#21 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

That's a little harsh hicks. I don't see any arguing here, I just see a few differing opinions. It's all good. These were just my suggestions to improve the experience on this website. There will be people who disagree and continue making inflammatory comments. That is obviously part of having an open forum and it can't be stopped.
  • sgtguthrie likes this
Posted Image

#22 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

Everybody shut the hell up!

The arguing stops now or I lock the damn thread and start even further action. Last damn warning, keep it civil and stop the damn arguments!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

That's a little harsh hicks. I don't see any arguing here, I just see a few differing opinions. It's all good. These were just my suggestions to improve the experience on this website. There will be people who disagree and continue making inflammatory comments. That is obviously part of having an open forum and it can't be stopped.

Gotta agree with rob on this one. I think this thread has gone about as smoothly as two opposing views can go when trying to make their points without wasting hours and pages being scared to clearly stand their point. Then again, I've got enough respect for you that I wouldn't be one to raise a fuss over a decision you make.

As to the earlier point Rob, I realize very well the heckling can be taken wrong. I however feel that if somebody should be able to handle a little heckling from somebody that gave them the answer they were looking for. If not, they would probably be the same immature people who drive devs away by constantly whining and harassing them.

#23 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Gotta agree with rob on this one. I think this thread has gone about as smoothly as two opposing views can go when trying to make their points without wasting hours and pages being scared to clearly stand their point. Then again, I've got enough respect for you that I wouldn't be one to raise a fuss over a decision you make.

As to the earlier point Rob, I realize very well the heckling can be taken wrong. I however feel that if somebody should be able to handle a little heckling from somebody that gave them the answer they were looking for. If not, they would probably be the same immature people who drive devs away by constantly whining and harassing them.

Agreed. I've been spit on, pissed on, feces thrown at me, had every bad word in the book hurled at me and my family, and I have to take it and be professional. I can handle things on here, you can handlethings on here , but some people can't and that's when the comment jousting starts. I just think it's better to not say anything at all when someone posts something annoying on here. Just don't answer. And I do believe there is a huge difference between heckling and downright rude and obnoxious. Heckling is done in jest, but some people go a little too far into rude and obnoxious.
Posted Image

#24 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Just my 2 coins portraying lincoln, while I agree with the point of thread I have my doubts on how effective it'll be. Look at anything on the internet especially youtube. IRL I have no problem biting my tongue and walking away, on here we can all hide behind our computers and bash people without reprimand. Not saying that's appropriate or right, just how things are these days. And there have been a few times here and elsewhere where I should have just walked away but instead of replied back....sometimes not as polite as I should. These are usually replying to things along the lines of warranty fraud, or ICS ruined my phone! when they don't realize it's just a setting change or two.

I am on the side that people should read first, ask later (and with tucstwo about a trend in society towards entitlement and participation ribbons). I think a worthy reply to a repeated question would be to answer, but also point out it's been asked before, please read next time. Or what I usually do is, look three posts before yours. But certainly don't bash them just because they didn't take the time to read. However, my main source of learning has been basically someone straight up telling me "I'm not going to walk you through it because you'll never learn. But here's a good thread to get you started, enjoy".

I'm confident everyone here is considerably more intelligent in the realms of modding than I am, but I do try to chime in with help when I can, but I'm sure I've asked foolish questions as well. So far, no rude replies. Possibly because I read as much as possible, and my foolish questions haven't been asked yet.

You say there are no stupid questions? I ask how do I comment on a thread?

#25 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Just want to say to the OP and to anyone else who doesn't agree with my "side" of this discussion. I was never trying to confrontational to you (Mr. OP), nor anyone who doesn't agree with my "view" on this topic.

The itchy trigger finger on the lock function around here can be excessive at times. That is all.

Back to the discussion: When I say ignorant I guess I'm using the wrong word. There is ignorant-Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated and I guess what I was referring to are people who are ignorant and also indolent. It's one thing to not know the subject matter, it's another whole issue to expect everyone to owe you the answer under the auspices of not knowing any better. That's a situation of a person who is either immature or just plain spoiled. Just to clarify.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#26 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Just want to say to the OP and to anyone else who doesn't agree with my "side" of this discussion. I was never trying to confrontational to you (Mr. OP), nor anyone who doesn't agree with my "view" on this topic.

The itchy trigger finger on the lock function around here can be excessive at times. That is all.

