Team Horizon developer

• Developer
  • 342 posts
  • Twitter:pcarenza
  • Google+:pcarenza@gmail.com
  • LocationTampa Bay
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD, Nexus 7

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

I don't quite get it - is this folder supposed to appear when you're in MTP mode, or do we have to switch back to Mass Storage to get this to work? If the latter, how is it useful for adb?

#22 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

I don't quite get it - is this folder supposed to appear when you're in MTP mode, or do we have to switch back to Mass Storage to get this to work? If the latter, how is it useful for adb?

Switch back to Mass Storage to see it

#23 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Its suggested you copy it to the computer to run.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#24 pietro4rari89

pietro4rari89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Google+:4rari89@gmail.com

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

I love u ;)

#25 Techno

Techno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Great work! Thank you!
I brew the beer I drink.

#26 zbjones

zbjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Is there a benefit to using this, as opposed to placing all the included files on my sd card? I currently keep copies of all the mentioned files in a folder called "Root Tools" on my sd card, including razr utility 1.8

Just curious to know if there is an added benefit of having it this way instead of the way I currently have it.

-- Living Life From My RAZR's Edge --

#27 anti-razrmaxx

anti-razrmaxx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

Sorry to awaken a long dead topic, but my problem strongly relates to the instructions here.

I followed the instructions exactly on a rooted Droid Razr Maxx XT912 in attempt to redo the virtual cd mount. This topic's instructions had me excited and hopeful for solving my original annoyance.

I created my own virtual drive ISO because the one in the original post was broken. At first it was too big for the device to accept so I got an "out of memory" sort of error. Then I made one that was the right size and it successfully uploaded that.

When rebooting my phone appeared broken. This is all the text on the screen.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.74
eMMCInfo: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: cdrom): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: cdrom, status: 0X004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: cdrom)

These are the things I think are on my side at the moment:
1. I made a cdromBackup as the original poster said so I could attempt to reflash that IF I knew how while it can't boot up
2. My battery was full when it happened. I heard if the phone dies before I fix the problem I could need a special cable or be screwed.
3. My device is rooted and on stock OS version 4.0.4

IF I have to reflash everything I want to know how to export the databases within the device, what contains sms, or program settings, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This all happened because I was unhappy with my device being forced to have the extra junk, like the MotoCast installer which I can't have because I commonly connect to many different computers so the CDROM disable autorun trick wouldn't have worked for me.

I was very careful with what I did. I remember every detail of my action. I just don't know where to go from here. I must get back certain data. Simply wiping it isn't an option, but unbricking it is important too, if that's what this is.

Follow-up:
It was a miserable experience, but here is the solution thanks to the great admins this site has.
http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/5643-cdrom-mod-went-wrong-is-this-a-brick/page__pid__139591

Edited by anti-razrmaxx, 29 November 2012 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users