Also I have had problems compiling contacts which has kept me from changing the white background in contacts to black and from being able to remove some of the ics blue out of the contacts. If I can figure it out I will definitely update this theme.

If you can figure it out, please let me know. This is the issue I was telling you about before.
Theme looks great, added to the list.

#4 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Great looking theme DSG, love me some Red and Black

One suggestion: I like the reflective icons, but some of them can be hard to see at times, or maybe it's just me. I'm only looking at the screenshots.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#5 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:05 AM

If you can figure it out, please let me know. This is the issue I was telling you about before.
Theme looks great, added to the list.

Ah I see what you mean. I guess it is just a problem with aokp roms. Im still working on it so I'll let you know. Do you know if cm9 does that also?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#6 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Ah I see what you mean. I guess it is just a problem with aokp roms. Im still working on it so I'll let you know. Do you know if cm9 does that also?

It could just be the black background that's throwing it off. Idk about AOKP and CM9 affecting it, i just think that the icon reflection colors from black to red to black may blend in.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#7 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

It could just be the black background that's throwing it off. Idk about AOKP and CM9 affecting it, i just think that the icon reflection colors from black to red to black may blend in.

Yeah I could see that. For me it was made just how I like it. I wanted to make it red but still keep some of the darkness from the stock black widow theme. If others don't like it I can edit the icons pretty quick though.

Here it is on a different background :D.

Attached Files

#8 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

As far as I know CM9 has the same problem. I wonder if we could sawp the contacts apk for the one from the moto roms? I think I tried that before also, but can't remember.

#9 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Going to update tonight. Found I missed some of the icons in the menu when you hold the power button

#10 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Updated to fix colors of the icons that pop up when you hold the power button down.

#11 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

my contacts bg is white as well, it uses the image from framework for it.. the other colors can be changed through xml edits without tearing apart contacts and adding in lines to use its own image for bg, there are some sources i found over on xda to help blacking out apks, but. dialog_full_holo_light.9 [found in framework-res > res > drawable-hdpi is the image that runs bg in contacts and a few other screens, main reason i left it stock light grey. .. hope that helps a lil, sorry took so long been busy as $!#7 with work~ :wub:

btw, lookin good man! thanks again for the theme** BW FTW

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#12 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

As far as I know CM9 has the same problem. I wonder if we could sawp the contacts apk for the one from the moto roms? I think I tried that before also, but can't remember.

contacts/phone from Moto based rom wont work. as they are using blur not aosp, unfortunately ..

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#13 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

contacts/phone from Moto based rom wont work. as they are using blur not aosp, unfortunately ..

No way to make xml edits easily :( In the searching I did the only option I found was to compile the apk from source which is way above my understanding.

#14 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Links temporarily taken down. I have to fix a force close error with the phone/contacts tonight.

#15 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Link is back up and I updated phone/contacts so no more force closes and also themed icons for CPU Sleeper, Downloads, and Wifi Tether.

#16 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Dumb questions...
1. In the app drawer and on my screens, only a couple of icons are themed. If I long press on home screen and add an app shortcut, it shows them themed, but when I add it to my the home screen they are not themed. Do I need to change something?
2. What is the code for the red you used? The clock isn't red but I can change that...

Exodus-Sig%204.png

#17 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Dumb questions...
1. In the app drawer and on my screens, only a couple of icons are themed. If I long press on home screen and add an app shortcut, it shows them themed, but when I add it to my the home screen they are not themed. Do I need to change something?
2. What is the code for the red you used? The clock isn't red but I can change that...

Yeah the clock color has to be changed through Rom Control. The code for the red is CD0000. As far as the icons I'm not real sure. I'll look into it tomorrow when I get some time.

Also it may be the cause of the problem, but I've found that if an app was has a newer update on your phone than the version I themed it will not show the themed icon. Could you tell which apps in particular are not showing the themed icons?

#18 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Dude you're like a machine! lol

#19 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Dude you're like a machine! lol

Lol like everyone said, android is an addiction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#20 usmcamgrimm

usmcamgrimm

Berserker

• Developer
  • 958 posts
  • Twitter:@usmcamgrimm
  • LocationMassillon, OH
  • Current Device(s):VZW G3

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

The only themed icons in the app drawer are clock and root browser. GTalk is themed on the lock screen but not in the drawer or on my home screen. They are all themed on the "All Apps" page under System Settings though.

Exodus-Sig%204.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users