Back to the discussion: When I say ignorant I guess I'm using the wrong word. There is ignorant-Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated and I guess what I was referring to are people who are ignorant and also indolent. It's one thing to not know the subject matter, it's another whole issue to expect everyone to owe you the answer under the auspices of not knowing any better. That's a situation of a person who is either immature or just plain spoiled. Just to clarify.

I didn't take it as that Tucstwo. You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else. The OP was just my opinion on how things could be better, that's all.
Posted Image

#27 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

The arguing stops now or I lock the damn thread and start even further action. Last damn warning, keep it civil and stop the damn arguments!

Umm, I think that is a little out of line? You sound like a teacher yelling at a bunch of kids. Might be time to take a break from the forums, it clearly has you entirely too worked up.
  • johnnyfrost, fixxxer2012 and sgtguthrie like this

#28 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

I didn't take it as that Tucstwo. You are entitled to your opinion like everyone else. The OP was just my opinion on how things could be better, that's all.

Ok thats good. Trust me, I do agree with your original sentiment, my original response is less of a dissenting opinion and more of an addendum. I get your point about being an ass to the new guy, I just also agree with what other people say if you hold everyone's hand it gives them no motivation to learn how to do things because they know there will always be someone to get them out of a bind.
As a police officer, I'm sure you have arrested many people who got caught and even at the time of their arrest can't comprehend that this is actually happening. It's not a joke, there's no hidden camera, they are gettin' locked up and all the crying for Mama won't get them out (at least for now). It seems we live in a world where EVERYONE feels entitled to be understood and EVERYONE is owed that "second chance" even if it's the 900th time they've been given another chance. In short though, I recognize the difference between guiding someone in the right direction (which may even be the search function) and being an outright ass to them. That's about it.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you the 5-0 in NJ?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#29 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Ok thats good. Trust me, I do agree with your original sentiment, my original response is less of a dissenting opinion and more of an addendum. I get your point about being an rear end to the new guy, I just also agree with what other people say if you hold everyone's hand it gives them no motivation to learn how to do things because they know there will always be someone to get them out of a bind.
As a police officer, I'm sure you have arrested many people who got caught and even at the time of their arrest can't comprehend that this is actually happening. It's not a joke, there's no hidden camera, they are gettin' locked up and all the crying for Mama won't get them out (at least for now). It seems we live in a world where EVERYONE feels entitled to be understood and EVERYONE is owed that "second chance" even if it's the 900th time they've been given another chance. In short though, I recognize the difference between guiding someone in the right direction (which may even be the search function) and being an outright rear end to them. That's about it.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you the 5-0 in NJ?

Yep. NJ
Posted Image

#30 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

no offense but as a mod i don't think thats the appropriate language to get a point across. lets not turn this place into xda.
  • sgtguthrie likes this

#31 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Yep. NJ

No, I meant where at? State or Municipality?

#32 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

no offense but as a mod i don't think thats the appropriate language to get a point across. lets not turn this place into xda.

Lol whatever.

#33 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I agree and I also believe this thread was constructive, civil, and on topic until hicks added his thoughts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • sgtguthrie likes this

#34 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I agree and I also believe this thread was constructive, civil, and on topic until hicks added his thoughts.

Well then you obviously haven't read the whole thread.

#35 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

No, I meant where at? State or Municipality?

Municipality
Posted Image

#36 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well then you obviously haven't read the whole thread.

Yes I have read the whole thread. Just because there are different opinions or people see things differently than others does not mean a thread should be closed or a mod should step in treat the members like you did. Forums are meant for discussions correct? People were discussing. Until your tirade sent it into a spin.

• sgtguthrie likes this

#37 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Can we stop the attacking hicks comment please? I don't agree with the comment either but it has been addressed and the thread has moved on... attacking a forum member is exactly what this thread is addressing and we are being a bit hypocritical by continuing to attack someone after its been addressed.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

#38 RustyTrombone

RustyTrombone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

"Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends." haha

Let's all just remember why we're here.

Thanks Rob.

#39 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Can we stop the attacking hicks comment please? I don't agree with the comment either but it has been addressed and the thread has moved on... attacking a forum member is exactly what this thread is addressing and we are being a bit hypocritical by continuing to attack someone after its been addressed.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

Point taken. I do agree with the OP. I understand why people get annoyed by repeat questions and I agree everyone should do their part to search for answers. I also believe that we shouldn't crucify people for asking those questions either. We are here to help right?

#40 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

im going to lock this thread not because of you guys but because i have a key and i wanna use it :) lol jk carry on just keep it respectful please
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users