#61 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

The main difference is that the Xoom was a Nexus device, and the main bonus of buying a Nexus device is receiving updates right after they get pushed by Google. Not really comparable to any non-Nexus devices.

I think the Razr will get JB, but to be honest I wouldn't expect it this year. The Razr was the best selling android phone for a long time (the G-Nex was returned in record numbers), is still Moto's flagship, and selling well. It's the same situation we had with the ICS update - the devs will deliver far before Verizon does and with a much better product (and we do need to keep in mind that any delays aren't Moto's fault, but Verizon constantly returning builds). But now that we have kexec we really will have no reason to care when the official version comes out.

But to be honest I'm not really sure why people cared before kexec. As soon as ICS came out everyone was looking for a ROM for flash over it anyways.

Come on guys, please be civil. Remember that people are using a keyboard, not their mouth; it is impossible to guage attitude/sarcasm/meaning over the internet. And besides that we are all here for the same reason and with the sames goals, the least we can do is get along.

+1 and furthermore, with Kexec, we won't have the same hackenstein issues we had with the ICS over GB kernel problems because now we can incorporate kernels with our rom builds. So official is kind of a useless value anymore.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#62 MightyMackinac

MightyMackinac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Do you honestly think anyone with half a brain wouldn't know that I was kidding?

I get customers all of the time who honestly believe that Apple owns every company that makes an app just because its on their app store. I also get customers who believe that Google is the internet and the only way to do anything on the internet is to pay google for internet service. I swear to god. So, yes I do honestly think that someone, even with a whole brain, could read that and start flinging rumors.
  • dimitri407 likes this

#63 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Wow this got off the main topic quick.......

CarbonRazr, it's sharper than yours
Make It Your Own

#64 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

I get customers all of the time who honestly believe that Apple owns every company that makes an app just because its on their app store. I also get customers who believe that Google is the internet and the only way to do anything on the internet is to pay google for internet service. I swear to god. So, yes I do honestly think that someone, even with a whole brain, could read that and start flinging rumors.

Sorry to continue the thread hijacking but this comment made me think of the stupid things IT people get asked everyday from people who are supposed to be smart.
  • biggiesmalls657 likes this

#65 johnnyfrost

johnnyfrost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

and once again, someone making a comment on something they don't know anything about. Rest my case.

haha awwww...its ok. I didn't say anything about rates. It just seemed like because somebody might know something about computers and wanted to setup their own equipment, you think they don't know anything and they usually go with the "package" deal. So you charge people to setup a computer and OS for them.....does that make you an IT expert? I mean if you run an IT business that's fine but I see nothing wrong with someone telling you they don't want to pay you to do it because they can do it themselves. your comment "Someone who feels they are a guru on a computer but has no knowledge whatsoever of the vertical market I work in." is what I was curious about. I manage the IT infrastructure at my company of less than 10 people. I know my way around a computer and server. A "guru" as you stated. I really don't really care about your vertical market. If i want to setup a simple network in my office what does that have to do with the IT market? Nothing.

#66 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

I bet we have a jb ota by thanksgiving.

#67 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I bet we have a jb ota by thanksgiving.

Lol no

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#68 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Lol no

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Try to be a bit more optimistic man. Theres no reason we wont get it and im douting it will be after new years.

#69 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Try to be a bit more optimistic man. Theres no reason we wont get it and im douting it will be after new years.

Are you willing to hold your breath? Cuz after how long ICS took, I most definitely wouldn't be.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#70 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I would be willing to bet you that the RAZR will absolutely NOT see JB before then end of 2012.

#71 SyrStorm

SyrStorm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

I don't think there will be an EOL yet for a while for the RAZR. I mean the HTC Droid Incredible still got a good old maintenance upgrade a month ago and it also almost got an official ICS. This was also still after the fact that the HTC Droid Incredible 2 had been out for a long time. I just hope and expect that the RAZR won't hit EOL status

#72 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

haha awwww...its ok. I didn't say anything about rates. It just seemed like because somebody might know something about computers and wanted to setup their own equipment, you think they don't know anything and they usually go with the "package" deal. So you charge people to setup a computer and OS for them.....does that make you an IT expert? I mean if you run an IT business that's fine but I see nothing wrong with someone telling you they don't want to pay you to do it because they can do it themselves. your comment "Someone who feels they are a guru on a computer but has no knowledge whatsoever of the vertical market I work in." is what I was curious about. I manage the IT infrastructure at my company of less than 10 people. I know my way around a computer and server. A "guru" as you stated. I really don't really care about your vertical market. If i want to setup a simple network in my office what does that have to do with the IT market? Nothing.

Has nothing to do with networking. I don't mind in the least if they want to do their own networking. It's the point of sale software in question. They think they can just jump into it and set up all the various settings, program all the menus and options and such. Not something you can just do without knowing where everything is and how to setup tweaks in various files.

#73 Redsnk95

Redsnk95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

I have a Xoom (WiFi) tablet with JB and love it. Really hope they update the Razr to JB at some point in time. It would be very nice to have Google Now on my phone. My phone is a work phone so I try can't root it.

#74 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

I have a Xoom (WiFi) tablet with JB and love it. Really hope they update the Razr to JB at some point in time. It would be very nice to have Google Now on my phone. My phone is a work phone so I try can't root it.

We have Google Now fully working in a downloadable ZIP file. Do some research on here or XDA and find the ZIP file.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#75 Redsnk95

Redsnk95

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

We have Google Now fully working in a downloadable ZIP file. Do some research on here or XDA and find the ZIP file.

Yea I saw a thread earlier about it, just didn't have time to fully read it. I will check into it, if it is a file I can use on a stock phone. Thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users